Danzig: Any fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danzig: Any fans?

Hey all, I have a chance to see Danzig live on Feb. 16 and wondered what you think of these guys. This a new band for me, but what I've heard, I've liked. I have no idea about the current band lineup. For all I know, it's a bunch of retreads with some dude named Danzig.

So, what say you? Should I plunk down the $30 to go see them?
    How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
    --Benjamin Franklin

i saw him/them once. It was HYSTERICAL... but I don't think it was meant to be... Either way it was a fun evening.

Comment

I quite like the 3 first albums, and to a lesser extent also the 4th one, but after that it all went downhill I'm afraid.
      http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Kenneth View Post
        I quite like the 3 first albums, and to a lesser extent also the 4th one, but after that it all went downhill I'm afraid.
        I agree with Kenneth's sentiment. I saw them live once, right before the 4th album came out. They were riding high on the popularity of "Mother" and they had already fired Biscuits. It was a good show. They were never the same once Danzig pushed the original guys out of the band and tried to go in a more electronic direction. I think his voice is sort of fried now, too, based on some live stuff that I've heard from recent years (although I could have just heard some bad recordings).

Comment

The first 3 albums are great. I even find the stuff left off the albums that time to be better than what he did after 4.

Comment

i listened to his first album and it was fantastic!!!!.... then i listened to a newer album 'blackacidevil' and i hated it!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Kenneth View Post

Agreed,love his third album & some of the 4th album was ok but after that it's all down hill.Check out his stuff with the Misfits-Green hell/Halloween/Die My Darling.

Comment

I like the 1st, & love the 4th album. Not much of a fan of the rest.
                The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

I like all of his albums. his 8th album is the heaviest. 2 is the best. i have seen him live 10 times and it gets better each time. he cant sing like he used to , because he is 54, but he puts on a great show.

Comment

I really liked the first three albums.
                    www.reverbnation.com/sungod4

www.facebook/curseofdisobedience

www.reverbnation.com/clawhammer1 and www.reverbnation.com/blackmountainthunder

Comment

For those who would like to hear something different by Glenn Danzig, I'd advise you to try to find a copy of dark classical music solo project "Black Aria". No lyrics, just music, but some awsome music !
                      Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
                      "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

His best album was How the Gods Kill and the best muysic he made was album 1-4 as Danzig. Remember he was the orginal singer fore the Misfits and had his next band Samyham ( sorry but is spelled wrong ). Yes I would pay $30 to see him and have seen him about 4 times. Each show was great, but the older songs are still the best and overshadow the new material.

Comment

Thanks for all your comments. Unfortunately, I've been so busy with work, Feb. 16th came and went I and never saw Danzig. Maybe next time.
                          How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
                          --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The new Danzig album Deth Red Sabaoth is coming out in a couple of days time, so I thought this was a good time to revive this thread. I haven't liked any of the last couple of albums, but the 2 songs I've heard from Deth Red Sabaoth sounds like it could be a return to form of sorts. Danzig's voice certainly sounds a lot better than it has in a long time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MREBq...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qdeN...eature=related

Anyone else planning on picking this up?
                            http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

^ Yea, Kenneth, you just beat me to it, on posting this. I hadn't noticed this thread before (not even when I wrote my thread on The Misfits), and was just about to post the info on Danzig's latest disc.

Anyway, I'm a big Danzig fan. And while I agree with the fan majority that regards the first 3-4 Danzig albums to be arguably the band's finest, I gotta say, however, that I really like some of the rest that came later. I was not the least turned off (as many fans were), for example, by the very 'industrial' direction that Danzig was intent on taking, and duly did, on his later material. I definitely dig discs like '5-Blackacidevil', '6:66-Satan's Child' , and Circle of Snakes. They are all pretty good, in their own right.

I'm definitely gonna get the latest one, Deth Red Sabaoth AND a live album of theirs I've never heard--Live on Black Hand Side.

Btw, more than a year on, Franklin, whether you have watched Danzig since, I wonder if you still like them or if you have bought a few Danzig albums, already??
                              "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Working...
                              X