Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Band vs Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band vs Band

I figured 'General' is the most suitable place in which to post this. It could be a fun game we all dig into daily or whenever we wanna. Very simple enough to play. To begin, we have band A vs band B. You decide which one between the two bands you like better and enter 'your choice' vs a 'new band' in your post. Example: when I see Led Zeppelin vs The Beatles, I vote LZ..So, then I post LZ vs Iron Maiden for another poster to choose and let the game go on from there. Certain bands can come up as frequently as anybody chooses to put them up there. And you don't have to worry about having to select pairs of bands of exactly the same genre or anything like that.

I remember playing a similar 'song vs song' game on another board, in the past. But that game seems to stutter and stop all the time because specific songs (and esp song titles) can be a lot harder to recognize and remember for many of us or if you haven't heard the song, then you probably won't even post. Anyway, maybe I'm a bit bored and short of ideas and all so I'm throwing this game out to you all and see how it goes, that's all. Heck, we could maybe even do an album vs album game sometime.

Anyway, I'll start things off with:

Rainbow vs The Ramones
    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Nice idea!

Rainbow any day of the week. I was never all that big on punk in any kind of shape, and Rainbow is one of my favourite bands.

Rainbow vs. Thin Lizzy
    http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

Thin Lizzy. Phil Lynott's song writing capabilities got me hooked more than Rainbows by an inch.

Thin Lizzy vs. Captain Beyond
      "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Wow! That's a tough choice. CB was so creative, and ahead of their time. But Lizzy was a serious part of my teen years. Got to go with Lizzy.

Thin Lizzy vs. Blue Oyster Cult
        Is it just me, or does somebody else believe it?
        I'm not alone, and I'm not afraid.
        There's just one thing to say, after all.

Comment

Thin Lizzy!

Thin Lizzy vs Deep Purple
          http://wickedinquisition.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Lizzy are great, but I don't know them like I know Purple.

Deep Purple Vs Slayer
            >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
            SHIP ERTH THIS IS
            YR CPTIN SPEKING
            YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

Purple.

Purple v Led Zep

Comment

Deep Purple

Deep Purple vs. UFO
                "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

UFO

UFO v Scorpions

Comment

UFO

UFO vs Blue Cheer
                    http://wickedinquisition.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Guys, nice to see you all come along and give this a shot. I enjoyed how you chose to talk of some of your sentiments behind your choices, to kick-start the game.
                      Btw, you don't have to write your band choice first and then your own new pair. You can straight away post the new band v band pair---your choice would be obvious in your post, anyway.

Blue Cheer vs The Kinks
                      "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

OK

Blue Cheer vs. Cream
                        Is it just me, or does somebody else believe it?
                        I'm not alone, and I'm not afraid.
                        There's just one thing to say, after all.

Comment

Blue Cheer
                          Blue Cheer vs. Black Widow
                          "Just remember love is life and hate is living death" - A National Acrobat

http://flummoxed.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Blue Cheer vs Led Zeppelin
                            >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
                            SHIP ERTH THIS IS
                            YR CPTIN SPEKING
                            YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

Led Zeppelin vs The Who

Comment

Working...
                              X