The State of the Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The State of the Boards

I will say, I will stay on these boards. And so far, I've been accepted by everyone. And if the mods say I have a problem, I'll try to do whatever they say, even to things I don't agree with. I broke the signature rule by having too many spaces in between them. Joe informed me, and I accept it, no problem.

That being said, I too will not desert this board. And when Joe says that stuff about gangs, I tore down half of my sig in respect to him. I do want to say is that everyone should respect each other the same way they want to be treated. Joking is joking, but as Ray said that when the guy says stop, you BETTER stop. Some people, including msyself, just need to learn self restraint, and again respect each other's space. "I disagree" is fine. "You suck" not acceptable. I also think that the other board has some cool ideas as well, but cutting Joe down WAS and still IS crossing the line.

Ray can just join the other forums and stay cool with both sides of the scale, but he decided to stay here instead joining his great friends. That show's the man's integrity. I will say, I will not look down on him if he so does so.

Typing this, I realize what I'm saying is what others are saying before me. Things do happen, lifes to short, don't mess up and we should all do fine. I also said before that if you can't deal with that, the door is open and I won't stop you leaving, but I don't want anyone to leave either.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

....and something else we've forgotten to mention is Joe is PAYING for his webspace. We have this thing on his credit.
      http://theramblingelf.tumblr.com/ - my Tumblog (music reviews galore!)
      http://twitter.com/TheRamblingElf - my Twitter
      http://www.facebook.com/rwarrell - my Facebook

Comment

Originally Posted By: 8bit Fighter I do want to say is that everyone should respect each other the same way they want to be treated.
        Absolutely, I live my whole life by that rule.
        >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
        SHIP ERTH THIS IS
        YR CPTIN SPEKING
        YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

Originally Posted By: Ady
          Originally Posted By: 8bit Fighter I do want to say is that everyone should respect each other the same way they want to be treated.
          Same here

Comment

Originally Posted By: Niklas
            Originally Posted By: Ady
            Same here
            Well man, for me that's just common sense, but aparentely some people don't know that.
            Can't you see what I see
            You and I victims of Their word
            As the master of power
            Try to poison our world
            ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

I am an active contributor at two online forums and both are run by strict disciplinarians who demand that users follow the rules. Both are perfectly willing to let the troublemakers leave and only ask that they are careful not to let the door hit them in the ass on the way out. [Ironically, I have literally read both of these site administrators use that phrase in their posts.]

Despite the occasional ruffled feathers, both are far better forums due to these site administrators.

Every man that is tossed out of a bar for unruly behavior blames the bartender and the bouncer for his problems...
              How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
              --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally Posted By: Franklin Every man that is tossed out of a bar for unruly behavior blames the bartender and the bouncer for his problems...
                Let me add that freedom of speech without rules doesn't exist. You can have more or less freedom; but you can never have such freedom to speak everything that comes into your mind. Everything that you say has a penalty, if you are breaking some rules; either they are wrote or not (e.g. if you insult an american football player, you`re gonna be kicked in your ass...) Even there are things that are forbidden for being said, or you're going to jail (e.g. to threat someone to kill him) So, if that is in real life, how can someone think that has the right to say anything he wants in a private forum?

Comment

Joe,
                  You and your team are doing and excellent job!
                  Keep up the good work and 'Fight the Good Fight'!

This kind of stuff happens on every forum!
                  So I'll say it this way;
                  <span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style="color: #FF0000">NO ONE has an absolute freedom of speach!</span></span>

There will always be rules, and there will always be a consequence to your actions!

Finaly!

<span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style="color: #FF6600">Do NOT Feed the Trools!</span> </span>

Comment

I've never really noticed a big problem on these forums, at leaste not one where most of the "Forum Regulars" would be involved like this one seemingly is, 'cept for me, but i wouldn't classify myself as one of the most important people to this forum. Anyway, like staed above, No one has the absolute freedom of speech. If that were true, though, forums like this "god forbid" would allgo to shit, like a lot of the others. This is my first forum that i started to post oin regularly. I've learned a lot from this forum. Hell, before i came here, i didn't know anythoing about Sabbath, 'cept that i liked their music. All i'm saying is, is that this forum is important to a lot of people, and if you, us even, the people who post things, let this go to shit, then it's a big waste.
                    "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

Originally Posted By: celt I too have checked out the "other forum". What a fricken joke. It consists of the same three people cussing, using bad grammar and spelling, and just generally not saying anything even remotely intelligent or interesting.
                      I've looked a few times. The kind of nonsense that is there is PRECISELY why I have the rules I do. To prevent 12 year olds (and those who want to act like that) from trashing the place. If that's their idea of "enlightened", well, then go play in your own sandbox - I don't miss behaviour like that AT ALL.

Originally Posted By: Ray Rules Well, I don't acess the so called "other board", but one thing I know, they don't talk shit about me. They are my friends, very, very close friends - Fred is coming down to Brazil in june - but I'm here and only here due loyalty to Joe. This is the first place I came for a forum and that's where I will stay.
                      I appreciate that, but if they are the friends you say they are, well, then you should read what they're saying. I'm big enough to take some insults, but if you think they're due your blind loyalty, go look at how they're behaving.
                      Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                      View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Good gravy, looks like I missed a whole lot of unnecessary bullshit.

Moderators are there for a reason. They moderate. If there weren't any, this place would be a wasteland. Everyone "have a Coke and a smile."

All the best,
                        PAULIE
                        http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UoulA6r90n...ill%2Bward.JPG

Comment

Originally Posted By: Joe Siegler
                          Originally Posted By: celt I too have checked out the "other forum". What a fricken joke. It consists of the same three people cussing, using bad grammar and spelling, and just generally not saying anything even remotely intelligent or interesting.
                          I've looked a few times. The kind of nonsense that is there is PRECISELY why I have the rules I do. To prevent 12 year olds (and those who want to act like that) from trashing the place. If that's their idea of "enlightened", well, then go play in your own sandbox - I don't miss behaviour like that AT ALL.

Originally Posted By: Ray Rules Well, I don't acess the so called "other board", but one thing I know, they don't talk shit about me. They are my friends, very, very close friends - Fred is coming down to Brazil in june - but I'm here and only here due loyalty to Joe. This is the first place I came for a forum and that's where I will stay.
                          I appreciate that, but if they are the friends you say they are, well, then you should read what they're saying. I'm big enough to take some insults, but if you think they're due your blind loyalty, go look at how they're behaving.
                          I don't want to get myself between the hammer and the anvil, man, that's why I don't even acess their boards. I'm good here, trying to help you out turning the forum in what it was in the past, a very nice place to settle down and have a good moment. They are my friends, and we constantly talk on msn, but on the forum subject, as I said, I'm with you for the long ride.
                          Can't you see what I see
                          You and I victims of Their word
                          As the master of power
                          Try to poison our world
                          ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Wow.

Just...wow.

had no idea this stuff was going on. Not enough hours in the day.

For what it's worth: this board and it's rules are far less draconian than others out there.

Comment

This is the final thing I'm going to say in regards to the other board. These things were posted, and I'll say this and wash my hands of it.

Quote: Celt and any other members who dont like this board get the fuck out if you cant stand it,cant stand out Grammar mistakes,cant stand our silly 12 year-old acting. this board is not for you,but people who like to have some freedom of saying "Fuck" without it getting deleted.
                              First off if you quit this board, why are you still reading it and then replying over there? If you have the balls to say something, then say it to me directly. Here. If you want to quit here, then QUIT. Stop reading. Go away. If you want to return, and play by the rules that everyone else seems to have no problem with, that's fine. But if you really want to leave - then LEAVE. Stop reading.

Also, if I wanted to block the word fuck, it'd be in the censor. I don't delete posts for that. I delete posts for what's in the rules. If you want to say something about me, at least say the right thing, don't make up inaccurate rules.

Quote: We are still being scolded for what ? Qutting ?
                              No, for obscene thing like talking about my wife in insults about me on your board. That is so far out of bounds, it's not even REMOTELY funny. This in particular:

Quote:
                              NWO: Joe Seigler
                              EI: SEXUAL TRANSMITTED DISEASE
                              NWO: uh His wife? LOL That was bad i admit but fucking FUNNY!
                              EI: Off topic but wouldnt fuck her with your little pee pee !
                              NWO: LOL OFF TOPIC? I NEVER BEEN MORE ON! LOL!
                              You do dumb shit like that because you think you're some rebel punk ass something or other who doesn't want to play by rules. You want to know why I have the rule about bootlegs, and FTP and all that? It's because Sabbath band management monitors the board, looking for things like that. And guess what? They're monitoring you now too I would imagine, since you're linked from over here. Give the finger to Iommi all you want, they may come down on you. It's not for no reason I have the rules I have. But you don't want to see that. You want to think it's funny to sit there in your sandbox, taking a piss on my rules, and the way I have things set up.

Well, you know what? I'm done with you guys. If that's the kind of "educated" free board you want to run, try it. It's been done before. You'll have maybe a couple of members join you, and you'll be finished. Nobody will care, because it's EI & Wayout and their swearing 12 year old friends.

I'm being this way because of the stupid remarks about my wife you guys made. As I said, I can take insults, but you little stupid fucktards, MY FAMILY IS OUT OF BOUNDS, AND NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS. You have no right to say anything like that.

If you said something like that to my face, you might find yourself sucking your meals through a straw.

Sometimes I'm amazed I even try to be nice to you guys, but my religion and my God demand that I do. So I will. You want to return? Fine. But we will have to have a talk first. There's your olive branch. Take it or not.

If you don't take it, that's fine. I've tried. But you really don't want to cross me, or piss me off again like that. You might not like the way I retaliate beyond this rant above.

Keep my family out of it. Or else.
                              Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                              View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

I read that on the other board, and I'm like "big wtf moment" right there. One thing to leave a board, it's another when you detest and ridicule your former message board provider. Should of just kept their mouth SHUT, but apparently that's why they left, because they simply can't. Joe I'm with you, you keep doing what you need to do.
                                "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Working...
                                X