Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Forum Regulars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

Joe has been good to these people and they have f*cked him ..... BUT , ask yourself - really , have they? ..... do you want those types around when you learn what they are capable of ,, sure you do , because WE FORGIVE them .... But , it was rather interesting finding out who would turn on the loyalties of such a great site provided by Joe for so many years ,, even better learning and respecting those who had not! ..... I stay in touch with many members here , outside of here - and I can assure you ... not a single big gun , insider or heavy hitter is at that "closet" site.

God Bless
    Doc my father, may he rest in peace once told me it's better the friends you can count on one hand then all the people you know on both hands, meaning it's better to have a few good friends then a whole lot of so called friends, that you don't know.

You have said it well and I'm glad I got my head back on straight and came back on the right side, loyalty to the death and death before dishonor, my brother.

BSO forever!!!! God bless both you and ronn, Joe and BSO!
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 06-23-2018, 10:24 AM.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
      If I'm a douche bag for being loyal to Joe so be it.
      Have not seen the site, but have heard all about it.
      Ya it's exactly this site, without the respect of course.
      Takes a real piece of shit to do what those dirt bags have tried to do.

Let it go? Those scum bags come here everyday to try and take Joe's members.
      But us men stay
      First of all I don't want to mention the other place anymore because believe it or not I love this place and don't want to be banned. The problem I have is the continued jabs at former members. You seem to find humor in it but I see it as a very dark time at BSO. All those former members used to love this place as well but comments became intolerable and they were forced to leave or left on there own. As far as taking Joe's members these people have a will of their own and can't be made to do anything. The whole situation is very sad but I don't see how continually bringing it up helps in the healing process for those of us who have decided to stay.

Comment

Ronn , it's not that your wrong (in theory) ..... your NOT one bit ..... but , you must look at the bright side ,,, we had a lot of fun together for a bunch of years .... Joe's site is the Sabbath undisputed standard .... and the noise (I included - was part of that) is no longer here ,, in a sense - you have won , BSO is where the Sabbath "spirit" resides.

Furthermore , I myself have never seen the "closet" site .... but have heard all about it ,, and seen first hand members promote the "closet" site here at BSO .... that says a lot about such people - in life you absolutely NEVER do that to another person ,, whether as a business owner , relationship or here on the internet ,, point blank - it's wrong! .... I myself have gotten 2 invites to the "closet" by 2 different members.

Joe has been good to these people and they have f*cked him ..... BUT , ask yourself - really , have they? ..... do you want those types around when you learn what they are capable of ,, sure you do , because WE FORGIVE them .... But , it was rather interesting finding out who would turn on the loyalties of such a great site provided by Joe for so many years ,, even better learning and respecting those who had not! ..... I stay in touch with many members here , outside of here - and I can assure you ... not a single big gun , insider or heavy hitter is at that "closet" site.

Sure , I had a role on what went down here .... I don't hide that fact ,, no matter how small it was ..... but , each member or past member - is responsible for his or her actions ,, and I'm sure some members just wanted to find their pals , it's all good ..... but , Brother Turch , you can't , or you should not , tell others to let it go - when in REAL life - making it (or supporting it) on the "back" of others - is the lowest form of human integrity.

God Bless
        Hi Doc. If you read my response to ronn that pretty much says it all. Joe has an amazing site here which is why I chose to stay. But it's kinda strange that I made a $50 donation once and received no recognition for my generosity. I didn't want him to shout it from the rooftops but a simple thank you in a PM would have been appreciated. Also I haven't been able to watch YouTube videos for over a month. I've sent multiple PM's to Joe and Damian. Damian said he would ask Joe about the problem but I have heard nothing. My respect waivers when things like this happen.

Ronn has never seen the "closet" site but seems to know all about it. I don't think either of you are being truthful. Just my opinion. And like I told ronn nobody had their arm twisted to leave. Humans do have freedom of choice.

I respect you for admitting your role in this debacle but I would consider your role more than small. Sorry but that's the way I perceived it. I still come here everyday but the place is just not the same. I look forward to a time when this site becomes the thriving entity it used to be.

Comment

• I’ve been seeing a lot of old timers coming back, dropping in and out, I hope they chose to stay and add to this great forum, as Doc and Ronn have done and many others such as The SabmanCometh, Wicked etc.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• Originally posted by turch118 View Post
            Hi Doc. If you read my response to ronn that pretty much says it all. Joe has an amazing site here which is why I chose to stay. But it's kinda strange that I made a $50 donation once and received no recognition for my generosity. I didn't want him to shout it from the rooftops but a simple thank you in a PM would have been appreciated. Also I haven't been able to watch YouTube videos for over a month. I've sent multiple PM's to Joe and Damian. Damian said he would ask Joe about the problem but I have heard nothing. My respect waivers when things like this happen.

Ronn has never seen the "closet" site but seems to know all about it. I don't think either of you are being truthful. Just my opinion. And like I told ronn nobody had their arm twisted to leave. Humans do have freedom of choice.

I respect you for admitting your role in this debacle but I would consider your role more than small. Sorry but that's the way I perceived it. I still come here everyday but the place is just not the same. I look forward to a time when this site becomes the thriving entity it used to be.
            My good brother .... 4 points ,

1 - No constant jabs by any one here , Ronn included ... ask yourself have things been said elsewhere by others not found at BSO.

2 - I’ve never seen the “closet” , and have no interest in seeing it.

3 - Going to BK to promote McDonalds , takes a person with zero couth.

4 - 50 dollars is a great thing you did , and I’m certain Joe appreciates it!

God Bless my fine brother ,,,, even in the “dark” , BSO outshines the rest.

Comment

My good brother .... 4 points ,

1 - No constant jabs by any one here , Ronn included ... ask yourself have things been said elsewhere by others not found at BSO.

2 - I’ve never seen the “closet” , and have no interest in seeing it.

3 - Going to BK to promote McDonalds , takes a person with zero couth.

4 - 50 dollars is a great thing you did , and I’m certain Joe appreciates it!

God Bless my fine brother ,,,, even in the “dark” , BSO outshines the rest.
              I wish we could get on the same page, I really do. And I respect your loyalty to BSO, it is commendable. And I didn't say "constant" jabs I said "continued" jabs which means they still pop up here and there. And who are the piece of shit poachers ronn speaks of. If ronn claims to be a MAN I think he should name names to back up his claims. If you look at the quote ronn posted about, you don't consider "L or 3Z's" a jab? I know you and ronn are close (no pun intended) but I really don't understand how you can defend him even when you KNOW he was out of line. If you think all of his transgressions were innocent then I guess I could say things like "Doc and ronn are the same person". True or not is that OK? I don't think so.

Believe it or not I'm a pretty mellow guy that ALWAYS does his best not to hurt anyone. In my mind these last few responses have been so out of character for me. I don't like it. But like you when I see something that I believe is an injustice I need to speak my mind. I can't keep things bottled up inside as it increases my anxiety.

Like I said earlier I love this place and look forward to a time when this site becomes the thriving entity it used to be.

With all respect Doc,

Paul

Comment

• I've never been "invited" to any other Black Sabbath site/forum or whatever this "closet" site that people are talking about is. Most definitely I would never leave this site in favour of any other Black Sabbath site, never. That would be completely disrespecting to everyone here. For me, there is only one God, one Finnish flag and lion, one Black Sabbath and one Black Sabbath site - this site! I will never change my loyalties towards any of these.

Now, time to say thanks for few things:

The rock & heavy metal year 2018 has been a great one so far! Great live shows e.g. Testament, Rainbow, Kalmah, Iron Maiden, Ozzy Osbourne, Judas Priest, Santana, Moonsorrow, Sodom, Saxon, Abbath...And the #1 heavy metal album of this year (and the years to come, I predict) is Judas Priest's awesome "Firepower"!!!

I just read that Ozzy and Tony are willing to perform together again in few years and that Tony will take up his guitar again and start writing new "stuff" (Tony is so modest, saying his writings are "stuff"...for us die-hards, Tony's writings are notes of power and glory!)

From the beginning of May to the early days of June we in Finland enjoyed a non-stop sunshine and warmth that was unheard of for decades. The only downside was that when the spring turned to summer in an instant like it did this time, it caused the birch pollen dust to be extremely heavy in the air, so as a guy with asthma I had to endure a lot...I even had to go the ER ward to get some help but finally I got the right medication and now the pollen season is over, so I too can enjoy the rest of the summer now! 1 week of vacation behind me so far, 3 more weeks to go!

Everyone here on the forums. From Joe and Damian to all of you who keep the flame burning here. Your dedication to Black Sabbath, related bands and other bands - good music in general - is unparalleled! Moreover, your love and compassion towards people here and outside this forum is simply beautiful. The enemy tries to get us all zeroed and ensnared, but I haven't seen anyone here who doesn't care about or show respect to others here. So the commitment to great music and caring for others here makes this site a very special place for me. Even if I can't be so active around here as I may have used to be earlier, I tell you this: I love this place and the existence of this place alone makes me feel very good. I can always return here, a digital world of Black Sabbath and great music, a realm where super-cool people make it all so special.
                "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• You are a man above men Sabbathman, respect to you my brother.

Comment

• Originally posted by turch118 View Post
                    I wish we could get on the same page, I really do. And I respect your loyalty to BSO, it is commendable. And I didn't say "constant" jabs I said "continued" jabs which means they still pop up here and there. And who are the piece of shit poachers ronn speaks of. If ronn claims to be a MAN I think he should name names to back up his claims. If you look at the quote ronn posted about, you don't consider "L or 3Z's" a jab? I know you and ronn are close (no pun intended) but I really don't understand how you can defend him even when you KNOW he was out of line. If you think all of his transgressions were innocent then I guess I could say things like "Doc and ronn are the same person". True or not is that OK? I don't think so.

Believe it or not I'm a pretty mellow guy that ALWAYS does his best not to hurt anyone. In my mind these last few responses have been so out of character for me. I don't like it. But like you when I see something that I believe is an injustice I need to speak my mind. I can't keep things bottled up inside as it increases my anxiety.

Like I said earlier I love this place and look forward to a time when this site becomes the thriving entity it used to be.

With all respect Doc,

Paul
                    Turch , PM me anytime and I would love to hear you out ,, don't get anxiety over this forum ... Respect to you as well ..... all forgiven and good to have you here.

Some points ,

1 - I have only seen Ronn say what he has said one time ... and besides his choice words , he is 100% correct ..... hence , why I agree 100% with the man.

2 - The names are easy (besides the 4 who were eliminated rightfuly) for Ronn or anyone here who pays attention , I'm sure yourself , KDC , Brother Thel and others (Ronn my brother , correct me if I'm wrong) .... point is , Joe made it CLEAR - TWICE , 2 separate post - DO NOT POACH ANY BSO MEMBERS THROUGH PRIVATE MESSAGING OR OTHERWISE FROM HIS SITE .... and it happened again yesterday , so if Ronn , OID or any other screems "yellow" - they have every right to ,, I've never found the need to , but thanks for asking.

3 - For anyone to go to someone else's home turf and offer a choice against that owners wishes - without asking - AFTER 4 were banned because of it - and the owner said DON'T DO IT EVER AGAIN - well , you know , that's the lowest form of human integrity.

4 - Last point ,,, I love those who were banned , those who poach , and those who are CORRECT , I just respect some more than others.

God Bless Sabbath maniacs , let's move on!

Comment

• ^^^^ Well said Doc!

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                      Ronn , it's not that your wrong (in theory) ..... your NOT one bit ..... but , you must look at the bright side ,,, we had a lot of fun together for a bunch of years .... Joe's site is the Sabbath undisputed standard .... and the noise (I included - was part of that) is no longer here ,, in a sense - you have won , BSO is where the Sabbath "spirit" resides.

Furthermore , I myself have never seen the "closet" site .... but have heard all about it ,, and seen first hand members promote the "closet" site here at BSO .... that says a lot about such people - in life you absolutely NEVER do that to another person ,, whether as a business owner , relationship or here on the internet ,, point blank - it's wrong! .... I myself have gotten 2 invites to the "closet" by 2 different members.

Sure , I had a role on what went down here .... I don't hide that fact ,, no matter how small it was ..... but , each member or past member - is responsible for his or her actions ,, and I'm sure some members just wanted to find their pals , it's all good ..... but , Brother Turch , you can't , or you should not , tell others to let it go - when in REAL life - making it (or supporting it) on the "back" of others - is the lowest form of human integrity.

God Bless
                      Best post of 2018 \m/

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                      I've never been "invited" to any other Black Sabbath site/forum or whatever this "closet" site that people are talking about is. Most definitely I would never leave this site in favour of any other Black Sabbath site, never. That would be completely disrespecting to everyone here. For me, there is only one God, one Finnish flag and lion, one Black Sabbath and one Black Sabbath site - this site! I will never change my loyalties towards any of these.

The rock & heavy metal year 2018 has been a great one so far! Great live shows e.g. Testament, Rainbow, Kalmah, Iron Maiden, Ozzy Osbourne, Judas Priest, Santana, Moonsorrow, Sodom, Saxon, Abbath...And the #1 heavy metal album of this year (and the years to come, I predict) is Judas Priest's awesome "Firepower"!!!

I just read that Ozzy and Tony are willing to perform together again in few years and that Tony will take up his guitar again and start writing new "stuff" (Tony is so modest, saying his writings are "stuff"...for us die-hards, Tony's writings are notes of power and glory!)

From the beginning of May to the early days of June we in Finland enjoyed a non-stop sunshine and warmth that was unheard of for decades. The only downside was that when the spring turned to summer in an instant like it did this time, it caused the birch pollen dust to be extremely heavy in the air, so as a guy with asthma I had to endure a lot...I even had to go the ER ward to get some help but finally I got the right medication and now the pollen season is over, so I too can enjoy the rest of the summer now! 1 week of vacation behind me so far, 3 more weeks to go!

Everyone here on the forums. From Joe and Damian to all of you who keep the flame burning here. Your dedication to Black Sabbath, related bands and other bands - good music in general - is unparalleled! Moreover, your love and compassion towards people here and outside this forum is simply beautiful. The enemy tries to get us all zeroed and ensnared, but I haven't seen anyone here who doesn't care about or show respect to others here. So the commitment to great music and caring for others here makes this site a very special place for me. Even if I can't be so active around here as I may have used to be earlier, I tell you this: I love this place and the existence of this place alone makes me feel very good. I can always return here, a digital world of Black Sabbath and great music, a realm where super-cool people make it all so special.
                      Tied for best post of 2018

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                      Doc my father, may he rest in peace once told me it's better the friends you can count on one hand then all the people you know on both hands, meaning it's better to have a few good friends then a whole lot of so called friends, that you don't know.

You have said it well and I'm glad I got my head back on straight and came back on the right side, loyalty to the death and death before dishonor, my brother.

BSO forever!!!! God bless both you and ronn, Joe and BSO!
                      YOY YOY!!

Originally posted by turch118 View Post

50 bucks! Respect \m/
                      Let's both donate to Joe again and call a truce, make BSO your home

Comment

• Joe, thank you for creating this awesome Black Sabbath website. Just like the band, others may try to duplicate your creation, however they will never succeed in matching your efforts.

Some people fail to appreciate the special things in life and instead seek the next new big thing. They usually do not find satisfaction and are forced to continue their misguided search.

Turch, thank you for sharing your thoughts. You demonstrated the spirit of this site by discussing your concerns in a civil manner. Unfortunately, some members felt the need to spread negativity and to engage in personal insults. Joe had been pretty hands off, but he needed to take action. For a while the negativity continued to grow. Active discussions were turning into bash sessions and positive discussions did not share the same level of participation. Many recently absent members were not involved in these events. I too would like to see some of these members return. The End has really made an impact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                          I've never been "invited" to any other Black Sabbath site/forum or whatever this "closet" site that people are talking about is. Most definitely I would never leave this site in favour of any other Black Sabbath site, never. That would be completely disrespecting to everyone here. For me, there is only one God, one Finnish flag and lion, one Black Sabbath and one Black Sabbath site - this site! I will never change my loyalties towards any of these.

Thanks for the enthusiasm. Your posts are always appreciated.

Comment

• Absolutely Beautiful my Sabbath Brothers ..... the "Spirit" of Sabbath at BSO shines through AGAIN!!

Ronn , OID , Turch , Sabbathman , Sabman and brother Sweet!!

Ronn (maybe WarningRules ) THANK YOU for opening the discussion , Turch THANK YOU for making the discussion work - love you brother! .... OID and Sabbathman THANK YOU for keeping the discussion alive , Sabman and Sweet THANK YOU for adding to it!

BSO , through good and "bad" - those who show up (80% of everything in LIFE , Is showing up!) and those who don't , for those who are here and for those who can't be - we are ALL the SABBATH family!

God Bless YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
                              Joe, thank you for creating this awesome Black Sabbath website. Just like the band, others may try to duplicate your creation, however they will never succeed in matching your efforts.

Some people fail to appreciate the special things in life and instead seek the next new big thing. They usually do not find satisfaction and are forced to continue their misguided search.

Turch, thank you for sharing your thoughts. You demonstrated the spirit of this site by discussing your concerns in a civil manner. Unfortunately, some members felt the need to spread negativity and to engage in personal insults. Joe had been pretty hands off, but he needed to take action. For a while the negativity continued to grow. Active discussions were turning into bash sessions and positive discussions did not share the same level of participation. Many recently absent members were not involved in these events. I too would like to see some of these members return. The End has really made an impact.
                              Thank you for posting Sabman, you are always the gentleman and your posts are always well said and make sense.

Brother Turch was very civil, respect to him and respect to my brother Ronn who is also a man above men and says what he means, and last but certainly never least, respect to Doctor John who has done so much on here and is only guilty of spreading the Sabbath joy as he has done so many times, past and present.

Comment

• Turch, if your respect is waivering then maybe it is because you have changed, not us. Joe has a life above and beyond this forum and if you are miffed because he didn’t personally thank you for a donation or fix your YouTube problem (which appears to be a very isolated case that not many other members seem to have) then you can always seek greener grass elsewhere. Complaining about Joe’s forum ON Joe’s forum will not help your cause, and is essentially the path that others have taken who are no longer a part of this family. They did not “leave” here, they were removed. Warned numerous times, temporarily banned numerous times. I wasted hours of my life in PM with them, trying to mediate, placate, work towards a positive resolution. They decided to keep breaking forum rules which included not taking taking their beefs to Joe privately. They took critical shots at the forum out in the open, hoping it would strike a chord with others whom they might ally themselves with. I guess their respect for us “waivered” too, turch. But we waivered goodbye to them in response.

And please don’t confuse this issue when you white-knight an ex member. Ronn was trolling someone who got banned, not someone who left here by free will. If we take you out of our sandbox, that means we have zero respect for you, and on that front we will NEVER waiver.

Originally posted by turch118 View Post
                                But it's kinda strange that I made a $50 donation once and received no recognition for my generosity. I didn't want him to shout it from the rooftops but a simple thank you in a PM would have been appreciated. Also I haven't been able to watch YouTube videos for over a month. I've sent multiple PM's to Joe and Damian. Damian said he would ask Joe about the problem but I have heard nothing. My respect waivers when things like this happen.
                                Last edited by Damian; 06-24-2018, 09:42 AM.
                                Damian
                                Super Moderator
                                Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

Working...
                                X