Tony Iommi's best solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Black Sabbath in the true sense of the name and what it means to me, the energy it conveys to me as a living thing, that lives in me and through me, is the original four.

The Dio albums and Gillan album are excellent as well, I listen to them on a regular basis, some great solo's on Born Again.
    trashed is a blistering solo but my favourite is the solo on zero the hero. i think tony was trying to charm a snake with that solo and also it was a very unusual solo.

Comment

gypsy is another good one. infact TE has solo after solo which id consider among his best.

Comment

Originally posted by oh lord yeah! View Post
        gypsy is another good one. infact TE has solo after solo which id consider among his best.
        yep, I remember reading an interview when TE came out and Iommi said "I feel I have mastered my technique" and it shows... Rolling Stone reviewer at the time said and I quote:
        "The guitarist must where asbestos gloves on his hands."

Alot of fans find TE too polished or whatever but for the guitar fans, the fans of soloing, TE is the top of the mountain for Sabbath's Ozzy era, only when H&H and Mob Rules came out did we here that level of soloing again from Mr. I. I don't think NSD compares even remotely regarding solos to TE... but then the sound of NSA was tinny, horrible... worst production ever for a BS album, and Iommi knew it then and now... has stated numerous times he hated that Toronto Studio... probably heard it from the fans too...haha.
        Last edited by Wicked Cricket; 06-04-2016, 07:25 AM.
        "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

Comment

by 75/76 he was a very good. TE is a bit too polished but its still a good album, although i can sense on this album that the band are struggling for direction.
          your bang on about the solo's not being as good on NSD. shockwave and air dance are the only two that stand out.

another solo id forgotten about is turn up the night which is another favourite of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by oh lord yeah! View Post
            by 75/76 he was a very good. TE is a bit too polished but its still a good album, although i can sense on this album that the band are struggling for direction.
            your bang on about the solo's not being as good on NSD. shockwave and air dance are the only two that stand out.

another solo id forgotten about is turn up the night which is another favourite of mine.
            yea and Jr.'s Eye's I like the solo alot, it's not a show off type solo but it's worked out with great phrasing and the usual Iommi emotion of course... Alot of folks talk about Johnny Blade but for me that's not one of his better solos.... and it sounds (the production) like it's coming thru the bottom of a Budweiser can....
            "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
            R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
              yea and Jr.'s Eye's I like the solo alot, it's not a show off type solo but it's worked out with great phrasing and the usual Iommi emotion of course... Alot of folks talk about Johnny Blade but for me that's not one of his better solos.... and it sounds (the production) like it's coming thru the bottom of a Budweiser can....
              yeah im not keen on the johnny blade solo,it comes across a bit flat. thing i like about iommi is that some of his solo's are short but he still gets across the emotion. hole in the sky and am i going insane spring to mind when i talk about short solo's,with the latter being another one id forgot to add to my favourite list. GID off 13 also delievered a short but excellent solo.

Comment

Either Black Sabbath or Hand of Doom.
                You tried to suppress me
                But nothing holds me down
                Just when you think you're happy
                I come around

Comment

the solo on black sabbath suits the theme of the song so much. hand of doom is just dirty.

Comment

I'd like to ad Supernaut

Comment

so many... but I think Dirty Women from the Ozzy era and Loney Is The Word and Over And Over from Dio...
                      R. Blackmore

Comment

THIS
                        Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                        Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                        In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                        The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

I'm going "You Won't Change Me"

Comment

I'd like to throw in Supernaut as well. Such a cool solo.

Comment

Nobody Will Change Me I Feel and Lonely Is The Word
                              www.reverbnation.com/sungod4

www.facebook/curseofdisobedience

www.reverbnation.com/clawhammer1 and www.reverbnation.com/blackmountainthunder

Comment

Working...
                              X