Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

2010 - 2011 NHL Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 - 2011 NHL Hockey

OK Sabbath hockey nuts, the 2010-2011 season started today. Here is our thread for all things NHL and Hockey for the season.

Discuss
    "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Surprised Toronto actually beat Montreal tonight. Not sure what team I'm going for this year though. Since Halak is on the Blues now (stupid choice), I might go for them.
    If the magic comes between us
    And we never meet again
    Take a part of me away
    'Cause maybe it's all above love
    ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

Once again, I will be the lone Kings and Ducks fan here.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

The good news: local television is showing a Quacks game.
      The bad news: The Quacks are losing to the Dead Wings 4-0 at the end of two periods.
      How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
      --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Franklin View Post
        Once again, I will be the lone Kings and Ducks fan here.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

The good news: local television is showing a Quacks game.
        The bad news: The Quacks are losing to the Dead Wings 4-0 at the end of two periods.
        The good news is Howard with the shut out, and the Wings win 4 - 0! Madono nets his first goal as a Wing and Pavel Datsyuk get his first Gordie Howe Hat trick (goal, assist and a fight). Do not Fret Frank, Your teams will win a lot of games this season.

I missed the entire game as I was watching my younger boy march at his final football game of this season. Sophomore year is over, wow do I feel old.
        "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

Just got back in town from Colorado and the Avalanche home opener against the Blackhawks. Loved the outcome! Avs are gonna be fun to watch again this year. Although they just lost as I type this...
          ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Wow this is rocking ?
            The worst Sabbath era , is when theres NO Sabbath era !

Comment

Originally posted by H&H View Post
              The good news is Howard with the shut out, and the Wings win 4 - 0!
              You have a very weird sense of what constitutes good news.
              How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
              --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I didn't even know there was such as thing as channel 67, but they are showing the Colorado - Detroit game that is tied 3 - 3 in the 3rd period. Good to get some hockey coverage here.
                --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

AVS win! Always fun to see the old men go down!
                  ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Toronto: 3-0. Been more then 10 years since that's happened, although it could be more then 20 years for all I know.
                    "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                      AVS win! Always fun to see the old men go down!
                      I always smile when I hear how "old" the WIngs are. The average age on the Wings is 30.7. I know this as I did the math. I wonder where other teams fall. This is as of today's line-up listed on the Red Wings website.

Anyways, I LOVE HOCKEY, and I am so happy it is hockey season once again!

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

So I did a bit more research, and I stand corrected. I found a cool website that is the NHL by numbers. The web address is http://www.nhlnumbers.com/overview.p...NA&season=1011 (go figure).

They have the Wings listed at 31, and that is the oldest team in the NHL. I am surprised, as 31 (30.7) is young in my book, but according to this site, they have the oldest average age, hence they are geezers in comparison....LOL

ENJOY!

Comment

I always smile when I hear how "old" the WIngs are. The average age on the Wings is 30.7. I know this as I did the math. I wonder where other teams fall. This is as of today's line-up listed on the Red Wings website.

Anyways, I LOVE HOCKEY, and I am so happy it is hockey season once again!
                        ENJOY!
                        The best thing about going to a Red Wings game, at least for us Lansing area based fans, is going to Lafayette's Coney Island before the game. (At least you, and DioSword and I know what and where I'm talking about.) I make excuses to get downtown about every 6 weeks. I love Detroit!
                        The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
                        The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
                        As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
                        We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Comment

They have the Wings listed at 31, and that is the oldest team in the NHL. I am surprised, as 31 (30.7) is young in my book, but according to this site, they have the oldest average age, hence they are geezers in comparison....LOL!
                          Well, in the new era, PRIME is like 26-32. That is of course subjective, but yeah...in comparison to a team like the AVS with an average age of 25.8, 31 is dinosaur. Haha!

However, they won the Cup as the oldest, shortest, lightest team in the league in '08, so good on them!

Comment

Glad to see Red Wings starting season quite well. Their roster is much more interesting and well balanced this year, and I think that Howard will break into the elite of NHL goal tenders for good (making a good company for all the finnish goalies ). But sadly Rafalski got injured and will be out for couple of weeks.

Red Wings also have some interesting prospects I'm eagerly waiting to see in NHL, especially Tatar - he really impressed me on the WC of last spring. It might take few years though, since their policy seems to be to keep the young prospects in AHL developing. But I must add that I'm still sad that they traded Leino, since I knew how talented he was after watching his rise to the european elite in my hometown team for couple of years. Maybe it was a good move for Leino career wise (and he didn't perform too well on Wings last season), but I never get tired of watching Finnish danglers in my favorite NHL team

And on a sidenote, does anyone of you hockey maniacs follow european leagues? After all you could keep an eye on some of the potential new players for your favorite NHL teams
                            Last edited by -E5150 StarWanderer-; 10-17-2010, 10:50 AM.
                            "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                            "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
                            "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

The Queens are doing alright so far but the Quacks are kind of sucking so far. Are there any other California hockey fans?
                              --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X