Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Billy Underdog
    If you knew anything about the religion you claim to believe in, you'd know that the church put their holidays to the so-called "pagan" holidays to more easily convince (and in some cases force) people to convert.
    The fact that a person who believe in the bible also believe that Jesus was born in the winter is contradictory, sheep don't get lambs in the wintertime, not even in Palestine.
    Either way, there's only one divinity, and it's almighty, hence all religions is an expression of it.
    As i'm religious i prefer to celebrate the middle of the year the way it was meant, the joy of the divine sun turning, and not believe in the lies of an unreligious organization with greedy self-interests...

    P&L, buddy
    Don’t believe everything you hear, read and watch Silly Billy.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
      This is the Christmas thread Silly Billy, you have your own yuletide pagan thread.
      Actually, the thread name says happy holidays. And petty name-calling just make you seem... Well, i'll just leave it at that.
      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
      Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
        Actually, the thread name says happy holidays. And petty name-calling just make you seem... Well, i'll just leave it at that.
        Happy Holidays yes as in the New Year festivities, I’m not name calling anything or anyone, Yuletide is pagan.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
          Happy Holidays yes as in the New Year festivities
          Did you ask Thel specifically if that's what he meant when he created the thread?

          Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
          I’m not name calling anything or anyone, Yuletide is pagan.
          I was referring to the continuous use of Silly Billy.

          This, people, is called spoon-feeding...
          95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
          Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

          Comment


          • #20
            Jethro Tull included "Ring Out Solstice Bells" on their Christmas Album, so it's legit as far as I'm concerned.



            And I'll be wishing you all a Merry Christmas on top of that!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
              Did you ask Thel specifically if that's what he meant when he created the thread?



              I was referring to the continuous use of Silly Billy.

              This, people, is called spoon-feeding...
              I’m sorry you took it as name calling Billy, I meant it in a friendly way, not calling you names.

              I wouldn’t do that.
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

              Comment


              • #22
                And back on topic...
                95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

                Comment


                • #23
                  Merry and jolly christmas to everyone....

                  Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate that...

                  And happy solstice to who like to celebrate the darkness....like me...

                  Christmas is not a happy time for us lonely people, but I'll have my cigar and my Blanton's so I'll squeeze by...again...how many more though? Not many me thinks...not many.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Merry Christmas and a happy New year to you too brother. You are one of the coolest people on here.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to each and everyone of you and yours.
                      Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by zzzptm View Post
                        Jethro Tull included "Ring Out Solstice Bells" on their Christmas Album, so it's legit as far as I'm concerned.



                        And I'll be wishing you all a Merry Christmas on top of that!
                        LOVE LOVE This song - the ultimate Rock Christmas song!!
                        Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          A Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
                          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                          ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Had to do some more reading on the whole origin of the Christmas Tree... although ancient peoples had greenery for winter festivals, an entire tree wasn't part of the picture.

                            Tallinn, Estonia claims the first tree, in 1441. Riga, Latvia has a rival claim, 1510. In both cases, they claim to be the first town to actually go out, get a tree, then prop it up in the town square during the wintertime. There was another tree written about in Freiburg, Germany, but that one might have been a year-round sort of thing to advertise the wares of the local bakers. As for the 1510 tree, it was actually brought in to celebrate the Solstice - but done by Christians. Specifically, a merchants' guild doing a sort of civic "giving back" sort of thing. The Tallinn tree was brought in for a dance.

                            And while these are the first written records, it is clear that the tradition of trees may have predated them by decades, rather than centuries. So, the tree is a phenomenon that emerged from Christian Europe, but not necessarily for Christmas itself. Instead, the things merged over time.

                            One story that I rather liked came from Bremen in 1570. The town tree was decorated with nuts, breads, fruits, and other yummy things and the poor were allowed to gather the presents on the tree before the dance started. We could do with a bit more community spirit like that.

                            Link to kick off your research, should you be interested: http://www.medievalists.net/2014/12/...hristmas-tree/

                            And, for those who enjoyed the Jethro Tull, here's another:



                            Tull is an excellent cold-weather band, that's for certain! Their 2003 Christmas Album is one of my favorites. Enjoy!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I just wanna wish everybody here a great time and, if applicable, a good end and a good start and simply all the best, no matter if they are religious and in what way or if they are pagans or atheists.

                              Many people I know (incl. Christian people) don't have a great time at Christmas, for many reasons (bad family relations and loneliness being one of the most prominent causes). We should also not forget about those who are suffering from war, violence. hunger or bondage.

                              Personally I don't care about Christmas; for me there's more magic in the end of the old year and start of a new one, but then again it depends on what calendar you follow of course.

                              Anyway, all the best for all of you and your loved ones.


                              Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                              If you knew anything about the religion you claim to believe in, you'd know that the church put their holidays to the so-called "pagan" holidays to more easily convince (and in some cases force) people to convert.
                              The fact that a person who believe in the bible also believe that Jesus was born in the winter is contradictory, sheep don't get lambs in the wintertime, not even in Palestine.
                              Either way, there's only one divinity, and it's almighty, hence all religions is an expression of it.
                              As i'm religious i prefer to celebrate the middle of the year the way it was meant, the joy of the divine sun turning, and not believe in the lies of an unreligious organization with greedy self-interests...

                              P&L, buddy
                              Was Billy's comment that I am quoting here deleted? I see it only in OID's quote...


                              Originally posted by Charger View Post
                              Merry and jolly christmas to everyone....

                              Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate that...

                              And happy solstice to who like to celebrate the darkness....like me...

                              Christmas is not a happy time for us lonely people, but I'll have my cigar and my Blanton's so I'll squeeze by...again...how many more though? Not many me thinks...not many.

                              Charger, it is sad to hear you're lonely, I wish you all the best and that you will find a way out of your loneliness and discover new happiness.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Charger View Post

                                Christmas is not a happy time for us lonely people, but I'll have my cigar and my Blanton's so I'll squeeze by...again...how many more though? Not many me thinks...not many.
                                Thinking Of you this Christmas season Charger, hope you find happiness brother, there is always hope, good things come to those who wait.
                                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X