Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Anybody else multilingual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else multilingual?

I was just thinking the other day that people here must be because they come from countries that don't nessesarily speak english... anyway, i've been studying French for over 3 years now.

Anybody else multilingual?
    "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Re: Anybody else multilingual?

Not yet but I'm working on it, studying French and German (albeit in highschool, but I'm pretty good! I hope anyway...) Want to take up Spanish next year, several years of Latin should help a little there.

Comment

English and Quebec French

Comment

I speak Danish and English fluently. I can speak some German, and I understand both Swedish and Norwegian.

Comment

I'm thinking that people in the east are morew likely to speak more then one language then people here.
          "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

I spoke Polish fluently when i was young !Now sparingly including German also .

Comment

Portuguese and english fluentely... Spanish very raw and I understand italian
              Can't you see what I see
              You and I victims of Their word
              As the master of power
              Try to poison our world
              ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Spanish and German are simple enough. Russian is quite difficult.

Comment

French and English with a few notions of German from highschool.
                  Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
                  "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

BASIC, C and Fortran.
                    "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Originally Posted By: Gardener French and English with a few notions of German from highschool.
                      Gardner must know a lot of tongues.. lol he's french so I bet he have a lot of sexyness to make turists fall for him
                      Can't you see what I see
                      As the master of power
                      Try to poison our world

Comment

I took French for 13 years leading up to university, and had a reading knowledge of it at one point. It's withered away to nothing nowadays. I know more Russian now than I ever did French, after only 3 years of study. I still have quite aways to go though, til I reach any degree of fluency. Still, I can get by. One of my proudest moments during my stay in St. Petersburg was about a month in, when Rover and I went to the Heros of Rock concert with the Tony Martin band playing. I had to talk my way through security and administration people on seven different occasions, to explain [in Russian] how my ticket had been stolen the previous day, and that the guys in the band had given me a guest pass. A challenge, to say the least, especially after less than a month of being there.

Comment

Spanish, Swedish, Russian, English.

Comment

french... although why they insist kids learn french in England is beyond me... We hate the french!

My son - who is six - can aleady speak Spanish & Japanese... Lttle smartarse!

Comment

Originally Posted By: devilmaycare french... although why they insist kids learn french in England is beyond me... We hate the french!

My son - who is six - can aleady speak Spanish & Japanese... Lttle smartarse!
                              Maybe they teach it to finish with this so called "hate"
                              Can't you see what I see
                              As the master of power
                              Try to poison our world

Comment

Working...
                              X