StarWanderer's SoundCloud Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sicko FanAtic View Post
    Ha, I wasn't thinking of Phil Lynott, but of course, I am now!

I hear the first riff in Ab, the second in Db. But anyways, wrong key was the wrong phrase, it would be better to say the solos emphasize the key a 4th up, or at least the solos over riff 1 do, when you solo over the second riff the playing fits better to my mind. It's more a matter of what notes you end phrases on than playing the wrong scale or anything. Generally you want to end phrases on chord tones, or at least that is how it is normally done, so in Ab minor, Ab, Cb, and Eb are the normal target notes, not Db and Fb.
    Yeah, the bulk of the song is in Db (I always talk about the keys as if I was tuned to E standard, instead of transposing the keys). And now that you metioned it, I agree that some of my note choices in the solos over the chromatic riff could've been better. Then again, your average joe won't notice anything wrong in what I played

You have a fantastic ear btw. Really impressed how quickly you indentified the Dim7 chord in the song Billy linked on his thread here at musician's corner! It took me quite a few listens to identify it as a Dim7, but it would've required me to grab an guitar and find out the actual chord

I hope you keep checking this thread out in the future too, I have a couple of ideas brewing that I'd like to put down on record on post it for you to comment on
    Last edited by -E5150 StarWanderer-; 07-06-2015, 08:44 PM.
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Uploaded this phone recorded sound test of my new rig in SoundCloud. It's on private setting, so you can hear it only via this link: https://soundcloud.com/mosquitoandth...s/new-rig-test

Decided to put it here just for the lulz It's basically just me churning out some riffs and whatnot.

My main rig at the moment:

- Laney LH50 head
      - Palmer 2x12 cab with Celestion Vintage speakers

Pedal Board:

- Boss FV-500H volume pedal (for boosting lead parts in a live situation)
      - Vox V845 wah wah
      - MXR Black Label Chorus
      - MXR Custom Badass Modified O.D. (how awesome is the name of that tiny stomp box? Also the most important part of my tone outside of the actual amp)

The pedal board is powered by T-Rex Fuel Tank
      "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
      "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler

Comment

Can't access the track. Me sad.
        You bought and sold me with your lying words.
        Phil, your head's all full of lice!

Comment

Can't access the track. Me sad.
          Sorry, wrong link: https://soundcloud.com/mosquitoandth...g-test/s-H9yqf

Comment

Sounds great!

Comment

Sounds great!
              Thanks mate! Really love the Palmer cab, can't go wrong with Celestion V30's! And the Laney LH50 is a fantastic head for it's price (was around 450€ when I acquired it in the fall of 2010)

Comment

Here's a link to a short clip of me jamming to a blues backing track. Just a short doodle recorded with my phone, having some problems with my audio interfaces after changing to Win10.

Anywho, I was going for a Gary Moore-esque blues rock playing vibe with some shred-tastic moments sprinkled here and there. This was my first or second try with the backing track, so there are a couple of gaffes, and some bum notes due to me not remembering I was supposed to transpose from G minor scales to G#minor (my axe is in Eb tuning). Experimented with some pre-bending, a technique I don't use nearly enough.

All feedback is welcome

https://soundcloud.com/mosquitoandth...yy-wav/s-hFYuu

Comment

You've got some chops there, fellah!

Comment

Not SoundCloud, but here's my new Guitar Cover of Cowboy Song by Thin Lizzy:

Further info about the recording on 'The Listen' thread

Comment

A semi-acoustic homage I composed to my girlfriend as a part of her b-day present for today:

Listen to Starlight (I.D.A) by Mosquito & The Stingers #np on #SoundCloud
                      https://soundcloud.com/mosquitoandth.../starlight-ida

Comment

Working...
                      X