Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Top Ten Film Comedies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sn0wb1ind0zzy View Post
    This may be a stretch but I get a really good laugh out of Pulp Fiction
    Nah, you're good. Comparing a foot massage to... well... that's funny stuff. It's a very witty film.
    The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
    The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
    As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
    We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Comment

Originally posted by IommiRules View Post
      Nah, you're good. Comparing a foot massage to... well... that's funny stuff. It's a very witty film.
      Haha, I figured it was. Of course we get these over sensitive people who ramble on about the mindless violence and such, but thats a story for another day.
      http://wickedinquisition.bandcamp.com/

Comment

I think Pulp Fiction can be considered comedy, in a similar way to Trainspotting - definitely 'gallows humour'.

@Franklin: hope you enjoy Withnail!

I was looking through a box of old videos today and found Raising Arizona, which I'd forgotten I had. Now all I need to do is dig out a functioning VCR. I'm going up to the attic now, and I may be some time...

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
          Ken, have you seen this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLFXNgvAJiU

I meant to comment ages ago, but I forgot. I am a big fan of Tom Green and used to watch his show all the time on MTV (about the only good thing I ever saw on that channel).

I have hours and hours worth of the shows on VHS which I dug out the other day and started watching again and it still makes me laugh.

This was always one of my favourite segments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfm8-zAenek
          That last one is one of my favorites Another favorite would be the one where he's stalking a pizza delivery guy and tries to undercut him every time he delivers a pizza. It's amazing how mad some people get when they are offered a cheaper pizza haha.

I loved the MTV show and on occasion I also watch the webshow he's broadcasting from his basement. Tom Green's Subway Monkey Hour was excellent too
          http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Kenneth View Post
            That last one is one of my favorites Another favorite would be the one where he's stalking a pizza delivery guy and tries to undercut him every time he delivers a pizza. It's amazing how mad some people get when they are offered a cheaper pizza haha.
            Oh yes, UNDERCUTTERS! The bloke who got mad wasn't even the one who ordered the pizza, it was one of his neighbours. What an overly aggressive man he was!

The Slutmobile was another classic, his poor parents!

I loved the MTV show and on occasion I also watch the webshow he's broadcasting from his basement. Tom Green's Subway Monkey Hour was excellent too
            The Subway Monkey Hour is indeed excellent, I have it on DVD.

I've never caught his webshow live, I suppose it's always on at a time when I'm sleeping. I've watched loads of clips on the website though, the most recent one was where he was in Australia, stroking the Kangaroo, I thought that was great.

I've also emailed him twice in the past and he replied both times.
            >>TECHNICI─NS ÍF SP┼CE
            SHIP E┼RTH THIS IS
            YÍ▄R C─PT┼IN SPE─KING
            YÍ▄R ě┼PT┼IN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

Been watching 1941 and Armed and Dangerous , Belushi and Candy respectivly ! lol
              The worst Sabbath era , is when theres NO Sabbath era !

Comment

Watched the early 1960's classic "One, Two, Three." Hilarious. Highly recommended.

Also watched "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective." Also very funny, but in a decidedly less intellectual fashion.
                How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
                --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Anchorman is the greatest movie ever. I don't give a fuck what you all say.
                  "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

• The Waterboy (The greatest movie of all time.)
                    • Little Nicky (What can I say? I love Adam Sandler movies. Don't give me shit about not listing Happy Gilmore though, I like these two a lot better.)
                    • Pineapple Express (Fuckin funny as hell. I was pretty much entranced throughout the whole movie, not many movies can say that... well, every movie on my list can, but that's besides the point!)
                    • Zoolander (Ben Stiller's finest hour, honestly this movie had me splitting at the sides.)
                    • Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (Another one of those 10/10 comedies. Also I don't care what you guys say, Will Ferrell is actually funny as fuck.)
                    • Mystery Men (Another great movie with Ben Stiller in it. Funny as hell watching how pathetic each of the main "superheroes" is.)
                    • Superbad (Honestly, seeing these kids do all these manly/destructive things, and seeing those cops act like complete goofs, is funny as fuck.)
                    • Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (Funny... I like movies about music/music production too, humorous or not.)
                    • Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (One of the few funny Jim Carrey movies, but this one is really really funny! Plus, Cannibal Corpse! That is all.)

Originally posted by The Rules Mob View Post
                    My own view is (clearly) that "erudite" and "comedy" do not belong in the same paragraph.
                    I agree with you completely!
                    Last edited by The Butt; 09-03-2010, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Cant believe I forgot The Jerk with Steve Martin

Comment

A couple of my favorites

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (1963) has almost every comic actor available in 1963 in it
                        The Mouse that Roared (1959) one of my favorite Peter Sellers movies
                        At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley Dalby View Post
                          Cant believe I forgot The Jerk with Steve Martin
                          And I can't believe I forgot The Man With Two Brains (Steve Martin and Kathleen Turner). Superb!

Comment

Just got to add another to my list - which is now way longer than 10 - Hot Fuzz. I missed it when it first came out, but it got its premiere on terrestrial TV last night, to my joy. The film is stuffed with fine British character actors giving their all to a bonkers plot. A really good film to add to Simon Pegg's Shaun of the Dead. Cate Blanchett has a cameo role, completely unrecognisable as a masked SOCO. Also, I'd wager this must be the first time in Billie Whitelaw's long career (she was the muse of Samuel Becket) that she's had the chance to open fire on her fellow actors.

Americans may have the impression that no-one owns a gun in the UK, apart from gangs in a few of our cities. Not so. I'm not about to recommend Hot Fuzz as a comedy documentary - nor recommend gun ownership for that matter - but it's certainly the case in the rural area where I live that every third person you meet has a shotgun over their arm. Stereotypes begin in reality.

Comment

Working...
                            X