Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
    I have a random thought question. I was browsing the internet today, and I got a warning saying that "Your Kindle Fire has downloaded a dangerous virus from browsing "adult" sites." It seems awfully specific to be real, so is it a scam? It also opened a tab with an antivirus advertisement. I really hope this is a scam, and not a real virus, as I really don't want a virus on my Kindle. Do you think this is serious? Are there malware programs that read your data to try to scare you into buying their product or something?
    It sounds like a scam to me IW - I fix computers as a side job for extra cash - but I am not really familiar with the Kindle.
    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
      It sounds like a scam to me IW - I fix computers as a side job for extra cash - but I am not really familiar with the Kindle.

I don't even know if there are many kindle viruses. It dosen't really matter, it might just make it glitch or something. I'd just rather not have my parents see anything about "adult sites." That's really my main concern.
      I just don't like the whole amazon cloud thing, it gives no sense of privacy, because so much gets shared around.
      You tried to suppress me
      But nothing holds me down
      Just when you think you're happy
      I come around

Comment

I have a random thought question. I was browsing the internet today, and I got a warning saying that "Your Kindle Fire has downloaded a dangerous virus from browsing "adult" sites." It seems awfully specific to be real, so is it a scam? It also opened a tab with an antivirus advertisement. I really hope this is a scam, and not a real virus, as I really don't want a virus on my Kindle. Do you think this is serious? Are there malware programs that read your data to try to scare you into buying their product or something?
        DO NOT click on the advertisement.
        You may want to clear your cookies history. Click the "Web"
        button at the bottom of the screen and choose "Settings".
        Scroll down and select "Clear Cookie Data".
        Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Typhon View Post
          DO NOT click on the advertisement.
          You may want to clear your cookies history. Click the "Web"
          button at the bottom of the screen and choose "Settings".
          Scroll down and select "Clear Cookie Data".

I did that, I cleared all of my browsing data, nothing seems to be really going wrong. Now spyware can't track the data that was cleared, too, so that's a plus as well.
          You tried to suppress me
          I come around

Comment

• Do vampires fart?
            Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

• Originally posted by EDTRADER View Post
              Do vampires fart?
              Only when they've eat garlic...
              95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
              Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Black Sabbath Online's making me late for work. Again
                95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                  Black Sabbath Online's making me late for work. Again
                  ...you had better get your butt in gear my Sabbath bro (just looking out for ya!!)
                  Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Black Sabbath Online made me put my biology homework off until two A.M. It's 2:16 am and I haven't finished yet.
                    In biology, our teacher mad us draw seashells while listening to reggae music. I'm doing my homework to black metal right now. Sitting here listening to black metal is better than drawing seashells to reggae. I usually have my kindle on all day at school so I can post, but then my history teacher can read my posts. I just stay off of the drugs thread.
                    Last edited by Iron Wizard; 09-21-2015, 01:37 AM.
                    You tried to suppress me
                    I come around

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                      ...you had better get your butt in gear my Sabbath bro (just looking out for ya!!)
                      Straight outa the door soon. Just gotta roll me a joint first

i-Wiz; try some Dub instead if Reggae isn't right you...

Comment

Straight outa the door soon. Just gotta roll me a joint first

i-Wiz; try some Dub instead if Reggae isn't right you...

My musical taste is nothing but heavy metal. I know I sound close-minded, but I really only like heavy metal.
                        Dubstep dosen't appeal to me. Neither does reggae. I don't like reggae because it is too happy, too cut off from the actual condition of the world, and I just like anything electronic music. I like a little ambeint, though.
                        You tried to suppress me
                        I come around

Comment

• Is a pig's pussy pork???

Comment

Dubstep dosen't appeal to me. Neither does reggae. I don't like reggae because it is too happy, too cut off from the actual condition of the world, and I just like anything electronic music. I like a little ambeint, though.
                            Whoa, whoa, whoa.... Who mentioned Dubstep? This is neither that, or Reggae. Dubstep (by which i guess you mean Shrillex's pop "Brostep"-version of) is Dubbed two-step, a reggae/punk-related movement in U.K. in the 80's.
                            Dubbed in this sence was what this guy Lee Scratch Perry was doing to these Ska and Reggae-bands in the 60's (he was the one who "discovered" Marley before he was brought to England to become international), he used the studio as an instrument, cutting and echoing the musichians after his own will. A production method that highly inspired Martin on Sgt. Peppers and most others of his "psychadellic" peers, everything electronic made music, and most of all, in essence was the beginning of the DJ-culture... Like it or not, but don't poo on that egacy. Check out the whole album; Panic In Babylon; it's got some of his most poppy raggae and some of his dubbest Dub. courtesly of Mad Professor.

Panic in Babylon is not a happy album, though the beat might sound happy...
                            Last edited by Billy Underdog; 09-22-2015, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Whoa, whoa, whoa.... Who mentioned Dubstep? This is neither that, or Reggae. Dubstep (by which i guess you mean Shrillex's pop "Brostep"-version of) is Dubbed two-step, a reggae/punk-related movement in U.K. in the 80's.
                              Dubbed in this sence was what this guy Lee Scratch Perry was doing to these Ska and Reggae-bands in the 60's (he was the one who "discovered" Marley before he was brought to England to become international), he used the studio as an instrument, cutting and echoing the musichians after his own will. A production method that highly inspired Martin on Sgt. Peppers and most others of his "psychadellic" peers, everything electronic made music, and most of all, in essence was the beginning of the DJ-culture... Like it or not, but don't poo on that egacy. Check out the whole album; Panic In Babylon; it's got some of his most poppy raggae and some of his dubbest Dub. courtesly of Mad Professor.

Panic in Babylon is not a happy album, though the beat might sound happy...

So dub is not dubstep... I can not see the video, the school uses a web filter. At home, I can. I could not tell, so I assumed.
                              You tried to suppress me
                              I come around

Comment

My musical taste is nothing but heavy metal. I know I sound close-minded, but I really only like heavy metal.
                                You will eventually grow out of this. I used to be "all metal all the time" too, but with age comes wisdom... and that means eventually branching out and realizing that every genre of music has a lot to offer.
                                Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

Comment

Working...
                                X