No announcement yet.

Billy Underdog has passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not gonna bullshit anyone and say him and I were friends, or that we liked each other, cause we didn't one bit; but its always sad to see a death happen. RIP.
    Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Scruggs View Post
      I'm not gonna bullshit anyone and say him and I were friends, or that we liked each other, cause we didn't one bit; but its always sad to see a death happen. RIP.
      Buffalo Bill, you’re a good guy despite everything that happened, you came here and paid your respects, that speaks volumes my friend, and I use the word friend with honor.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Peace and love man.
        Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

Comment

Does anyone know a way to get in touch with NID besides a PM? I think he would want to know about Billy's passing. If anybody has a way please do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Scruggs View Post
            Peace and love man.
            Good on you, man. We've all got our differences, but at the end of the day we're all human and it's important to come together when tragedies like this occur.

Originally posted by turch118 View Post
            Does anyone know a way to get in touch with NID besides a PM? I think he would want to know about Billy's passing. If anybody has a way please do so.
            I don't believe I have contact details for NID, but I'll check.

Comment

Originally posted by turch118 View Post
              Turch, Doc has NID's contact information, phone etc., he's tried in the past several times to get in contact with him, called him several times, no success.

I've even tried searching him on the Led Zeppelin forum where he and I were both members, he hasn't posted in awhile, it's like he's disappeared off the face of the Earth, I hope NID is okay too.
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

I’ve asked my coworker for the Born Again CD, it was part of the CD’s Billy shipped to me of the post Ozzy/Sabbath eras that he didn’t want and told me to do what I wanted with them, I had given them all to my coworker who liked Sabbath but never heard the post Ozzy/Dio/ Sabbath eras.

I explained to him what happened and that I would like this CD as a memory of Billy, I am going to have it framed with the inscription “In Memory Of Billy Underdog 11/10/18.

Comment

My dear brothers and sisters of Sabbath lore, I decided to pop in for a rare appearance to pay my respects to a very good person who left us far too soon. Billy was the first to tell us that he was lost in aspects of his life, but he loved his family and was smitten with his (then) baby niece (or was it his nephew, I can’t remember). Whether you agreed with Billy or not, there is no denying that he was as smart as a whip, and a great contributor. He loved music, and in particular The Beatles, Black Sabbath, and Led Zeppelin. He also loved this community, and I can only imagine how losing ‘this family’ adversely impacted on him. The fact that he ‘lived’ here day in and day out demonstrated how this place enhanced his daily existence and formed an important part of his life. It is sad that he could not manage his membership here as he did bring great character and stamina to this board.

I feel terribly saddened by Billy’s passing, and I hope that his spirit has found eternal peace. As sad as I am about this loss, I am truly touched by those who thought of me and reached out to let me know of Billy’s demise. I cannot thank you enough for that.

I had an epiphany a few years ago, and realized that the forums dedicated to the things I loved, brought out the worst in me, and others, and arguing and fighting were the order of the day. I realized that I wanted to be a man of peace, and not a man of anger and contempt, so I essentially dropped off all of my favourite boards, with only rare appearances here and there.

Today will carry a tenor of sadness as I reflect on the loss of Billy Underdog and his grieving friends and family. To all of you, I offer my sincere condolences and best wishes during your time of grief and healing. To the board members, may you all have a wonderful Christmas spent with loved ones.

Rest well Billy. You’ll be missed by many. To the rest of you, cherish each day as a gift and love each other. NID.
                  Last edited by Now in Darkness; 12-22-2018, 04:18 PM.
                  Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                    My dear brothers and sisters of Sabbath lore, I decided to pop in for a rare appearance to pay my respects to a very good person who left us far too soon. Billy was the first to tell us that he was lost in aspects of his life, but he loved his family and was smitten with his (then) baby niece (or was it his nephew, I can’t remember). Whether you agreed with Billy or not, there is no denying that he was as smart as a whip, and a great contributor. He loved music, and in particular The Beatles, Black Sabbath, and Led Zeppelin. He also loved this community, and I can only imagine how losing ‘this family’ adversely impacted on him. The fact that he ‘lived’ here day in and day out demonstrated how this place enhanced his daily existence and formed an important part of his life. It is sad that he could not manage his membership here as he did bring great character and stamina to this board.

I feel terribly saddened by Billy’s passing, and I hope that his spirit has found eternal peace. As sad as I am about this loss, I am truly touched by those who thought of me and reached out to let me know of Billy’s demise. I cannot thank you enough for that.

I had an epiphany a few years ago, and realized that the forums dedicated to the things I loved, brought out the worst in me, and others, and arguing and fighting were the order of the day. I realized that I wanted to be a man of peace, and not a man of anger and contempt, so I essentially dropped off all of my favourite boards, with only rare appearances here and there.

Today will carry a tenor of sadness as I reflect on the loss of Billy Underdog and his grieving friends and family. To all of you, I offer my sincere condolences and best wishes during your time of grief and healing. To the board members, may you all have a wonderful Christmas spent with loved ones.

Rest well Billy. You’ll be missed by many. To the rest of you, cherish each day as a gift and love each other. NID.
                    These sad times always bring people together, thank you for stopping by and paying your respects White Wizard, it's been awhile and it's good to see you back, even if only for a little while, Billy would've been happy to see you, which I'm sure he does.

Beautiful post.
                    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 12-22-2018, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Warship SATO, the one you sent to Doc, on right now in your honor Billy \m/
                      One of Billy's favs, try to listen and not cry :( https://youtu.be/vUIfTzAQgFI "Underdog entertainment"

P&L, Ali

Comment

RIP Billy, you will be missed. I appreciated the majority of Billy's contributions. When the focus remains on the music, the discussions on BSO are at their best.

White Wizard, thank you for checking-in. Your long absence has had me concerned. I hope you and your wife are both healthy and enjoying your favorite things in life. Merry Christmas!

Comment

NID, thank you so much for stopping in and paying your respects to a great guy who will be missed big time. It's also good to know that you are OK. It was the absence of Billy's postings that originally caused concern. I hope life is and continues to treat you well and hope you have a "magical" holiday season. As Billy would say: P&L

Comment

Originally posted by ronn View Post
                            Warship SATO, the one you sent to Doc, on right now in your honor Billy \m/
                            One of Billy's favs, try to listen and not cry :( https://youtu.be/vUIfTzAQgFI "Underdog entertainment"

P&L, Ali
                            That was a great listen.

Comment

Oh wow!!! I'm surprised and sad to read he has passed away. I never had any conversations with Billy Underdog, but I would always enjoy reading his posts whether I agreed with him or not.

Comment

Sorry to hear this. I enjoyed his commentary on all-things Black Sabbath. My sincere condolences to his family and friends on both BSO and The Community.

Billy Underdog R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
                                X