• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Hammerfall - Stormbreaker

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
        Each time I look at this cover, I notice that something is wrong: these notched pinions can not work or turned like that .
        anyway , I must listen to one day or another .

Comment

• Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
          Each time I look at this cover, I notice that something is wrong: these notched pinions can not work or turned like that .
          Its another awesome album from Overkill, been listening to it quite a bit lately and finally ordered the vinyl. Just a great thrash band that continues to deliver at a consistently high level.

Comment

• legends !

Comment

• Better than "Good to be Bad" and "Forevermore" from Whitesnake .

Comment

• ^^^ Gonna check that out TYR. Sounds like John West doing the Vox. Cool stuff! New Snakecharmer isn't too bad either, but I like this better, Cheers TYR!

Some new Alice:

Disc 2 will feature a couple of new original Alice Cooper band tunes as well as some live classics.
                Last edited by Axe fiend; 06-10-2017, 12:12 PM.
                We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Axe fiend View Post
                  ^^^ Gonna check that out TYR. Sounds like John West doing the Vox. Cool stuff! New Snakecharmer isn't too bad either, but I like this better, Cheers TYR!
                  Glad you like it Axe .
                  Nathan James did the "Scorpions revisited" album with Uli Jon Roth . Not a fan of this kind of idea but Uli is still Uli on guitars and Nathan is amazing on that one :

Comment

• Not listened to for decades. I had forgotten how good it was . Amazing job by the band including Frankie Banali and the KeysMaster Ken Hensley .

Comment

• He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

• the very first time I'm listenning to it . Awesome album .

Comment

• very good album . with some awesome guitar solos, ŗ la Gilmour.

Comment

I know the pic does not work!! Impossible for them to turn like that, though it takes nothing away from the awesomeness that is Overkill. You should pick it up TYR - I am sure you would like it.
                            Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

the very first time I'm listenning to it . Awesome album .
                              Is this the last GREAT album they did??? I have not heard anything past that.
                              Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                                Is this the last GREAT album they did??? I have not heard anything past that.
                                If I can answer that for you Thel. DEFINITELY NOT! A lot of good to great albums in the W.A.S.P. discography since the masterful The Crimson Idol album but I'll recommend you two that I consider the very best.

Dying for the World(2002). Blackie's darkest & heaviest work. The album was written in the wake of the 9/11 terror attacks which obviously affected Blackie very deeply(as it did a lot of people) The lyrics focus on the events of 9/11 and on revenge to the perpetrators behind it. The results are one very dark & heavy album full of rage & emotion. It also marks the debut of Darrell Roberts on guitar who's work is impeccable on this album and also see's the return of Frankie Banali on drums. A great & genuinely underrated metal album.

Dominator(2007) Blackie returned to his heavy, melodic and emotive best on this album. Great riffs and killer choruses throughout with brilliant solos by Doug Blair(the best axeman they've ever had) Every song reeks classic W.A.S.P. with the highlights being Mercy, Long, Way To Go, Take Me Up, The Burning Man, Heaven's Hung in Black(arguably the greatest balled Blackie has ever written) and the totally rockin Deal With The Devil. Dominator is the best album since The Crimson Idol for mine and in my top 3 all time W.A.S.P. albums.

Others worth checking out also are Still Not Black Enough(1995), The Industrial metal sounding Kill, Fuck Die(1997), Unholy Terror(2001) Babylon(2009)& Golgotha(2015). The only one I'd strongly recommend avoiding is Helldorado(1999)The less said about that album the better.

Love W.A.S.P.

Comment

Working...
                                X