Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what 's the last movie you saw ( cinema/DVD/TV) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Did you get to see it Maestro? What do you think?
    We ended up not going. Itís going to be this Friday OID. We decided to watch Annabelle and Annabelle Creation just to refresh our memories in the meantime. I forgot how good Annabelle Creation was. I love how they made the ending the beginning of the first film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by maestro View Post
      We ended up not going. It’s going to be this Friday OID. We decided to watch Annabelle and Annabelle Creation just to refresh our memories in the meantime. I forgot how good Annabelle Creation was. I love how they made the ending the beginning of the first film.

Both Annabelle movie were great, especially Annabelle Creation, that had the hair on my neck standing, great movie.

You'll see what I'm talking about with Annabelle Comes Home, totally disappointed.

I don't know if you know this but the movie The Curse of La Llorna, which came out in March 2019, s part of the Conjuring Universe, and a new Conjuring movie is coming out on September 11th 2020, and they also have another Nun movie planned, which I didn't care too much for that one, story and acting wasn't that good.

Also they have a movie planned from the story of The Enfield Haunting, The Crooked Man.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by scorpio 2000 View Post
        Me and the girlfriend went and caught The Prodigy last night. I thought it was pretty good considering I knew how it was going to end. The atmosphere was great and the performance by the kid who played the lead was pretty good too. 7/10
        Thanks for rating this movie Scorpio, I keep seeing it in Walmart I'll have to buy the DVD and check it out.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• Originally posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
          ^^^

We saw Dark Phoenix last week, and while it's not as bad as the reviews suggest it is still quite a poor film. I had so much hope for the X-Men reboot after First Class and Days of Future Past, but Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix have not pushed the franchise forward one bit.

Dark Phoenix is an end to the current X-Men franchise for a few years*, and felt very much like a final throw... kill off a few X-Men... others retire... but without the the style and panache of Avengers: Endgame. It's not terrible and has some good performances but that doesn't make up for a poor script and muddled plot. 6/10

* Fox is now owned by Disney who may incorporate a future reboot into the MCU, but not for at least 5 years I hear. And yes, the upcoming New Mutants and X-Force are in the X-Men universe but that's pretty much where their connections end.
          That's exactly how I felt about the movie. They should have just gone with the Mr.sinister story instead. I gave about a 6.

Comment

Thanks for rating this movie Scorpio, I keep seeing it in Walmart I'll have to buy the DVD and check it out.
            The story line is similar to a famous movie from the mid 70s without giving too much away. You're welcome!

Comment

Saw Annabelle Comes Home today, all I have to say is it sucks, the worst of the Conjuring Franchise and of the Annabelle films.
              I couldn't agree more. I too thought this one was the worst of the Annabelle movies. We're thinking of seeing Midsommer tonight.

Comment

Both Annabelle movie were great, especially Annabelle Creation, that had the hair on my neck standing, great movie.

You'll see what I'm talking about with Annabelle Comes Home, totally disappointed.

I don't know if you know this but the movie The Curse of La Llorna, which came out in March 2019, s part of the Conjuring Universe, and a new Conjuring movie is coming out on September 11th 2020, and they also have another Nun movie planned, which I didn't care too much for that one, story and acting wasn't that good.

Also they have a movie planned from the story of The Enfield Haunting, The Crooked Man.
                I did know all of this. Iím a big horror buff. I didnít like the new Annabelle at all. I just got home Def the worst of the 3. Not quite as bad as the nun. From what I heard. The 3rd conjuring movie may be a werewolf story...

Comment

The story line is similar to a famous movie from the mid 70s without giving too much away. You're welcome!
                  Would that 70's movie be The Possession Of Joel Delaney, with Shirley MacLaine and Perry King?

Comment

I couldn't agree more. I too thought this one was the worst of the Annabelle movies. We're thinking of seeing Midsommer tonight.
                    I have to check out Midsommar also, it's not a my theater yet, I loved Hereditary, great movie, so I'll have to check out Midsommar.

Annabelle was so bad, after I'd left the movie theatre I couldn't even remember what I had watched no memorable parts in the movie, except maybe the part where the Warren's daughter was at the school, and saw the Priest's ghost, I thought he was going to have a more active role in the movie, and what was up with those cheesy black circles around his eyes, that was corny.

Originally posted by maestro View Post
                    I did know all of this. I’m a big horror buff. I didn’t like the new Annabelle at all. I just got home Def the worst of the 3. Not quite as bad as the nun. From what I heard. The 3rd conjuring movie may be a werewolf story...
                    Yeah, the Nun was bad and bad storyline and bad acting from Varmiga's little sister.

Total upset with the Annabelle comes home movie, The Crooked Man is in the making I believe, from The Enfield Haunting, the werewolf story is possible as that was one of their cases.

I hope this is not a case where James Wan movies and spin offs are going to suck, I thought he was really doing a good job with his horror movies.

Lorraine Warren just passed away this last April.

Maestro since you're a horror movie buff and I love 'em, do you recommend any new ones, I just bought Winchester about the house built in California by the Winchester Rifle mogul's widow, I haven't seen it yet, I will let you guys know on here If I liked it.

Comment

• We went and seen Midsommar and talk about a painful movie to sit through, this was bad. As bad as the remake of Susperia. I had such high hopes because I liked Hereditary. 3/10

Comment

• On a bright note me and the girl saw Men In Black international and it was a better movie than the critics would have you believe. The chemistry between Hemsworth and Thompson was great and a good idea to pair them together again. The movie wasn't perfect but I give it a 7/10 score.

Comment

Would that 70's movie be The Possession Of Joel Delaney, with Shirley MacLaine and Perry King?
                          Originally posted by scorpio 2000 View Post
                          We went and seen Midsommar and talk about a painful movie to sit through, this was bad. As bad as the remake of Susperia. I had such high hopes because I liked Hereditary. 3/10
                          Scorpio 2000, don't know if you seen my above quote to your post, was this ^^^ the 70's movie you were talking about?

I was looking forward to seeing Midsomar, it was that bad?

Comment

• Midsommar was torture. We should have walked on it. In regards to the Prodigy, the 70s movie I was referring to was The Omen.

Comment

Midsommar was torture. We should have walked on it. In regards to the Prodigy, the 70s movie I was referring to was The Omen.
                              From reading the movie description on the box, I got a " The Possession Of Joel Delaney" feel from it. Might wait for Midsomar on DVD.

Comment

• Weeks ago I went to watched Toy Story 4 with a friend of mine around Mongkok. Then we had dinner in a restaurant. By the time we finished, the protesters were walking outside..
                                Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                                Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                                In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                                The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Working...
                                X