Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    'Scuse me while i kiss this guy...
    My mind is bacon but my body Sizzl-lean. (Double Vision by Foreigner)

Comment

• Originally posted by turch118 View Post
      My mind is bacon but my body Sizzl-lean. (Double Vision by Foreigner)
      My daughter heard "Blinded By the Light" for the first time last week.

"Revved up like a WHAT???"

Comment

• There's other places on the net these things could be talked about, though... Or guess what?

The ants are my friends, they're blowing in the wind...
        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
        Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death:
          Treat your life, for what it's worth, and live for every breath

-- Black Sabbath, "A National Acrobat"

Comment

• Last night I was spinning an acetate I have of REO Speedwagon's single Time for Me to Fly. It's only been played once or twice, so the sound quality was fantastic. It got me to thinking though. Is the song about a man trying to catch a plane, or maybe he's singing it from the perspective of a bird? Or maybe it's a metaphor with hidden meaning if you are capable of picking up the clues?
            gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

• I'm so vain, the song is about *me*.

Comment

• Originally posted by zzzptm View Post
                I'm so vain, the song is about *me*.
                Hey Z, I like that Carly Simon song, I’m glad you brought it up, isn’t it suppose to be about Warren Beatty.
                Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 02-15-2018, 06:39 PM.
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                  Hey Z, I like that Carly Simon song, I’m glad you brought it up, isn’t it suppose to be about Warren Beatty.
                  That's what people say. But when I first listened to it, I was like 11 or 12, I really did think the song was about me. Blew my mind, like Carly Simon was some kind of mental magic practitioner.

Comment

• Originally posted by zzzptm View Post
                    That's what people say. But when I first listened to it, I was like 11 or 12, I really did think the song was about me. Blew my mind, like Carly Simon was some kind of mental magic practitioner.
                    Carly Simon states the song is about three men, not just one.

Mick Jagger contributed backing vocals to the song.

I’ve always liked this song, but I never thought it was about me, don’t ya, don’t ya?
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Carly Simon had great lips

Comment

• Was listening to some surfer rock... and then I wondered, "hey don't surfers want to *avoid* rocks?"

Comment

• Everything is peaceful and civilized again \m/

Comment

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
                            Everything is peaceful and civilized again \m/
                            Amen to that!!

Comment

• Going to address this once, and that's all. For about a month I have been communicating in PM with several of the most recent posters in this thread, as an ongoing attempt to bridge what has become a huge divide here. I have heard opinions from all sides, and many of them had merit. This is Joe's forum, and he has ruled accordingly. In the 14 years that I have moderated these pages, there have been a few instances where a member or members decide they dont like it here anymore, and create their own site for Sabbath discussion. And regardless of what becomes of each of these fledgling ventures, the results have never changed what we are to the Black Sabbath community. Black-Sabbath.com continues to be THE universal source for the latest and best in authentic Black Sabbath news, updates, and talk. We have been granted unfettered access to the band in a myriad of ways. Joe runs the professional websites for two original members, I have interviewed the band and produced exclusive video content for this website, including the final-ever concert performed by Ronnie James Dio and the first interview with Tony Iommi on the day his autobiography went on sale State-side. The band and its members, past and present, consider us to be a trusted ally, because we are genuine fans.

The forum we provide is for genuine fans. First and foremost. As a genuine fan, you don't have to like other genuine fans here, but the fact that your love of Black Sabbath brought you both here to begin with should be in your peripheral thoughts when you decide to contribute. If you find another place to talk about the music you love, fine. If you create one yourself, also fine. We have even tolerated signature links to these sites at times. But if you are a member here, and choose to trash our forums, while promoting your own venture in the same post, you make the decision very easy for us. I do not like banning people, especially if they are genuine Black Sabbath fans, as the above are without a doubt in my mind. But after all of the mediation and time I have invested to address and resolve their discord here, their latest actions leave us no other choice. We wish them well.
                              Last edited by Damian; 02-20-2018, 08:19 AM.
                              Damian
                              Super Moderator
                              Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Damian View Post
                                We have even tolerated signature links to these sites at times.
                                I haven't. If I see one, I'll remove it. I don't want links to competing forums that were built off the back of what was done here. You don't like it here and want to go? Fine. that's your choice. But don't try and poach my crowd in the process.
                                Last edited by Joe Siegler; 02-20-2018, 10:59 AM.
                                Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                                View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Working...
                                X