Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sicko FanAtic View Post
    Occasionally people avoid directly insulting other people by using thinly veiled aphorisms that are tangentially related to their true thoughts.
    Brother Sicko, my post was not directed at you, may God strike me dead if it is.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Occasionally people avoid directly insulting other people by using thinly veiled aphorisms that are tangentially related to their true thoughts.
      Neither of my posts were or are.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
        Neither of my posts were or are.
        All good, I was just spouting off a random thought.
        You bought and sold me with your lying words.
        Phil, your head's all full of lice!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
          Where does a still born baby go?
          Heaven or hell?
          No chance to develop a personality to send him to either I guess
          Then will he be as an adult or foetus when he arrives there?

This is similar to the concept of stillbirth, but, I'm wondering where aborted babies go. Do they bury or cremate them, or do they just dispose of them? It's kind of disturbing to think about. I saw a bunch of graphic pictures of aborted babies. I don't know where babies go spiritually. I believe in spirits, not a god, but spirits and energies.
          If the baby is just an embryo when he dies, (by the way, Embryo is a really underrated Sabbath song, I guess because it's so short), then, back to the main topic, the he may or not have some sort of spiritual energy.
          Now, a fetus a a few weeks from birth may have some form of spirit, but probably not as strong as one of an adult.

I'm not talking about "souls," I'm just talking about life energy of some point.
          Conciousness may be related to this force.

Another cause of consciousness may be the sheer complexity of the human brain. There is so much signalling coming on, that, it could create a spirit. I don't believe in Heaven or Hell, but I believe in something, whether it's a void, reincarnation, or, yes, Hell. I know I said I didn't believe in it, but that's in a Christian sense. I'm talking about more of a Pagan idea of an afterlife.
          You tried to suppress me
          But nothing holds me down
          Just when you think you're happy
          I come around

Comment

Crunchy corpses in my coffee cup.

Comment

Those dead babies go to China, then they sell them back to us.

Comment

All good, I was just spouting off a random thought.
                Cool Sicko, those posts were directed at people surrounding my daily life, people who act like they're do gooders, when actually they're wolves in sheep's clothing, people who'll slit your throat from ear to ear, first chance they get, people I have to work with.

I guess its just me venting these random thoughts to alleviate the tensions and pressure of daily work life.

Comment

The stability of the universe is only temporary.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
                    Where does a still born baby go?
                    Heaven or hell?
                    No chance to develop a personality to send him to either I guess
                    Then will he be as an adult or foetus when he arrives there?
                    Assuming there IS an afterlife (which ofcourse there isn't ), according to the Church's teachings (note: not Christian), due to the concept if Original Sin, anything un-baptized would go to hell...
                    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                      Assuming there IS an afterlife (which ofcourse there isn't ), according to the Church's teachings (note: not Christian), due to the concept if Original Sin, anything un-baptized would go to hell...
                      As a little Catholic boy, I was told that babies, developmentally disabled individuals (that's not what we called them then, but, you know what I mean) and people born in the wrong cultures (middle east, china, etc.) all go to Limbo, not the game where the stick is lowered each time, but a physical space, this sort of spiritual no-man's land. How surprised I was to read:

"Limbo was never a definite doctrine of the Catholic Church. It was kind of a theological theory having to do with the fate of the unbaptized," Father Colacino said.

The notion of limbo was developed when early theologians attempted to come to grips with the Gospel of John, which basically said anyone not born of water in the Holy Spirit could not enter the kingdom of heaven, Father Hart said.

- See more at: http://www.catholiccourier.com/in-de....YRH9eWuR.dpuf

Comment

• ^^^ Yup, limbo is another one of those unnecessary (false?) afterthoughts...
                        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sicko FanAtic View Post
                          Crunchy corpses in my coffee cup.
                          Crunchy? At least they have a nice texture to them!
                          You tried to suppress me
                          I come around

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                            ^^^ Yup, limbo is another one of those unnecessary (false?) afterthoughts...
                            Isn't Limbo waiting to go to Hell or Heaven?
                            I'd personally rather go to Hell, if it is real.

What Hell might look like:

Satan
                            Cold fire
                            Ice
                            Metal
                            Black metal
                            Corpse paint

If Hell is where the fun people go, then shouldn't it be fun like that.

Heaven:

Clouds
                            Angels
                            Golden streets

I think I might just want to die when I get older, though.
                            You tried to suppress me
                            I come around

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
                              Isn't Limbo waiting to go to Hell or Heaven?
                              As Sicko said, there's no set doctrine on it, some believe you'll stay in limbo forever, some believe you'll get to heaven when you've been in limbo long enough to've paid for your sins (of not being baptized ). If you've been so evil you'll go to hell, you'll go straight to hell, you can't keep away from the punishment by staying in limbo. Otherwise, where's the scaremongering propaganda..?

Comment

• Can any event truly be called "random"? A twenty sided die, weighted perfectly, gives you a 5% chance for each number (ideally). But the number that comes out actually has a 100% chance, based on the way the dice is thrown, what angle it starts at, the friction of the rolling surface, air resistance, force of the throw, probably countless other factors. An inability to calculate all of the factors does not mean that the roll is up to "chance".

The quotes are there because it may depend on how chance is defined. Maybe any event that is impossible to predict to a certain baseline percentage of accuracy (maybe 75% or some other arbitrary number), simply because there are too many factors to consider, is called chance?

Comment

Working...
                                X