Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    Stinky Paul is a (are) former member(s)...

Stinky Paul??
    You tried to suppress me
    But nothing holds me down
    Just when you think you're happy
    I come around

Comment

• Ron Paul/Foul Stench
      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
      Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

I hate the flu...

I have it now, but at least I'm missing school, tutoring, 2 hour after school theatre practice, and jazz band auditions. Maybe not the flu, but its something. I just feel a little bad, have a slight fever, and stomach ache that has gotten a lot better. Nothing else. I ended up leaving school early today.
        You tried to suppress me
        I come around

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
          I have it now, but at least I'm missing school, tutoring, 2 hour after school theatre practice, and jazz band auditions. Maybe not the flu, but its something. I just feel a little bad, have a slight fever, and stomach ache that has gotten a lot better. Nothing else. I ended up leaving school early today.
          Good for you Check if you still can't join the jazz band, though. As a drummer that practice will be invaluable for you.
          95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

Good for you Check if you still can't join the jazz band, though. As a drummer that practice will be invaluable for you.

Drummer? I'm a guitarist mainly. I "play drums" because I have to for band. I actually play cymbals, I'm so bad I never get snare parts for anything.

Concert band: auxiliary percussion, used to get drum parts, now, if I do, it's bass drum
            My own musical project: Guitar, vocals, sort of bass, sort of drums
            Marching band: cymbals
            Jazz band: I will audition on guitar.

The main things I do are play guitar, write and record songs, and sing. I sing in a Quorthon style voice, but it dosen't sound very good.
            You tried to suppress me
            I come around

Comment

I can, it dosen't start for two weeks. Now's just auditions...

I don't know if I really have the flu, it's probably a stomach virus. I didn't throw up, though, my stomach hurt very bad, and I had a fever and I felt like shit all day yesterday. I tried to make it through marching band practice, but after that, I had my parents take me home. Now I'm fine. I'm just not at school.

Want to hear my schools sexist dress code:

Girls:

Dresses, pants, and skirts must be no more than three inches above the knee
              No t shirts
              Straps must be at least two inches wide

Boys:

Belts must be worn, but only if the pants have belt loops
              No athletic shorts (completely understandable)
              No t shirts
              Shirts must be collared
              No skirts or dresses
              Hair must not be below the collar
              No tying hair back
              Hair must be well kept
              No radical hairstyles
              Pants must fit and be in good repair

In middle school, some boy and girl got in trouble for holding hands- it sets a bad example to little kids.

I can't stand these rules.
              You tried to suppress me
              I come around

Comment

Drummer? I'm a guitarist mainly. I "play drums" because I have to for band. I actually play cymbals, I'm so bad I never get snare parts for anything.

Concert band: auxiliary percussion, used to get drum parts, now, if I do, it's bass drum
                My own musical project: Guitar, vocals, sort of bass, sort of drums
                Marching band: cymbals
                Jazz band: I will audition on guitar.

The main things I do are play guitar, write and record songs, and sing. I sing in a Quorthon style voice, but it dosen't sound very good.
                Ok, just remembered you talking about playing the drums in a marching band, so just assumed.
                Well, guitarists are well off learning some Jazz too ;-)
                And playing several instruments is a huge advantage, so i would recommend you put some effort into the drums too (if you bother, focus on the guitar if you feel that's where you belong), even if it's only simple (no such thing, everything must be done with skills) percussion, give it your best and take/learn what you can from it. Your teachers might be dickheads, but the knowledge they have to offer is valuable. And then you'll have a better stance when you're bashing Metal in your free time.
                Also, as a guitarist it'll help you play along with other drummers better the better you play the drums yourself (that goes for every instrument).
                Last edited by Billy Underdog; 09-30-2015, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• My random thought of the day: Some men who are losing their hair wear toupees. Not a lot, but some. Yet never in my life have I ever seen a store where they sell toupees. Where do these bald men get their toupees?
                  How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
                  --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by Franklin View Post
                    My random thought of the day: Some men who are losing their hair wear toupees. Not a lot, but some. Yet never in my life have I ever seen a store where they sell toupees. Where do these bald men get their toupees?
                    They scalp people who ask too many questions. Judging by your pic you should know...

Comment

Ok, just remembered you talking about playing the drums in a marching band, so just assumed.
                      Well, guitarists are well off learning some Jazz too ;-)
                      And playing several instruments is a huge advantage, so i would recommend you put some effort into the drums too (if you bother, focus on the guitar if you feel that's where you belong), even if it's only simple (no such thing, everything must be done with skills) percussion, give it your best and take/learn what you can from it. Your teachers might be dickheads, but the knowledge they have to offer is valuable. And then you'll have a better stance when you're bashing Metal in your free time.
                      Also, as a guitarist it'll help you play along with other drummers better the better you play the drums yourself (that goes for every instrument).

Bashing metal? Please tell me you don't mean I'm insulting metal. I fucking love metal. I actually really want to get better at drums. I'm not very good at rhythms, on any instrument. In guessing you meant playing metal, right?
                      You tried to suppress me
                      I come around

Comment

• Random Question: I need some advice on writing lyrics. I'm writing black metal, I can write a few decent riffs, but lyrics...
                        I'm trying not to write Satan Satan Satan, or Forrest Forrest Forrest, or Cold Cold Cold...
                        That gets very annoying. Th jelly things I can come up with go like this:

Forever under a black sky:

The sky is black
                        The storm it grows
                        Evil death
                        Hell chaos.

In eternity I wonder
                        Why the sky is so black

Forever
                        Under a black sky
                        Ahhh!
                        Forever
                        Under a full moon

The voice of darkness
                        Satan's triumph
                        Forever darkness
                        Hail Satan!

My lyrics sound like utter poseur black metal Satanist crap. Very cliche, stupid, and annoying. They aren't intellectual at all. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach writing black metal lyrics?
                        I usually write lyrics before anything else, so I don't feel confined to a specific pattern.
                        You tried to suppress me
                        I come around

Comment

Random Question: I need some advice on writing lyrics. I'm writing black metal, I can write a few decent riffs, but lyrics...
                          I'm trying not to write Satan Satan Satan, or Forrest Forrest Forrest, or Cold Cold Cold...
                          That gets very annoying. Th jelly things I can come up with go like this:

Forever under a black sky:

The sky is black
                          The storm it grows
                          Evil death
                          Hell chaos.

In eternity I wonder
                          Why the sky is so black

Forever
                          Under a black sky
                          Ahhh!
                          Forever
                          Under a full moon

The voice of darkness
                          Satan's triumph
                          Forever darkness
                          Hail Satan!

My lyrics sound like utter poseur black metal Satanist crap. Very cliche, stupid, and annoying. They aren't intellectual at all. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach writing black metal lyrics?
                          I usually write lyrics before anything else, so I don't feel confined to a specific pattern.
                          Speaking from my own experience; having started writing lyrics at the age of 14-15, there was alot of "Blood & Satan" for me too. Learning to write good lyrics take years (if you're lucky enough to be one of the few naturals), esp. when starting at such a young age. You say you don't want to do "Satan Satan Satan, or Forrest Forrest Forrest, or Cold Cold Cold". Well, that's all those lyrics were.

Focus on yourself, what really makes your feelings of hatred tick? What frustrates you, what do you dread? The coldness of todays society is always a good topic.
                          And at your age, the next 5-10 years you'll get more than enough subjectmatters to delve into if your going that path...
                          Main thing; Write LOTS, even how crappy x % of it is. Practise makes the master.

Comment

Speaking from my own experience; having started writing lyrics at the age of 14-15, there was alot of "Blood & Satan" for me too. Learning to write good lyrics take years (if you're lucky enough to be one of the few naturals), esp. when starting at such a young age. You say you don't want to do "Satan Satan Satan, or Forrest Forrest Forrest, or Cold Cold Cold". Well, that's all those lyrics were.

Focus on yourself, what really makes your feelings of hatred tick? What frustrates you, what do you dread? The coldness of todays society is always a good topic.
                            And at your age, the next 5-10 years you'll get more than enough subjectmatters to delve into if your going that path...
                            Main thing; Write LOTS, even how crappy x % of it is. Practise makes the master.

I know, half of my lyrics are stories of meeting Satanan in a dark, cold, wintery forest. I don't want to write about that kind of stuff, it's hard to avoid.
                            You tried to suppress me
                            I come around

Comment

• I meant to say Satan. Sorry. Now that I've missed two and a half days of school, I have two and a half school day's worth of of homework and make up work to do, which I am not really doing. I guess I will do a little. I could have done it, whenever I'm sick, I just go about my day as normal. Write lyrics, listen to music, eat, watch television, play guitar, sing, record, post on Black Sabbath Online. It's not like I stay in bed just because I'm sick. That would be a complete waste of valuable time. I know a lot of my classmates' parents force them to stay in bed whenever their sick. That's not fair, in my opinion.

Having the flu on a school day is awesome. It sucks on the weekend or during summer, as you miss nothing bad.
                              You tried to suppress me
                              I come around

Comment

• Also, now that I've missed 3 days worth of theatre rehearsals, I've only been to one real rehearsal, and the play is tomorrow. Technically today, because it is after midnight. I have no clue what to do for the play. I'm playing someone who is in a coma, but it's hard to fake a coma, especially when people are laughing at you, yelling at you, grabbing you, lifting you, and dragging you around. Hopefully, school (and therefore the play) will be canceled tomorrow, because there is some pretty severe weather threatening Virginia right now. Hurricane Joaquin is coming, and this is coinciding with some powerful storms from the north. It's been raining for the past week, it's raining now, and it's very windy. It flooded a little in my neighborhood last night, and there is a big flood hazard with this storm. I'm hoping they cancel school because this kind of weather is very dangerous.

I'm quite sure that the performance Saturday will be cancelled due to severe weather, though.
                                You tried to suppress me
                                I come around

Comment

Working...
                                X