The State of the Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The State of the Boards

It's well-known that I'm friends with NWO, and I have him on my MSN list; so naturally I'm a bit saddened and concerned by the way he's acting. I agree that he's said some stuff that's way out of bounds. I just wish that for one second he would take a step back, look at the stuff he's posting, and realize that he is taking it over the line.

I agree with 8bit on this one; Joe, do what you need to do. I hope that NWO doesn't take this personally, as I deeply respect the guy. But I can't really defend or side with someone when they're acting this way, it conflicts with my own values.

Comment

Nah ... I had something more to say, but changed my mind. I did look at their board, however ... and that one time was one time too many.

Comment

this is none of my business, but those insults are a few lightyears too far, and that olive branch is a pearl thrown to pigs (to use an image from the Book) - useless and wrong. Personally, I'd prefer not to be in the company of those people here, and I'd rather they are not readmitted.

my business: the thing with the bootlegs, the reason to forbid them has always been pretty clear; the DMB had problems, if I remember well, exactly due to that. The DPH is tolerated (well, even supported, by people such as Gillan, Dio, and many others, with freebies and exclusive interviews) because it has a lot of members, a strict policy of no official material whatsoever, and unconditional banning of anything by any band who gives any sign of not wanting it there. Now links to record shops that sell, amongst other things, bootlegs, I don't understand why they are not allowed. In the end, what happens is that a few lucky people know them, and most are out in the wild and end up buying fakes on ebay (too much of that there), which I think is worse for the bands. Because only a true fan buys a boot, and if he gets something made with quality, he'll be happy, if he gets a cheap CDR with home-printed cover, he'll be unhappy.

What I mean is that, ok, it's clear that "we have to respect the rules", but given that at least some people are both intelligent AND have a healthy inbuilt disrespect for authority, maybe some of these problems might have been avoided by spelling out loud and clear, from the beginning, the rationale behind the rules. Granted that this wouldn't help those with a silly inbuilt disrespect for authority AND lack of intelligence.

Comment

In regards to the things said about Joe's family on the "other board", NoWayOut and Eternal Idol, you two deserve to be called out for your scumbag comments!!! They are indefensible, and if you two had any shred of humanity in yourselves, you would be very ashamed. But since you both apparently think it was so funny, you obviously don't. Get it together and join the human race!

Comment

Spoke to NoWayOut. He asked me to quote the message he wrote there:

Quote: I Deleted the Heinous and Odious remarks of Joe's wife...
            I would greatly appreciate it if we do not mention Joe and or His Family here..Thats all i ask of you guys.It was wrong of me in the first place. Thanks

-NO WAY OUT
            Can't you see what I see
            You and I victims of Their word
            As the master of power
            Try to poison our world
            ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Originally Posted By: David86 I only want to say thank you, Joe & Staff, for your efforts in keeping this place bullshit-free. Thanks a lot, and keep it up.

Cheers.
              Indeed

The blood runs free
              The rain turns red
              Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

Originally Posted By: Ray Rules Spoke to NoWayOut. He asked me to quote the message he wrote there:

Quote: I Deleted the Heinous and Odious remarks of Joe's wife...
                I would greatly appreciate it if we do not mention Joe and or His Family here..Thats all i ask of you guys.It was wrong of me in the first place. Thanks

-NO WAY OUT
                Perhaps he should have thought about that before he said those things in the first place?

Let them have their board where they can swear and curse each other. Hopefully it will keep them out of this place!

Mentioned many times before:

Joe's website and board = Joe's rules!

Simple as that! If people don't like it? Then leave...
                God knows as your dognose

Comment

Anyone who goes and creates a forum to curse and insult Joe's family over simple rule obedience clearly had a lit fuse before even going near a lighter...

Seriously, after reading those remarks I couldn't believe they'd stoop that low. All Joe wanted to do was create a place for Sabbath fans to discuss, debate and maybe even befriend without having to worry about assholes overthrowing the peace. Does this offend them the slightest?

Joe: continue what you're doing. We're all grateful for it.

Comment

I've been to the other forum. I just cant get used to it. It doesn't have the same feel as it does here. When I'm here I feel at home. And I wouldn't know half the shit I know about Sabbath if not for Joe. The man knows EVERYTHING! Anyone who has this much love for Sabbath or metal in general has my full respect. Plus, his name is under Bill Ward's thanks on "Reunion". YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT!
                    So live for today
                    Tomorrow never comes

Comment

I've been to the other forum. I just cant get used to it. It doesn't have the same feel as it does here. When I'm here I feel at home. And I wouldn't know half the shit I know about Sabbath if not for Joe. The man knows EVERYTHING! Anyone who has this much love for Sabbath or metal in general has my full respect. Plus, his name is under Bill Ward's thanks on "Reunion". YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT!
                      So live for today
                      Tomorrow never comes

Comment

Originally Posted By: BloodshtBass I've been to the other forum. I just cant get used to it. It doesn't have the same feel as it does here. When I'm here I feel at home. And I wouldn't know half the shit I know about Sabbath if not for Joe. The man knows EVERYTHING! Anyone who has this much love for Sabbath or metal in general has my full respect. Plus, his name is under Bill Ward's thanks on "Reunion". YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT!
                        Yeah, I checked it out once. It doesn't feel inviting when one of the first posts you read is a challenge from the main moderator that if you're "spying" for "the other board" to look him up so he can knock your "teath" (his spelling, not mine! ) out. I didn't even see the post about Joe's family - what I saw was quite enough. Certainly not a place that's going to make new members feel at home, IMO.

Comment

Originally Posted By: BloodshtBass I've been to the other forum. I just cant get used to it. It doesn't have the same feel as it does here. When I'm here I feel at home. And I wouldn't know half the shit I know about Sabbath if not for Joe. The man knows EVERYTHING! Anyone who has this much love for Sabbath or metal in general has my full respect. Plus, his name is under Bill Ward's thanks on "Reunion". YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT!
                          Yeah, I checked it out once. It doesn't feel inviting when one of the first posts you read is a challenge from the main moderator that if you're "spying" for "the other board" to look him up so he can knock your "teath" (his spelling, not mine! ) out. I didn't even see the post about Joe's family - what I saw was quite enough. Certainly not a place that's going to make new members feel at home, IMO.

Comment

I had something else to say about the other board, but I came to a point where it's not worth saying anything at all about them.
                            "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

I had something else to say about the other board, but I came to a point where it's not worth saying anything at all about them.
                              "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

I just had a peek, what a load of juvenile cobblers.
                                Just ignore 'em, we're better off without them.

Comment

Working...
                                X