Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what basses does geezer use?

What kind of basses does geezer use?
    I think he has a fender precision on the reunion tour,on the ozzfest 2004 a jazz bass and also in the paranoid clip.
    What basses does he uses more?

Re: what basses does geezer use?

I thought he had used Vigier on the Reunion tour, but the only ones I've seen him with in 2004 have been Fenders.

Comment

You need to read this year's interview in Bass Player where Geezer talked about his current set-up.

He did play Vigier until recently , check the Geezer page here
      ( http://www.vigierguitars.com/ )but now has some new basses, plus was planning to use Fenders on the tour.

Comment

I want Geezer to sponsor/design a Geezer Butler custom bass.
        Do you want to encourage the Sabb Four to release a studio, demo, or official live version of "Scary Dreams" (the thus far unreleased song they debuted/performed live during their 2001 Ozzfest tour)? If so, consider becoming a fan of Scary Dreams on facebook by clicking the below link:

https://www.facebook.com/blacksabbathscarydreams

Comment

Geezer has gone through a variety of basses and equipment over the years. He hasn't really seemed to stick to one thing for too long. Though as somebody mentioned, he's tended to use the Vigiers the most in recent years. I know he was using them at least as far back as the Dehuminizer days, as was reported in his first (1992) interview in Bass Player magazine. I actually hadn't heard of that brand before I read the interview!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I want Geezer to sponsor/design a Geezer Butler custom bass.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would rule. He's the best bassist ever. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

lets not forget les claypool...

Comment

i think he has also a rickenbacker and an armstrong

Comment

The Dan Armstrong (shown on the liner pics on Vol. 4) is a nice bass. The neck feels great and it's well balanced, but it's heavy. I had a chance to buy one a couple years back, but I passed it up.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    i think he has also a rickenbacker and an armstrong

[/ QUOTE ]

He never had a Rickenbacker. The one he played in the Never Say Die vid was borrowed from Glenn Hughes for that one show 'cause Geezer forgot his own.

If he still owns the Dan Armstrong and the Birches and JayDees they're locked away somewhere 'cause they've never been seen on stage in about 20 years - unless someone knows different?

Comment

One of the John Birches is an eight string. There's a lot of photos of Geezer playing it in the seventies.

-Led

Comment

Working...
                      X