Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Petoria000 View Post
    No mention of Breaking Bad? Gotta be up there with the best all time
    I agree. And would add Dexter is also missing from the possible votes.
    The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Married With Children is one of the best shows of all time! If you would have had "that 70s show" I would have had to voted for it!
      Life Member of the NRA

Comment

Best comedy: a tough one but laugh for laugh id say the Simpsons. First seven seasons only. Unfortunately It was almost unwatchable after that and i haven't even been able to sit through a full episode in years. Irreverence was replaced with slapstick and they relied on cameos too much. Like the Goddamn Love Boat or something

Best drama: Breaking Bad. Yeah its cliche to name it best ever but it really was an awesome show. Not looking forward to Better call Saul... Im not a fan of prequels

Comment

Star Trek: The Next Generation
          Star Trek: Voyager
          Star Trek
          Star Trek: Enterprise
          Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
          Trailer Park Boys
          Workaholics
          Mantracker
          Breaking Bad

^ Best TV series, in order.
          Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Scruggs View Post
            Star Trek: The Next Generation
            Star Trek: Voyager
            Star Trek
            Star Trek: Enterprise
            Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
            ^ Best TV series, in order.

Awesome - and at last we agree on something

Maybe not the order of, but ST is exceptional in most of its forms.
            Last edited by Thelemech; 02-04-2015, 09:35 AM.
            Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Anyone who hates Star Trek hates intellectual television.

Comment

Anyone who hates Star Trek hates intellectual television.
                Whenever I watch a television show, it's to be entertained and/or amused.
                You need something intellectual?
                Then lets play a game of chess.
                Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

So TV should not be intellectual?

I enjoy meathead TV as well. I listed fucking Workaholics ffs. But I believe that if one cannot also appreciate intellectual television with a relevant philosophical message, then there's something wrong.

Comment

So TV should not be intellectual?

I enjoy meathead TV as well. I listed fucking Workaholics ffs. But I believe that if one cannot also appreciate intellectual television with a relevant philosophical message, then there's something wrong.
                    I guess I was getting a different meaning from your term, "intellectual television".

Although I have not seen a whole lot of Star Trek episodes, (just never found the show
                    to be all that entertaining) there are plenty of other shows that deliver philosophical
                    messages that are not in a si-fi setting.

However, if si-fi is of more interest to you, then check out The Twilight Zone.
                    Some episodes drag a bit, but some others are excellent.

Comment

I don't have an inherent leaning towards sci-fi itself, just the general premise of the show. The fact that Gene Roddenberry imagined humanity in the 23rd and 24th centuries as being not only accepting, but embracing in differences of race (and even species). That humanity has progressed to the point of eliminating poverty, war, hunger, disease and focused all our efforts on bettering ourselves as a people, and accumulating knowledge.

Comment

I don't have an inherent leaning towards sci-fi itself, just the general premise of the show. The fact that Gene Roddenberry imagined humanity in the 23rd and 24th centuries as being not only accepting, but embracing in differences of race (and even species). That humanity has progressed to the point of eliminating poverty, war, hunger, disease and focused all our efforts on bettering ourselves as a people, and accumulating knowledge.
                        That's a nice dream.
                        In the bible they call that heaven - another dream.

Comment

I voted Married With Children . The Beverly Hillbillies is #2.

Comment

Originally posted by Typhon View Post
                            That's a nice dream.
                            In the bible they call that heaven - another dream.
                            It is possible; but only if humanity sheds its ignorance. It will likely take another World War, one that wipes out most of the world's population, but it will happen. Only then will we realize that we need to band together and focus our efforts not on money or commerce, but advancing as a people.

Comment

No Seinfeld or Curb Your Enthusiasm?

Lots of good ones mentioned in the poll, I used to love Tales From The Crypt too.

Voted Twin Peaks cause I love it, but it isn't the greatest show of all time...Married With Children nearly got my vote though

Modern shows I've loved: The Sopranos, Deadwood and Justified.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
                                No Seinfeld or Curb Your Enthusiasm?
                                I've been watching a lot of Seinfeld re-runs lately, that show was genius and hilarious.
                                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                                ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                                X