Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

What are your hobbies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your hobbies?

In the interest of opening up and sharing a little bit about ourselves, I thought I would open up a thread where we could talk about our hobbies, or those things we like to do when we're not listening to Black Sabbath. I'll go first.

1. Astronomy. I have a nice telescope collection. Some would say an obsessively compulsively large collection. OK, I collect telescopes like some people collect stray cats. I really enjoy driving up to a quiet mountaintop to spend the night under the stars, just me and the wildlife.

2. Hiking. I live in Santa Barbara and we have dozens of great hiking trails.

3. Computers. I am a computer geek. I like building systems for fun. I guess I'm a natural born tinkerer. [I grew up on erector sets and tinker toys.]

So what do you guys like doing in your spare time?
    How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Re: What are your hobbies?

1. I play with my kids. As often as I can for as long as they'll let me. I figure one day they won't want me around as much so I'm getting in my time now!

2. I hang out with my wife. Talking. Being together. Date night at least once a week. Dinner, concert, movie, theater, whatever... Quality time.

3. I cook. Every night I'm at home I cook dinner. On Thursday I had twenty five people over for dinner, my entire NY based department. I left the office at two and cooked everything I served that night. I loved it, and they got a kick out of their boss cooking them dinner.

4. I spend time with my friends. They inspire me.

5. I play guitar.

6. I read.

6. I play soccer & tennis.

I listen to music and travel for work. Much as I love them, I can't consider them hobbies until December when I retire.

Comment

Oh, I also forgot:

4. Movies. I love watching movies. I don't go to the theatre much, but I have a Netflix subscription. Last night my wife and I watched Walk The Line together. That was nice.
      How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
      --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Every hobby I have is serious fun. Hobby seems like it's too light of a descriptive term for the things I enjoy in life.

I like to walk. Aimlessly. I'll cover the town in a day if I'm in the mood. It's some quality alone time as well.

Exercise. See above. Plus, I enjoy situps, working with weights.

Movies. All kinds. Lowbrow comedies to Bergman films.

Reading. Again, all kinds. Anything from Tolstoy to a good mystery, doesn't matter.

Sports. I'm not terribly athletic, much to my chagrin, but I'm a devoted sports fan. Especially contact sports such as football, boxing, MMA, and even professional wrestling.

Comment

I play guitar & transcribe music (tab)
          I love reading... except stuff like Cohelo and that kind of literature.
          I love going down to the bar and chatting with my friends on weekends.
          Videogames, but not very often, I'll play some once every few months, usually when I'm bored of doing everything else.

That's basically it, university takes up most of my time, usually when I come home the only thing I want to do is to rest... then I remember that I'll have enough time to rest when I'm dead!
          The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

I Love Playing Drums and Guitar (Ive been playing drums for around 9 years now)
            I absolutely LOVE reading,I have a university level Reading skill.
            I like going out everyday to meet up with random people.everyday is different.
            and buying Music is one of my hobbies
            R.I.P. Ronald Padavona,Ronnie James Dio,DIO,Legend.

Comment

1) I spend a lot of time with my partner, true companion and soulmate of over 11 years. She's a great girl and has changed my life for the better in countless ways.

2) Playing Drums as I have for over 30 years. At the moment, my apartment does not accomodate a drumset, so I have been working out some sticking patterns on a practice pad. Always trying to develop better independence of the limbs, particularly the left hand and foot.

3) I love Beer and not soley the "getting a buzz" part (although it's a nice side effect). I love sampling different beers from around the country and around the world. I truly believe the brewing process is a perfect blend of Art and Science and have been a practicing home-brewer for almost 20 years.

4) Love sports although I have little opportunity to participate these days. I avidly follow professional Football, which remains my favorite, followed by baseball and boxing.

5) Hanging out with my friends, whether it's going to a show, gathering for a few beers, or whatever. I'm very fortunate to have a large group of friends and acquaintances, most of whom go as far back as my high school days and some a lot further than that.

6) Music, music, music!! Listening, playing, discussing, debating, discovering, rediscovering, introducing, being introduced to, etc., etc., etc. Music!!

7) I'm lucky in that I love my job. A lot of people can't say that. (I spent a long time working at great paying jobs that I hated and low paying jobs that I loved.) In the last 10 years I have been able to work my way into a field that I love and get paid handsomely for it.
              Good Beer is the perfect blend of Art & Science.

Comment

I obviously play bass guitar. I also play the trumpet for my high school's marching band. I like to write music and lyrics but I also like to write poetry, short stories, etc. I play plenty of video games as well.
                So live for today
                Tomorrow never comes

Comment

- Video Games (Happening a lot lately, especially Brawl and my new re visitation of Final Fantasy VII)
                  - Guitar (Need to get my ass back into it.)
                  - Watching Movies (Youtube or non Youtube)
                  - Reading other forums (This is the only forum I frequent often. IMDB I rarely go on, and the rest I like to read to poke fun at the losers who think they are the shit, when they're not.)
                  - Fixing the basement (Another hobby, like guitar, that I have been neglecting. It's basement first, then guitar second, as far as trying to get back on track of things.)
                  - Hanging out with friends.
                  - Collecting music other than Black Sabbath.
                  "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

My Hobbies:

1) Playing guitar. I love it, it is my passion.

2) Music.

3) Movies. I love action movies and comedies but I can enjoy any movie that's good and some that aren't-I am a fan of a few cult movies (like Flash Gordon) which drives my friends (BloodshtBass) insane.

4) Hanging out with my friends. The only friends I really hang out with are the guys in my band and since BloodshtBass and I live very close to each other we hang out whenever we can. They're all like my brothers, those guys, and I'm fortunate to have them in my life.

5) Video Games. Big time gamer, always have been. I have an XBOX360 and I buy games for it constantly. I am currently looking forward to Too Human.

6) I love my job too!

Comment

Shooting, hunting, reloading ammo, some minor gunsmithing, and reading. And although I wouldn't call it a hobby, I do jog and lift weights.
                      Life Member of the NRA

Comment

Shooting, hunting, reloading ammo, some minor gunsmithing, and reading. And although I wouldn't call it a hobby, I do jog and lift weights.
                        Life Member of the NRA

Comment

Bass guitar

Video games

Heavy metal
                          Going to shows love going to concherts.

Oh and Geting drunk

Comment

Bass guitar

Video games