Home Recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Home Recording

"curse of disobediance" sounds a bit like it was out of the game Red alert. listen to Hell march and youll see what i mean

Comment

I have never heard the game your speaking of.The name Curse Of Disobedience was out of the old testament.the songs I wrote the lyrics and music to.thanks for the disc racer.i,m eargerly awaiting.

Comment

Racer I just got your disc.I'm going to let it spin about a week.Thanks Paul

Comment

Ok Racer I got your disc I heard it several times.There is alot good rtyhyms on the disc.But the drum machine will not let them shine.I think you should buy the Doug Marks videos lessons 5and6 plus the Micheal Angelo speed kills.they will increase your leads.Also find a singer.Those songs are in good format for a vocalist.As soon as I heard I had alot of lyric ideas.The songs also have a good sabbath feel on the rythyms.I liked your ideas i think you now need to drive them home.

Comment

Thanks for your input, Paul!

Comment

Your welcome.Also your rthyms are very catchy.I just think you need to ditch the drum loops for sure.it takes away from your talent.But I know it is hard to get a good drummer.But you have the makes of some good tracks.You now need to take the next and if anything do it for yourself not the public.Leave a legacy of yourself.

Comment

Axe Fiend, that was awesome man! I found myself stompin away at that one!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Axe Fiend, that was awesome man! I found myself stompin away at that one!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Rocket! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

i recorded something, just guitar though...i dubbed a guitar for rhytm and another one for lead... used preety simple equipment, just my vox amp, two cables, my computer and of course my SG. sounds alright i think...would like to get some feed back though. here's the link for it. oh and tell me what u guys think of it thanks.

http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43e01e8...vT8CEBcb2TzF1c

Comment

Yeah Axe Fiend's recording is top notch. Great tune. Love the bass line bumbumbum bubububududu [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hah! when I get the time, I love home recording.

I use a Tascam 16 track to record onto, I've considered a
                        Digital Tascam, but I love the "Warmth" tape gives, but
                        cut the "hiss" out with some careful mixing....
                        I use a Roland MT 200 Digital Sequencer and sound module,
                        operated via a keyboard, program the drums using this too.
                        My favourite "recording" Guitar is a Telecaster through a
                        Zoom Fx 708 pedal (bass or guitar), use a Yamaha 5 string
                        Bass, for the "lines"....and SM 58's Microphones for Voice
                        and "miking" up "Nylon" or "Steel" strung acoustic guitars.
                        Mixing down onto a Philips C.D. recorder.......
                        Not much more to tell, I'm not a "Techi" type, but I really
                        enjoy "mixing" down the stuff or other people's stuff..and
                        I am always thinking when I listen to an album, why did they mix it like that?...how did they get that overall sound
                        etc....Music, I loooooove it!!!

Comment

Man I love this site...I just bought a Tascam recorder...go to...
                          http://www.tascam.com/Products/dp01fx.html

I love recording ....I also liked what I am hearing here with the diffrent recordings...they sound awsome. I am also recording in a studio ( pro-Tools ). Once my project is done I am going to send it through a analog macine to give it some warmth. Digital recording is cool cause you can do things you never could with Analog equipment. I recorded paranoid and man do I hate the vocals....Is there I could have someone record the vocals that is not in Canada?

let me know that would be cool to do a recording where everyone is in a diffrent country or state...what do you guys think

Comment

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=41063

There's two songs. One is a old recording from -04. It was recorded as a trio and we had been playing together for two months, Me and the guitarist had played our instruments for six months. So please be gentle [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Patterns is a year old song as is the recording (and it has vocals). It was recorded in our garage with two mics so it's a rough version at the least. We are planning to record a demo next month.

Comment

I liked the one with no vocals. It has a Sabbath feel to it. Sounding good keep it up !!

Comment

I finally got something done! Have a listen at my band's myspace

Comment

Working...
                                X