Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Help April! She`s planning to buy a guitar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help April! She`s planning to buy a guitar!

The music is very good. I didn't like the vocals, but the music is really good.
    I'm just a man and I am what I am,
    Nobody will ever change my ways.

Comment

The G-400 is a good guitar at a decent price. Just do a Google search for the G-400 review and it gets some high praise from a lot of people. But in the end, regardless
      of what others say, if it feels right to you when you play it that's the one you should go for.
      If you don't know an experienced guitar player that you can have go with you when you buy your guitar make sure you have the salesman check the intonation for you before you buy it because as a novice player you might not notice any problems until after you get it home and then you'll have to pay someone to set it up for you. If its off and they won't fix it FOR FREE tell them to kiss your ass and go to another store. Believe me music stores want to sell you the guitar just as much as you want to buy it and usually you can get them to set the intonation, adjust the action, throw in a couple of free sets of strings and a cheap strap too.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Basically the whole BC Rich guitar is a pile of crap, i can't go two days without breaking a string, and im not even playing hard on it, maybe for like 10 minutes. The input is falling apart, you don't even want me to get started on how poor quality the pickups are, they wont even stay in there, I've owned several BC Rich guitars in the past, so it's just not like I have a bad one. I used to want an Epiphone guitar, but I played one for awhile, a G-400, and it was a pile of crap, very overpriced for the quality. I'd suggest a Jackson, or better yet, an ESP guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about you, but I have a B.C. Rich Warlock Bronze Edition, it's only broken a couple strings at max (I've replaced three and one was because it was just worn out) and everything is staying intact. The only complaint I would have is the input isn't very stable but I only have to fix it every month or so. Maybe I'm lucky, maybe you're not, but my experience has been good.

Comment

I have another question for you guys!

What is a pre-amp? I found Behringer GDI 21 which is only $15, and I wonder if I could just plug it to my stereo, without a real amp. Will it sound ok ?

Comment

Hi OzzApril,
            A Pre-Amp is something you use to "turn up" the
            "Sound" from a Guitar or Microphone that isn't
            very loud in volume.
            This maybe o.k to use to plug into your Computer
            via the soundcard, but warning it may make
            whatever Guitar you choose to buy a bit too loud
            for your computer "soundcard".
            Never by an instrument on just how it looks,you
            want to find a good guitar player to help choose
            your guitar with you, they can tell if the Frets
            are good, wether the neck is straight, and will
            it "tune up" good all over the fretboard?, and
            the height the strings are off the fretboard may
            need adjusting (Setting up) to make it play well
            Please try and find someone who can play the
            Guitar well, and take them with you to the
            Guitar shop, they may save you money, and you
            will get a good reliable instrument...good luck

Comment

That is very good advice...

Comment

Okay I have the same question and I don't feel like starting a new thread as I feel it would be redundant.

My B.C. Rich Warlock just broke (I think the wires inside fried up or something...idk it just doesn't work anymore), and for a while I've been saving up for a new guitar anyway (great timing huh?), and I want to get a Les Paul, but I definately can't afford a Gibson so I have to settle on an Epiphone. What model should I get (under preferrably $500)? What are the differences between the models? I want a good sturdy guitar that's not super super expensive, and I want it to play well clean and distorted, have a nice sharp distortion when I want it (I have a distortion pedal but I don't know if the type of guitar affects distortion at all), and to stay in tune and whatnot, basically stay strong.

Any suggestions?
                Thanks.
                P.S.: Sorry to steal your thread April, but I felt this was the best way.

Comment

An Epiphone Les Paul should give you what you want, bear in
                  mind the Les Paul "Sound" is pretty "Rounded and Fat" and if You are after a lot of "Sustain" then either a Les Paul or a PRS (Paul Reed Smith) guitar does that job nicely!.

It is my humble opinion that it is best to check out a few guitars when planning to buy, 1) there are new Guitar makers
                  coming on the scene every year, 2) even trusted names like
                  Epiphone..Fender...Squier...Yamaha etc.. can turn out a
                  poor quality Machine...but also a new kid on the block
                  Guitar Maker might just suprise you...my advice, take a guitarplaying buddy along with you...also see the advice
                  I gave OzzApril.....and really try a few out and shop around
                  ....You'll do O.K. have fun while looking to buy!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Okay I have the same question and I don't feel like starting a new thread as I feel it would be redundant.

My B.C. Rich Warlock just broke (I think the wires inside fried up or something...idk it just doesn't work anymore), and for a while I've been saving up for a new guitar anyway (great timing huh?), and I want to get a Les Paul, but I definately can't afford a Gibson so I have to settle on an Epiphone. What model should I get (under preferrably $500)? What are the differences between the models? I want a good sturdy guitar that's not super super expensive, and I want it to play well clean and distorted, have a nice sharp distortion when I want it (I have a distortion pedal but I don't know if the type of guitar affects distortion at all), and to stay in tune and whatnot, basically stay strong.

Any suggestions?
                    Thanks.
                    P.S.: Sorry to steal your thread April, but I felt this was the best way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted a link earlyier in this thread. the link is to a Zakk Wylde Buzzsaw Les Paul for $588 with free shipping within the USA. If $588 is too much for you the site has other models which are probably cheaper.

but whats wrong with yours ?
                    "I want to tell you, yeah
                    How Good It Feels
                    Sleeping here with you tonight
                    And thatís for real"
                    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

thanks Cornucopia [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I`ve been already to the store, and I played g-400. Many people say it`s a rather good guitar, and I love how it looks, so decided to buy it, but I wait for my boyfriend to go with me and buy it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] he won`t let me buy crap [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

but amp.. so if I bought this Behringer pre-amp, could I just plug it to my stereo? Well the other option is buying a good soundcard and using only my computer and stereo. But I really like this pre-amp cause it`s cheap. (I made a mistake it`s not $15 but $ 50)

PS: that`s OK DCLXVI [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

ESP = Electric Sound Products, all the members from Megadeth and Metallica use them, as well as most metal bands.

Comment

Well I've been playing guitar for a while and know what I want, and I have played many a guitar so I know how to find a good one. The problem I had with my warlock was the wires just kinda...fried. I don't know, I tried re-soldering the output jack but that didn't work, and my dad and I (he used to be a professional mechanic and understands electrics better than anyone I know) determined they just kinda burnt out or something. Basically, if I plug it in I just get feedback (like what you get if you stick your finger on the end of the cord, not like the high-pitch mic feedback).

Comment

that happened to my first guitar and all that was wrong was a bad connection. I went into the guitar output plug and just tightened the connection, usually happens with mass produced guitars. But if your dad know electics I wouldn't doubt him.
                            "I want to tell you, yeah
                            How Good It Feels
                            Sleeping here with you tonight
                            And thatís for real"
                            -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

that was the first thing i tried and what has always worked in the past.

didn't work this time :-)

Comment

That happened to my BC Rich too, the guitar shop people just gutted it and put new ones in.

Comment

Working...
                                X