Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do your Avatar and/or Signature mean to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do your Avatar and/or Signature mean to you?

What does your profile say about who you are? I change my stuff every month or so, depending on my mood.

Currently, I have lyrics from "Double the Pain" as my signature. These are words I find myself singing while studying, working, driving. etc. Before that I had a few lines from Nugent's Free For All. Love the Cheshire grin line.

My Avatar, sadly, is pretty accurate. I am the King of 85%. I have the attention span of a gnat on crystal meth. It is something I want to change about myself now, if not faster.

So, what about you? Any deep or funny story behind either your Avatar or Signature choices? Or is it just random stuff that looked cool?
    The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
    The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
    As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
    We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

For my avatar I just pick something that goes with my username, which comes from a song I made with my brother when I was 13 or so. The signature, sometimes I will self promote some song I just finished, or I'll put something silly, like the "Ozzy season! Dio season!" (which I think sums up many of the arguments on this forum).

Comment

Originally posted by Monster Boy View Post
      ... or I'll put something silly, like the "Ozzy season! Dio season!" (which I think sums up many of the arguments on this forum).
      LOL...Didnt get the Bugs Bunny reference until now...

Mackie,
      Corinthians 5:7 . "we walk by faith, not by sight"
      http://www.reverbnation.com/theautumnghosts

Comment

Since I do most of this at work, I really can't do much with avatars and pictures and you tube stuff. So I just keep it basic and use what is on this forum. Right now I have been playing Born Again a lot. Probably will change to Never Say Die soon.

As far as my signature, well as I get older I realize more and more how I am turning into my father who in turn was really Red Foreman on that 70's show. That was my dad through and through. My father would always say "dumb ass" like no one else. My wife has pointed out to me, that I say it as well. OFTEN!
        "Dumb Ass" Red Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

My avatar was the cover of the Agent Steel album Unstoppable Force, and my sig was the chorus of the title track... both in support of Hurt&Heal round 10. Round 11 is upon us, so time for a change...
          I don't need wings to reach the sky
          And I don't need hands to hold you tight...
          ~~~ Coroner ~~~

Comment

My sig is from the back cover of Hawkwind's 1971 album In Search of Space. I just think it sounds cool and goes well with the music from that album and looks cool with the heavy use of umlauts.

Avatar is Stacia, Hawkwind's dancer from 1971 - 1975. The pic is from the Silver Machine promo which was filmed in 1972 for Top of the Pops.
            >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
            SHIP ERTH THIS IS
            YR CPTIN SPEKING
            YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

My avatar is one of the character portraits available in the PC RPG game Neverwinter Nights, I discovered it saved the image as a separate file in the save game folder and is about the right size.

My signature is only visible to the inner circle of elders of the guild of assassins ... no, I'm not one of them either!
              My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

I like Threads like these,

My avatar is a 4 hour concert / film of Bob Dylan and his wife Sara, Bob plays the role of Renaldo and Sara plays the role of Clara, it's my favourite concert of all time as well...Really emotional and mystical .... By now many people will know on these forums that Bob is my god and what I live for.

My signature is also a quote from Bob Dylan on what he thinks of money and success, not long before I had a signature of some his lyrics from the song Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight from the album Infidels, which are some of the greatest lyrics ever.....I also like the signature I had for the longest; Tony Iommi Fact; Nuclear Bombs Are Made of Tony Iommi's used amps

I also did a collection of my avatars here;

http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/album.php?albumid=56

Check em' out

Comment

I have been a member of this forum for 5 1/2 years and have had four avatars in that time, including a recent 2-month fling with a lovely young well-endowed lass. Other than her, I have only used variations of the Ben Franklin from the $100 bill. I like such consistently because I see my avatar as my personal identification. If you see the Franklin, you know it's my post. It becomes like a personal brand.

My signatures have usually been quotes from great minds that I respect, like Albert Einstein or Ben Franklin, or great movie characters. For quite some time I used the quote from the movie Snatch: "You shoud never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." That quote will stand the test of time. Although Bullet Tooth Tony is a fictional character, he was blessed with every bit as much natural insight as, say, Albert Einstein.
                  How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
                  --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Franklin View Post
                    I have been a member of this forum for 5 1/2 years and have had four avatars in that time, including a recent 2-month fling with a lovely young well-endowed lass. Other than her, I have only used variations of the Ben Franklin from the $100 bill. I like such consistently because I see my avatar as my personal identification. If you see the Franklin, you know it's my post. It becomes like a personal brand.

My signatures have usually been quotes from great minds that I respect, like Albert Einstein or Ben Franklin, or great movie characters. For quite some time I used the quote from the movie Snatch: "You shoud never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." That quote will stand the test of time. Although Bullet Tooth Tony is a fictional character, he was blessed with every bit as much natural insight as, say, Albert Einstein.
                    Good to see the real "Franklin" You do really well with Avatars! 4 in 5 1/2 years! I've had 23 already !
                    http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/album.php?albumid=56

Comment

I would also like a avatar that people recognise it's me like the Franklin one,i was thinking about Bob Dylan or Tony Iommi? what do you think best describes me?

Comment

Originally posted by Axeman77 View Post
                        I would also like a avatar that people recognise it's me like the Franklin one,i was thinking about Bob Dylan or Tony Iommi? what do you think best describes me?

Um ... Danger Mouse?
                        My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

Originally posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
                          Um ... Danger Mouse?
                          Ha! I remember when I had that
                          Seriously though I could do that Think I will.

Comment

I like your new avatar. I instantly knew it was you. I agree, that most times I first look at the avatar when reading a thread, and a person changes it, it throws me at first, and I have to think about who is writing the post.

I have been a member here for almost 4 years now, and have had a number of avatars, but usually go back to the good/evil angel. My user name reflects 2 things 1.) My favorite line-up of BS and 2.) The good/evil in me (all of us). I have typically used an avatar that had the H&H band logo, or some sort of depiction of Heaven and Hell (good/evil). My current is my favorite, and I consider it my "classic" look.

My signature has typically been a favorite vocal line. I have left it as "Breaking Into Heaven" as a memorial to RJD and will leave it that way until May of 2011.
                            "I can honestly say its truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

I've got my next few avatars line up.

Comment

Working...
                              X