Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Original Composition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Composition

Hey, just curious what you all thing about my new song. It still needs to be mixed and mastered but you will get the idea...Click on Link and then click on song title

http://bandmix.ca/profile900.html

Re: Original Composition

What are the lyrics about? Untouchables from India? Just curious. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

In terms of music, it's a simple rocker ... wouldn't be a bad commercial number, I'd think. My only problem with it is the lack of a guitar solo (but that's just 'cause I'm weird like that. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) Other than that, it's not a bad song. Catchy riff, catchy vocals. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    How could this poison be the dream of my soul
    How did my fantasies take complete control, yeah

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I know what you mean about the solo....I usually have solo's in all my songs but felt this was ok with out one. Thanks again.

Comment

It probably works without the solo ... but I just feel that one could be used somewhere after the middle (even if a bit minor, it could still spark a bit more interest in the song after the middle). The reason for the solo would make the song less repetitive and would keep the audience fresh for the second part. ^ ^

Comment

I 100% agree with what you are saying. I even find the song repetitive after about 2 minutes. I have not done the final mix and master stage so I will try what you are suggesting..... The song is in D....do you think D pentatonic minor scale??? Let me know what you think. I appreciate the production ideas....

Comment

Well, asking me about production ideas and guitar tuning is, admittably, FAR out of my league (I know drum stuff by ear, only), but I'm sure someone else could likely aid you with that one. I wish I could help you there. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks, I still like your ideas. I will mess arouind with the solo. Thanks again.

Comment

No problem. ^ ^

Comment

Hey I have recorded another tune about Kurt Cobaine
                  go to .. www.rmackenzie.altpro.net

Comment

Working...
                  X