Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

The WORST song ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The WORST song ever?

Sorry, but some mouth breathing, knuckle dragging troglodyte just put one of the worst songs ever into my head. Bobby Goldsboro's ode to sphincter lock, "Honey." I may never recover.

I have what I consider an evil triumvirate of really crappy music. The above mentioned floating turd, Melanie's "I Got A Brand New Key" and "I Was Made For Loving You" from kiss. ( I refuse to capitalize their name- sue me Gene.) If I happen to hear one of these recorded bowel movements, it can honestly tempt me into thinking about the upside of euthanasia.

So, what ruins your day musically? "Billy, Don't Be A Hero"? "Seasons In The Sun"? Let's get a post going of just horrible songs- let's see how deeply scarred some of us really are. Whadda ya got gang?
    The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
    The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
    As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
    We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

"Ebony & Ivory" by McCartney & Wonder.

Two guys responsible for some of Rock'n'Roll's greatest moments combone to produce pop music's biggest turd.

"We Are The World" (Stevie again) & "Say, Say, Say" (Macca you wanker!) come a not very close second & third.

There's also plenty of music types I just can't listen to (extreme /hardcore metal or whatever other subsubsubgenre has cookie monster vocals or Baroque or hardcore dancy-clubby stuff etc etc) but I couldn't name the songs or pieces so they are instantly disqualified!

Comment

I suppose I have a few. It's quite useless to complain about worst songs ever when you can simply avoid them. But when you can't change the dial, yes, it's crime against humanity. So I'll just tell you bands or songs I don't like hearing.

- Anything by U2
      - Aerosmith (only like certain songs, but very teeth grating to my ears.)
      - Lady Gaga
      - Taylor Swift
      - Neon Trees
      - Fall Out Boy (Though fun to mock.)
      - Certain Black/Death Metal acts (not because of the vocals alone, no, I can't stand the constant bass drum being repeated like machine guns.)

But then I could just end this list right here by saying stuff that is not what I would listen to. And for those who think I'm asinine picking these types of music to dislike, taste is relative, and I don't care.
      Last edited by 8bit Fighter; 08-30-2010, 06:56 PM.
      "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Soulja Boy
        http://wickedinquisition.bandcamp.com/

Comment

I'm too Sexy - Right Said Fred (Sad I know the artist)

The stupid Frog song that was viral a few years back.
          "I can honestly say its truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

Flower Punk by The Mothers of Invention is one of the worst song ever. I know it's supposed to be a parody track of sorts, but it's not funny at all and it sounds like the precursor to every single annoying helium vocal techno track to ever come out. Mothers of invention indeed

I'd also like to nominate any song ever recorded by Smokie. Especially Living Next Door To Alice
            http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

Originally posted by IommiRules View Post

So, what ruins your day musically? "Billy, Don't Be A Hero"? "Seasons In The Sun"? Let's get a post going of just horrible songs- let's see how deeply scarred some of us really are. Whadda ya got gang?
              Two that always come to mind when thinking of some of these songs David Geddes - Run Joey Run, I can't believe that actually made the charts. And the only song about cannibalism that ever was a top 20 hit Timothy by The Buoys. These songs are all laughable. I actually own numerous editions of those Billboard Top Hits albums from the 60's & 70's. I listen to them for their comedic value essentially.

The songs that agitate me are the songs that people for some unknown reason take seriously:

Judas Priest - Painkiller - Generic guitar riff & the most terrible cheesed out lyrics. I'd rather listen to Turbo Lover.

Collective Soul - November - terrible vocal with the most annoying 3 chord rotation that never stops! I'll add any other collective soul song with that nasally numbnuts singer, will make me violent.

Kashmir w Jimmy Page & P Doody. I've never disliked Kashmir ever until 97 when it was literally raped by Jimmy Page a Rapper.

Guns N Roses - ALL - Especially their McCartney cover & Paradise City with the never ending ending JUST F-ING STOP THE SONG ALREADY .

ANYTHING & EVERYTHING with Scott Wieland singing.

Alice in Chains - Rooster - just obnoxiously dull & anther song that doesn't know when to END!!!

Pearl Jam - Every song where they rip off a Hendrix riff & pass it off as their song (Most of em).

Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth. it's so overused in movies & TV for dramatic effect. So in the past 20 + years whenever I hear it in a show or movie I think "Oh so this is the part where some Hollywood asshat doesn't have the ability to write something effective enough so he's going to rely on this old song for me to "feel" something. Too cliche to use that song. Just write a better scene.

Any song that has the Auto Tune effect cranked up as loud as the rest of the lead vocal.

Iron Maiden - Sign of the Cross, Blayze Bailey is just FLAT all over that song.

Rob Zombie - Astro Creep - awful vocal. The guy can't sing, & he can't scream so what does he do? Holds his nose & grunts - Oh great! And I'm guaranteed I get to hear the damn song any time I go to a strip bar - Just what I want to hear when looking at hot chicks WONDERFUL!

Stain'd - don't know the name of the song but it's all acoustic & he talks about his "feelings" the whole damn song ..... . Oh wait.. thats EVERY song!

Counting Crows - The singer in this band just irritates me to my core.

Led Zeppelin - Going to California, Battle for Evermore and any other song they have using Mandolins. I don't like folk music. And I hate songs that sound like they're played by guys hanging out in the Shire with Bilbo & Tonto & and whoever else. I listen to Zeppelin to hear a good band play some rock. Thats not what these songs are.

I could go on & on. But I won't.
              The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Anything by Guns N Roses.

Anything by AC/DC that isn't "Shoot to Thrill".

The song "Headless Cross".

Anything with Bruce Dickinson on it, that's not "Aces High", "The Trooper", "Hallowed Be Thy Name", or "Children of the Damned".

Originally posted by 8bit Fighter View Post
                - Certain Black/Death Metal acts (not because of the vocals alone, no, I can't stand the constant bass drum being repeated like machine guns.)
                looooooooooooool

Comment

Originally posted by The Butt View Post
                  Anything by Guns N Roses.

Anything by AC/DC that isn't "Shoot to Thrill".

The song "Headless Cross".

Anything with Bruce Dickinson on it, that's not "Aces High", "The Trooper", "Hallowed Be Thy Name", or "Children of the Damned".
                  looooooooooooool
                  "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

problem, officer?

Comment

Originally posted by 8bit Fighter View Post

- Anything by U2.
                      hear hear!

Comment

I'll second that U2 thing...hate 'em...Also anything with that plastic bitch Lady Gaga...I really hate everything about her..or it...or what ever....Then there are about million finnish artists that I utterly hate...but there really is no point in listing them here though.

Comment

Shame that a WORST SONG EVER thread is degenerating into an ACTS I DON'T LIKE thread...

Comment

Oh bugger.....Hah! I just based my responce on the previous posts!

Okay...Worst song then... Pokerface by Lady Gaga...utter and total fuckin' piece of shit! Simply put!

Comment

Worst song ever?

There are plenty of candidates on the radio station KISS FM. People at work listen to it and it drives me insane. These are grown men I'm talking about who are more than happy to listen all day long to music that is mainly aimed at young girls. I know taste is subjective, but bloody hell. It's torture of the ears.
                              >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
                              SHIP ERTH THIS IS
                              YR CPTIN SPEKING
                              YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

Working...
                              X