Down nola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paul hill View Post
    I heard they was gonna re-record Down one with Rex.

I was like please do not fuck it up!
    I think the plan was to remaster it and just have Rex re-record the bass lines, not have the band re-do the whole thing. Todd Strange is credited on the album but I've heard that Kirk Weinstein actually played all the bass parts and Todd was only added for live shows.

Comment

Originally posted by The Butt View Post
      Doesn't change the fact that NOLA was still a great CD.
      You'll get no argument from me about that!

Comment

Originally posted by VikingChrist View Post
        I think the plan was to remaster it and just have Rex re-record the bass lines, not have the band re-do the whole thing. Todd Strange is credited on the album but I've heard that Kirk Weinstein actually played all the bass parts and Todd was only added for live shows.
        Thats right, they are going to remaster it and let Rex re-record the bass lines, so it can't turn out that bad I think.
        http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

Originally posted by paul hill View Post
          I heard they was gonna re-record Down one with Rex.

I was like please do not fuck it up!
          I think the album is fine as-is, though I wouldn't mind hearing Rex's take on those basslines.

Even if they do fuck it up, the old one still exists.

Comment

Well, it's been a while since I first started this thread and I'm still listening to NOLA. I like it enough that I plan to put Down II on my buylist for 2009.

#4 Rehab, #8 Jail, #10 Stone the Crow and #12 Swan Song are now among my favorites on the album.

I appreciate your comments.
            How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
            --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Nola is one of my favorite albums of all time! I was introduced to Down with III and you could image when I went back to Nola I was in shock at the vocal performance.

Anyone listen to the EPs they have done? I really like EP 1 from 2012. Its very doom and less southern but it is definitely the best thing they have released since Nola. Still looking forward to the next 2 EPs but who knows if those will ever come out. Its supposed to be a 4 part thing.

Comment

Wow!! How fun to see an 11 year old post of mine resurface. 2008. What a trip!!

When Dio died in 2010 (gee whiz, even that was 9 1/2 years ago), his son Dan Padavona gave a speech at his memorial (yes, I was there in person), and in it he mentioned several bands that RJD also liked and appreciated, which included Down. I always have liked Down. More than Pantera.
                How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
                --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                X