Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancer

Has anyone had a round with cancer yet?
    I was diagnosed with a stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma on Dec 28th 2006.
    I took chemo for a year.(which kicked my ass)
    I then had some of my bones deteriating from the cancer.
    The only thing that bothered me was my son is only seven.
    I could accept death but my son needed me.
    I started having blood in my urine again this month.
    I went to Memphis today and had to get a pet scan.
    They told me a could have cancer in my blatter or kidneys now.
    Or it could be stones.

I was on chemo in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syc-JqKP-j4

here is me last month or so
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VCOY...eature=related

I lost like 50 pounds in a month and a half.lol
    I do thank God for how far I have come.

Well, I was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer the first week of August. Nearly died from the anemia, but all of my blood counts are good now. I've completed 5 chemo cycles so I really feel for ya bro. At this point, there's no treatment timeline and I don't know if surgery is still on the table (no pun intended). I'm lucky in that I have few side effects, just a little nausea, no pain, and everything is still functioning - and the town I live in is a center for cancer research. My son is 20, and is proving himself pretty capable, so I don't have quite the same concerns there as you do.

Having experienced kidney stones, I sure wouldn't wish that on anybody either. But in this case, I pray that your cancer is not extending. Believe me, your support group is here. Keep us posted, Paul.
    Is it just me, or does somebody else believe it?
    I'm not alone, and I'm not afraid.
    There's just one thing to say, after all.

Comment

Well I finished chemo.
      But I guesse I am headed for round 2.
      Sorry to hear about your cancer.
      On about my 8th round of chemo I was throwing up while was taking it.

Comment

My best friend's mom died of breast cancer.
        "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

Sorry to hear about it, guys. I hope you both pull through okay. Stay strong and keep good spirits, that's the best way to go about it, and let the doctors do their thing.

Comment

My mom had a complete mastectomy due to breast cancer before myself and my two sister were born. She managed to raise 3 children after that. About 5 years ago she had a kidney removed (I think it was cancerous, but I'm not sure) and she's still going strong.
            Do you want to encourage the Sabb Four to release a studio, demo, or official live version of "Scary Dreams" (the thus far unreleased song they debuted/performed live during their 2001 Ozzfest tour)? If so, consider becoming a fan of Scary Dreams on facebook by clicking the below link:

https://www.facebook.com/blacksabbathscarydreams

Comment

Well it is like do what the doctor says or die.lol
              I have very good doctor.
              I took my chemo at the West Clinic in Southaven ms.
              Which is right next to Memphis.
              That chemo I took gives you bad arthirits.

I have used all these

Lorcet/I devoloped an allergy to
              Percocet/I devoloped an allergy to
              Panlor//I devoloped an allergy to
              Daludin/made you crazy i hate it.
              meperdine/is what I use now

Muscle relaxer for craps that was out of control in my calve muscles
              Flexeril/ok
              Soma/weak
              Parafon Forte/so so

xanax for anxiety

Comment

Stay strong guys. Cancer is horrible.

Prayers out to all of you.

I have had a couple of family members and friends that have survived breast cancer. My great-grandmother was not so lucky back in the 50's.

Take care of yourselfs and listen to your doctors.
                "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

I'm pretty sure nearly everyone has experienced some close encounter with cancer - it just seems to be one of those things that touches us all to some degree.

My chemo regimen consists of Eloxatin, 5-Fluorouracil (the Cadillac of cancer drugs, and something that my company used to make), and Avastin. Now Eloxatin is my nemesis, as it causes my one big, nasty side-effect - a severe sesitivity to cold. Now, I live in Florida so falling in the snow is not a problem. But I've been known to enjoy relaxing with and ice cold beer (or 6, or 10, or whatever) so THIS is a problem. Well, I've been drinking more beer in the continental style these days - room temperature. I can safely say that a six-pack of ambient Heineys isn't all bad.

Comment

Well I got my results back on my pet scan today.
                    I am good.
                    Looks like I owe God another one.lol
                    Last edited by paul hill; 10-22-2008, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Terrible to hear this. Stay strong and God bless.

My stepfather, the greatest man I've ever known on this earth, died of colon cancer in 2005. I am angry about it because it could have probably been avoided, had he not been too stubborn to go to the doctor. He hadn't had a full physical since he got out of the Army in 1959.

My mother-in-law died of breast cancer in 1986. I never got to meet her. She was my wife's self-described best friend.

EARLY DETECTION. It's not a guarantee, but it helps.
                      He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

Originally posted by paul hill View Post
                        Well i got my resolts back on my pet scan today.
                        I am good.
                        Looks like I owe God another one.lol
                        Glad to har it, Paul ... Hodgkins runs in my family ... if I'm not mistaken it's never considered "cured," simply in remission.

I hope yours remains in remission for a good 90 years.

Paul, Ozzien -all of you battling this disease, the best to you. My wife had an ovary removed a couple years ago - had a tumor the size of a softball. She's fine now. Keep your attitudes good and your spirits up.
                        Last edited by racer; 10-22-2008, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Wow, its good to see your doing alright there. Gladly, cancer hasn't effect me or my family. Sadly Ozzien, I havn't even experience with it or someone close to have it.
                          Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

It is always in remission never cured.
                            Every 6 months or so you need a ct scan.

Comment

That's some really great news, Paul! I will keep my fingers crossed that it stays that way.

And Marc, you're in a unique situation. And I pray that you never have to experience it.

My own numbers continue to imnprove at a pretty fast pace. I will probably go for another scan in a month or so to see how the growths on my liver and lungs are doing. Actually, that's really good news compared to what I was told in August.

On the other side, we found out Sunday that my wife's favorite aunt has a stage 5 lymphoma, about 6 months left. That means she will have lost both of her aunts to cancer.

It's a dirty disease, guys. I hope that everybody gets regular check-ups and follows up on any little indication that something isn't quite right. Stay well, everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X