Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help April! She`s planning to buy a guitar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help April! She`s planning to buy a guitar!

I've had a G400 for a little over 2 years now, and I love the thing. Highly recommended [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

oh, I`m really happy to hear that [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I had a g400 and it was ok, But Have you considered one of the ESP Ltd SG type guitars?
        The g310 is not as good as the g400, with most guitars more money means better quality parts.

All marshall amps are top choices but dont expect a 15 watt combo to sound like a marshall stack.
        For an amp i'd take a look at marshalls AVT series, or Line 6 Spider amps, they have effects on board as well as a great range of sounds,
        And are amazing value for money.

If you have a V amp/pod and speakers on your pc and the right bits of cable you can use that for a practice amp.
        you can also go straight into your sound card!
        and you can record the sound if you have some software that does that.
        Delay would arise if you were using the PC to affect the sound ...overdrive/amp modelling etc and thats because of windows.

Comment

>>Have you considered one of the ESP Ltd SG type guitars?

I haven`t because I don`t know what they are [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Because I want badly g400 I can`t afford a good amp. Or probably even this 15 Watts one. And so I have to get some information about plugging the guitar to my computer. I have no idea what sound card and what programme is neccesary, and how it will sound. Anybody has any experience? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Basically the whole BC Rich guitar is a pile of crap, i can't go two days without breaking a string, and im not even playing hard on it, maybe for like 10 minutes. The input is falling apart, you don't even want me to get started on how poor quality the pickups are, they wont even stay in there, I've owned several BC Rich guitars in the past, so it's just not like I have a bad one. I used to want an Epiphone guitar, but I played one for awhile, a G-400, and it was a pile of crap, very overpriced for the quality. I'd suggest a Jackson, or better yet, an ESP guitar.

Comment

everybody`s saying different things

Comment

buying a guitar is hard, especially if your not good at making decisions. like me. if you play something at a guitar store, and like it, buy it, if your looking for a guitar. its really just personal prefrence. i may not like bc rich guitars, but someone else may love them.

Comment

yep I agree, but as you said about the strings in BC rich, I guess there are things you can`t check in the store. That`s why I wanted to ask you guys [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

There are no BS RICH guitars in our stores but if they were and if they were cheap enough I would buy them for example mocking bird!! oh I love it. Is it bad as well?

my question again : what`s ESP?

Comment

I'd go for a Squier strat. They're usually cheap and good quality.

Check 'em out here.
                    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

ooh...i can't stand squier strats... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mryuck.gif[/img]

Comment

Really? Why is that?
                        The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

hhhmmm...well, i guess its an ok begineer guitar...but compared to my standard fender, the squier just seems a little low quality. From string buzz, to tone quality, to the pick-ups, i just dont like it that much.

Comment

Hmmmm.... I haven't noticed any stirng buzz on mine, or problems with the pickups but I can see where you're coming from concerning thetone.

Comment

they look quite funny but I want g-400!!! and no other! :]

Comment

Well I have been playing for over 20 years and I suggest you do not go the cheap route when it comes to the guitar. A good quality guitar is more fun to play and will be played more than a cheap guitar. learning to play should be done on a mid priced guitar. As far as an amp goes I use a peavey 30watt for my practice amp and it comes with some effects so you can fool around with it.

Anyway here is Paranoid I recorded on a 8 track porta studio. I used a Fender Strat, US and plugged right into the recorder and used the internal guitar effects. So if you want to enjoy playing do not go cheap.

This recording is a home recording. I am going to record another Sabbath tune and post it. This one will be done in a proper studio so should sound allot better than this one.

http://bandmix.ca/profile900.html

Comment

Working...
                                X