Achille's Last Stand (lesson)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Achille's Last Stand (lesson)

Unbelievable tour de'froce of a song... Page was/is a genious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwIY46vuENQ
    "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

I wonder which poor blues musician did he rob when writing this one?
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

LOL! Pagey may be sloppy when soloing "live", but his studio solos are some of the most epic all emcompasing solos, melodic, powerful, you name it... and this song is just a tour de'force, sounds like 13 freakin' guitars going at once... seen clips of him playing it live, and he mamges to sound pretty close to the studio despite just one guitar!
      "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
      R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
        Pagey may be sloppy when soloing "live
        That's what made him so great IMO. Such a great guitarist, and the sloppy dont-care-attitude just made him fantastic. And it fit Bonham perfectly. They were all going more for the feel than timing. Try using a metronome while listening to a Zep-tune. It won't match for long. The tempo goes up and down all the time.
        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
        Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

That song is great! Page uses so many alternate tunings. I worked up the Rain Song and that was wierd!!
          www.reverbnation.com/sungod4

www.facebook/curseofdisobedience

www.reverbnation.com/clawhammer1 and www.reverbnation.com/blackmountainthunder

Comment

Off the presence album, this song is way better than Nobodys fault but mine.

Comment

Truly a genius ole Pagey. What else is there to say. Too bad he hasn't done anything in so long.
              Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

The live version from Knebworth is my favourite piece of Zeppelin ever.

Comment

Working...
                X