"A Rainbow in the Dark" Drawing I Finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "A Rainbow in the Dark" Drawing I Finished

Well guys....Here is my next art project I finished up today.....Its mainly all Colored Pencil on Black Paper Exsept the Light Beam surrouding the moon and the end of the water fall.....that was used with a White Chalk Pastel. This is my very first all Colored Pencil media I have everdone.

From the name....you can probally tell...But this drawing was inspired by the Dio song "Rainbow in the Dark"...Dunno why...It just did lol Plus....my pic has that deep meaning kinda thing goin on like Dio's song....The line "You've been left on your own Like a Rainbow in the Dark".....well that too me makes me think of somebody who is well...Lonley for one...and just ends up not being noticed by anyone....well I thought hell....just like what Dio says....We never tend to see a Rainbow in the Dark now do we? Cuz of not enough light to suport it.....But....What IF we could see that rainbow that everyone passes by and never sees

Enjoy

Here's one I did:

Comment

Lol...Ok I guess lol...Nice...hang on...Thats pink floyd buster...Lol

Comment

Yeah, those bastards stole it from me!

Comment

LOL....Nice One Jon.
          http://www.facebook.com/cosmicchants
          https://soundcloud.com/cosmicchants
          http://www.myspace.com/cosmicchants

Comment

Very good. I like it.
            Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

Thanks Icy

Comment

Awesome work there Sabbath69-78.
                http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

well.... first of all, the drawing is really excellent, you could have said it's your 100th not your first, and I'd believe you; the rainbow coming out of a the water fall, with a peaceful lake underlying the wildness of both the falling water and of a rainbow without light to support it, is a great idea, very creative and well made as well!

But really, is the world upside down?! With a nick sabbath 69-78, the last thing I'd expect was what is obviously a very personal rendition of a song that must mean something to you, or you wouldn't draw with such sensitivity. The last couple of years seem to have won Ronnie Dio some respect even amongst hard core pre-1980 Sabbath fans... even 5 years ago this would have been almost impossible.

Comment

Thanks Metal Priest and Nunoni

Well....Nunoni....I get that a lot....Oh your name is Sabbath69-78....which must CLEARLY mean you blieve the rest of the Sabbath eras are shit or never happend in your opionion! Or ya just ONLY listen to Ozzy Sabbath lolz....well thats not really the case haha....My name is just mearly stating that the fact that...The Ozzy Era was my intro duction into Black Sabbath....where as to some fans it was Ronnie James Dio. But my intro to Sabbath was the Ozzy Era..But...Just cuz my name states that I do enjoy the Ozzy Era does not mean I cant enjoy the Dio, Gillan, Hughes or Martin eras as well.....I have always been a fan of Dio's work on Sabbath and off Sabbath such as his Solo stuff, Rainbow, and Elf. But yes I must say the last few years with the Dio Era back in business again...Has made me get into the Dio era a lot latley...Esspecially when I saw them Live in 2007...that was one hell of a show...and I prayed for a new album just so they can tour again and I can see them again.....But let ya know Im not calling you out or anything Im glad you mentioned that just so i can explain it to ya! No ones at fault here...Thanks for askin.

Comment

This is a great piece of art, Sabbath 69-78! It makes me want to draw again (it's been over a year). Keep it up! I'll be interested to see what else you have to offer.
                      If you tried to give Heavy Metal another name, you might call it "Tony Iommi."

Comment

Thanks Gaun....Glad you like it bro!...You should pick up the pencil again....My last art teacher made me not wanna draw again...cuz we had to pick a Consentration Subject...I picked dream/deep like subjects things that cant be real or things that arnt real but if you put it too art it can happen like this one up on my post....and its like she shunned me from doing it....when Id ask for any type of help or suggestions....I would just get shit on and it made me feel really bad and not want to continue doing it....But then i told her to screw off I draw what I want....and now Im drawing better than I ever did wiht out her help lolz

Comment

Working...
                        X