Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My son's Black Sabbath tribute band, SabbathAge, playing NIB (Live in Tashkent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son's Black Sabbath tribute band, SabbathAge, playing NIB (Live in Tashkent)

The 'logo' on his t-shirt is Uzzy – not Ozzy. Below is their concert poster. Oh, almost forgot: their drummer is 100% blind - he's the man!

Last edited by Progonaut; 03-14-2017, 08:52 AM.
    :) My signature is not available due to the censorship on the part of my alter ego :(

The good:

The singer is tight. Sounds a good bit like Ozzy without being a cartoonish mockery. Knows all the words, stays in key.

The guitarist is tight.

The Drummer is tight.

Guitar and Drums are right in the pocket together, swinging it. Great vibe together!

The Not so Good:

The Bassist: I think he's missing quite a bit of Geezer's noodling and/or he's not up loud enough in the mix.

The Key: Why so low? A good cover band should be able to cover in the studio key of the source material. I think the singer can handle it. Tune up!

The Guitar: A Sabbath cover band without an SG guitar is almost...blasphemy.

In conclusion: Keep up the good work but tune up and buy an SG. Turn up the Bassist and if that doesn't fill in the empty spaces, replace the bassist.

Comment

Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
      In conclusion: Keep up the good work but tune up and buy an SG. Turn up the Bassist and if that doesn't fill in the empty spaces, replace the bassist.
      Thank you very much, brother, for your detailed comment. Your remarks have been taken into consideration!
      :) My signature is not available due to the censorship on the part of my alter ego :(

Comment

The good:

The singer is tight. Sounds a good bit like Ozzy without being a cartoonish mockery. Knows all the words, stays in key.

The guitarist is tight.

The Drummer is tight.

Guitar and Drums are right in the pocket together, swinging it. Great vibe together!

The Not so Good:

The Bassist: I think he's missing quite a bit of Geezer's noodling and/or he's not up loud enough in the mix.

The Key: Why so low? A good cover band should be able to cover in the studio key of the source material. I think the singer can handle it. Tune up!

The Guitar: A Sabbath cover band without an SG guitar is almost...blasphemy.

Hmm, I have a Sabbath tribute band too, and I don't have an SG :D I play with my Jackson RR in C#, and with my 7 string Cort in E. I don't have the money to buy an SG.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadlessCross View Post
          Hmm, I have a Sabbath tribute band too, and I don't have an SG :D I play with my Jackson RR in C#, and with my 7 string Cort in E. I don't have the money to buy an SG.
          Well, I appreciate can't afford, but damn...I can't imagine being an Iommist and not having an SG...at least a well done Epiphone, yeah? Oh, the times we live in, woe...

Comment

Well, I appreciate can't afford, but damn...I can't imagine being an Iommist and not having an SG...at least a well done Epiphone, yeah? Oh, the times we live in, woe...
            Well, I always wanted an Epiphone Iommi SG, but at the moment, I don't have enough money, and since I'm a student, I can't buy everything. When I finish school, and I get a job, I definitely will buy an SG :D But now I have to manage it with my two current guitars.

Comment

Working...
            X