Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Franklin View Post
    OK, I posted something then checked and it was completely wrong. Now I'll be up all night wondering what the right answer was.
    Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Scruggs View Post
    What was it that you supposedly got wrong? Lol.
    Originally posted by Franklin View Post
    Someone wrote Iron Wizard was one of the youngest if not the youngest member of this forum.
    And I remembered there was this young guy, also around 14, who was into prog and he and I used to discuss it frequently. I thought it was Axe Fiend, but I checked his profile and he's around 45. Can't remember who it was.
    Buffalo Bill, you were around 16 or 17 when you started here, right? I feel like I've seen you grow up before my very eyes. :-)
    I figured it out. It was Axeman77. Last activity 6/27/2013. He managed a pretty high number of posts in his 3 short years here. Not quite Iron Wizard's rabbit pace, but still impressive.
    How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Wrong again. Axeman77 was the Bob Dylan nut.
      So who was the kid who liked prog rock?
      Losing my mind, I am.
      (Did you notice the Yoda-speak, in anticipation of the new Star Wars movie?)
      How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
      --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Josef K...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sin Cardinal Sin View Post
          Josef K...
          I think you got it. Nice job!
          --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• All this scrolling through the member list (you can rank them by # of posts, increasing the chance of finding regular members), I came across another younger former member, and also one of the few regular female participants here, Ozzy's Grrrl.
            According to her profile, she's 27 now so she was 17 back in the day. She and I used to talk about her musical ambitions and, alas, one day she packed up to pursue her musical dreams. Hope she's doing well.

And did Buffalo Bill really say he was turning 26 in May.

Geez, I'm getting old fast.
            --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• I remember Ozzy's Grrrl! She was pretty cool. A lot of people have came and gone over the years on these boards.
              Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

Comment

• I believe I had 100 posts by the end of my second day here.
                You tried to suppress me
                But nothing holds me down
                Just when you think you're happy
                I come around

Comment

Wrong again. Axeman77 was the Bob Dylan nut.
                  So who was the kid who liked prog rock?
                  Losing my mind, I am.
                  (Did you notice the Yoda-speak, in anticipation of the new Star Wars movie?)
                  Could the guy you're thinking about be Musicman11? Don't remember him talking much prog, bet he was very young when he was still around...
                  95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                  Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                    Could the guy you're thinking about be Musicman11? Don't remember him talking much prog, bet he was very young when he was still around...
                    No, Billy. Sinny figured it out. It was Josef K. (Post #693 above)
                    --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

No, Billy. Sinny figured it out. It was Josef K. (Post #693 above)
                      As you were on to Axe Fiend and Axeman77, i somehow took it that you were talking about someone who plays the guitar. JK was a keayboardist. But yeah, great guy. Cool avatar of the Peter The Great statue.
                      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                      Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• I remember he was into some new and fairly innovative prog even if I didn't dig his tastes. I hope he hasn't killed himself or anything, he seemed quite disillusioned with it all, though he's not the only one.

Comment

• That is a big age group for suicide. I doubt it, though. I have thought about it before...
                          You tried to suppress me
                          I come around

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
                            That is a big age group for suicide. I doubt it, though. I have thought about it before...
                            Well given the sewer that most of society is, it's always a tempting idea, unless of course you can wipe them out instead. The comment about the other member was mostly in jest anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sin Cardinal Sin View Post
                              Well given the sewer that most of society is, it's always a tempting idea, unless of course you can wipe them out instead. The comment about the other member was mostly in jest anyway.
                              There seem to be a lot of "dead" profiles here, as in profiles that re not being used.

I'm very excited, tomorrow is the last day before Winter break. It's a half day, and we don't do anything.
                              You tried to suppress me
                              I come around

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
                                There seem to be a lot of "dead" profiles here, as in profiles that re not being used.

I'm very excited, tomorrow is the last day before Winter break. It's a half day, and we don't do anything.
                                I know the feeling. Or atleast I did, it was some time ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X