No announcement yet.

2010 - 2011 NHL Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kings and Ducks both with five game winning streaks. Yeah!!!!
    How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The Maple Laughs suck so bad that it's painful to watch. The Craptors are sucking pretty bad too.
      We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

My Dead Wings are chugging along nicely. No complaints here in Hockeytown!
        "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

Originally posted by H&H View Post
          My Dead Wings are chugging along nicely. No complaints here in Hockeytown!
          Hopefully that comes to an end tonight...
          ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
            Hopefully that comes to an end tonight...
            Nope! 3 - 1 Wings (but I'm sure you knew that)

I won a beer on this game. My boss lives in Denver, and me being from Detroit, we have bet a beer on each game we play each other this year. I will collect when I see him next week!
            "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

Originally posted by H&H View Post
              Nope! 3 - 1 Wings (but I'm sure you knew that)

I won a beer on this game. My boss lives in Denver, and me being from Detroit, we have bet a beer on each game we play each other this year. I will collect when I see him next week!
              Haha, nice! Good game by the Wings! The Avs are still insanely young and they're constantly having to rework the lines with the injuries, which leads to a lot of inconsistency on their part. Still the 3rd highest scoring team in the league and exciting as hell to watch. Until next time...
              ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                Haha, nice! Good game by the Wings! The Avs are still insanely young and they're constantly having to rework the lines with the injuries, which leads to a lot of inconsistency on their part. Still the 3rd highest scoring team in the league and exciting as hell to watch. Until next time...
                We have a great rivalry, and the games are usually very entertaining.

Comment

R.I.P. Pat Burns !
                  The worst Sabbath era , is when theres NO Sabbath era !

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory House View Post
                    R.I.P. Pat Burns !
                    Yes, sad news. Very sad.
                    How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
                    --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory House View Post
                      R.I.P. Pat Burns !
                      Originally posted by Franklin View Post
                      Yes, sad news. Very sad.
                      RIP

Sad day for hockey.

Comment

Sad day. RIP Burns!

Comment

So, I'm targeting the Nov. 27 game between the Kings and Black Hawks. I've never seen a hockey game live. I would appreciate advice, such as where to buy tickets, how much I should be concerned about seat locations (obviously, "better" seats are more expensive, but what is the sweet spot for "best deal"), what would be a reasonable amount to pay, etc.
                          --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

There really is not a "standard" pricing in hockey. Each arena prices based on supply and demand. I have no clue what a ticket would cost at the LA Forum (whatever they call it now) VS here in Detroit.

A lot of people like to sit near the red line, as you are right in the middle of all the action. It is OK, IMO, however I prefer to sit as low as possible in a corner. With the right location, you can see all the way down the boards, and see what is happening there. Sitting center ice, you lose the puck when it is on your side of the rink. You also lose very little around the end boards in the corner, there is very little you lose along the boards when sitting in a corner.

The drawback to the corner is that you are 200 ft from on of the nets, so you are far away from the action at times during the game. It's not that you can not see, you are just further away.

It is so hard to say, this is the best, because certain area offer better vantage points, however it is all up to you. One plus to center ice, if you are near the benches, is you hear a lot of the "game" going on. Players talking to each other on the bench. Players and coaches yelling to players on the ice, and even hearing the players on the ice "talking" during the play.

Hope that helps. Have fun!

Comment

I prefer the second tier section. Lower levels are fun, but as H&H said, you lose play in close corners and the opposite net is quite a distance.

That being said, I like to be between the blue line and goaltender on the side where my team shoots twice. That's just my preference, as I'm most interested in the action in their offensive end.

Check out this map...Staples Center Seating

Going by that, prime location for me would be around section 7. Hell, even section 302/303. I just prefer that vantage point personally, looking down on the action. I've done the lower bowl stuff a lot and it's not my thing. The Kings are hot right now, and playing the defending Cup champs could up the dollars for tickets, but I don't know what the demand is for the Kings out there.

Either way, your first game? You're gonna have a great time no matter where you sit! Enjoy!

Comment

Just watched Leafs @ Habs quite entertaning !
                                The worst Sabbath era , is when theres NO Sabbath era !

Comment

Working...
                                X