No announcement yet.

Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Undredog, I think I know what "Ųstenfor sol og vestenfor måne, " mean. To the east from the Sun and to the west from the Moon.
    Je morderai et glifflerai tout le monde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freeyyaa Skogkatt View Post
      Billy Undredog, I think I know what "Ųstenfor sol og vestenfor måne, " mean. To the east from the Sun and to the west from the Moon.
      That's exactly right. It's from several Norwegian fairytales, most notably Kvitebjųrn kong Valemon (Whitebear King Valemon), which ties up with the ancient folktales of Cupid and Psyche and The Beauty and The Beast, and is a place that's supposed to be impossible to find. Like the Soria Moria castle.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_o...st_of_the_Moon
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soria_Moria_Castle

A small digression; the most used fairytale figure in Norway is Askeladden (the ash lad), the youngest of three brothers who's a good for nothing, a true underdog ;-) who accomplish a great feat (like killing a Troll or saving the day for the king), winning the princess and half the kingdom.

Coincidentally, i'm the youngest of three siblings...
      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
      Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Getting a little cold, so I'm eating a bowl of noodles in broth - pho, for those who know their Vietnamese cuisine.

Comment

• Fuck my life I'm in agony.
          You tried to suppress me
          But nothing holds me down
          Just when you think you're happy
          I come around

Comment

• Man, you know it's cold outside when you go outside and it's cold.
            "I've seen the future and I've left it behind"

Comment

• Rot in hell Charlie you and the rest of your hippy freak followers, hopefully Leslie Van Houten will soon follow you to the depths of hell!!!!!
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Charlie don't surf, that's for sure... OID; you know so little about hippies you even spell it wrong...
                95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
                  Fuck my life I'm in agony.
                  What's up IW?

Comment

• Originally posted by turch118 View Post
                    What's up IW?
                    Lol at my post. I had to march in a parade (I do marching band-bass drum), and I had just sat down in the bus after carrying around the drum for two hours. Worst I've ever felt.

In the future, I will eat and drink some water before something like that.
                    You tried to suppress me
                    But nothing holds me down
                    Just when you think you're happy
                    I come around

Comment

• A Very Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!! May we all have plenty to eat and drink, and lets not forget those who don't and are less fortunate than us, pray for them and be giving this Christmas Season.
                      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
                        Lol at my post. I had to march in a parade (I do marching band-bass drum), and I had just sat down in the bus after carrying around the drum for two hours. Worst I've ever felt.

In the future, I will eat and drink some water before something like that.
                        Been there, done that. And i know exactly how crappy it is. In Norway we celebrate the constitution day May 17th, parading in uniform from 7 in the morning, 'till long into the afternoon. Either way too cold or way too hot.
                        Gave me such a distaste that i haven't been outside celebrating since i quit marching bands at 15. When i played in one again a few years ago i quit a month or so before.
                        Well, i've been outside on the 17th once since then, having been on a drunken speed bender for four days straight, looking for more speed. So i can't really count that one...

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                        A Very Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!
                        Yaaayy, let's celebrate the slaughter of the native Americans!

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                          Been there, done that. And i know exactly how crappy it is. In Norway we celebrate the constitution day May 17th, parading in uniform from 7 in the morning, 'till long into the afternoon. Either way too cold or way too hot.
                          Gave me such a distaste that i haven't been outside celebrating since i quit marching bands at 15. When i played in one again a few years ago i quit a month or so before.
                          Well, i've been outside on the 17th once since then, having been on a drunken speed bender for four days straight, looking for more speed. So i can't really count that one...

Yaaayy, let's celebrate the slaughter of the native Americans!
                          Billy please don’t go there, a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, open your heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                            Billy please don’t go there, a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, open your heart.
                            I just did
                            Do you know what the pre-American christian celebration was?
                            Giving thanks for the harvest is ofcourse alot older, probably stemming from the bronze age and the worship of the sun, but might be as old as agriculture itself (which varies from 6-12.000 yrs ago, depending on the placement on the eurasian continent).

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I don't really have anything to be thankful for but I'm sure other people do...

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
                                Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I don't really have anything to be thankful for but I'm sure other people do...
                                Happy Thanksgiving to you Charger.

Comment

Working...
                                X