best band of the 70's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best band of the 70's

70's is my fav music decade and it was a lot of bands best period. so who do you think is the best band of the 70's.
    i will give you 10 names but don't vote if you think it's some other band and name which one (I won't include sabbath cos i know they would win here and also rainbow for that matter)

best 70's band imo is queen
    Queen
    4.92%
    Led Zeppelin
    40.98%
    AC/DC
    8.20%
    Deep Purple
    21.31%
    Scorpions
    3.28%
    The Who
    1.64%
    Judas Priest
    9.84%
    Uriah Heep
    1.64%
    Blue Oyster Cult
    4.92%
    Thin Lizzy
    3.28%
    Last edited by innuendo; 05-27-2009, 07:46 AM.

Lizzy of course, thou I like DP, Priest and Zeppelin very much too. 70īs produced lots of immortal legends, and also some bands that didnt get the attention thay deserved too (atleast compare todays shitty metal bands, that sound all the same).
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Deep Purple for me. They are my favourite band outside Black Sabbath.
      http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

Lizzy of course, thou I like DP and Priest very much too. And Zeppelin has some gr8 material too, but hasnt grabbed me the way many others have. 70īs produced some immortal legends (like all the bands on this poll) and some bands that didnt get the attention they deserved (atleast compared to modern days shitty metal bands, that sound all the same).
        "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
        "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
        "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Deep Purple. And since they were only there for the first half of the decade, then were succeeded by Rainbow, I think it's safe to tack Rainbow onto them as their rightful "continuation".

Uriah Heep gets 2nd. Sorry LZ fans, I just don't get into Zeppelin much.
          "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Well shit. I didn't realize we weren't supposed to vote if our pick wasn't there. Where the hell is sabbath?
            "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

Originally posted by WarningRules View Post
              Well shit. I didn't realize we weren't supposed to vote if our pick wasn't there. Where the hell is sabbath?
              read my first post

Comment

Originally posted by innuendo View Post
                read my first post
                ...then this whole thing is completely void. If you want them to vote for their favorite band, and you deliberately discluded Sabbath because you said they'd win, then I don't see what the point of this poll is
                "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

You left out several bands that are up there with the best of them. Why exclude Rush and Triumph...

Out of the ones listed I'd choose Judas Priest, easily, otherwise I'd choose Triumph

Comment

SCORPIONS!!!!!!!

Fly to the Rainbow and In Trance <3
                    Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

I only really care for Sabbath tbh (As well as Priest, albeit to a much lesser extent).

Comment

Queen
                        Led Zeppelin
                        AC/DC
                        Deep Purple
                        Scorpions
                        Judas Priest
                        Blue Oyster Cult
                        Thin Lizzy

I like all these, but just for fun, I'll pick Blue Oyster Cult.

EDIT: Scratch that, I accidentally voted for Thin Lizzy.
                        "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

I voted Zep but really if you're gonna do a poll like this & include YOUR favorite band, you shouldn't exclude others because you think people will vote for them...

Too many great bands/ acts aren't aren't on the list... Van Halen, Rush, Nugent, Aerosmith, ZZ Top, KISS, Skynyrd, The Faces, UFO...

Comment

i would put many other bands but i could only put 10 choices in this poll

Comment

BOC, there level of creativity is truely amazing. I particularly enjoy the song "7 Screaming Diz Busters"
                              http://wickedinquisition.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X