Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

New awaited releases of 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deep Purple and Blue Oyster Cult are overdue for albums in my opinion.

However, I think the greatest album of 2010 is probably something none of us can see coming.

Comment

Pentagram - The Last Rites
      Deep Purple
      Iron Maiden
      Cathedral
      Ozzy

and others I am not aware which ones are lined up for a release?
      http://www.facebook.com/cosmicchants
      https://soundcloud.com/cosmicchants
      http://www.myspace.com/cosmicchants

Comment

Hawkwind ~ The Crystal Entity
        >>TECHNICIÄNS ÖF SPÅCE
        SHIP EÅRTH THIS IS
        YÖÜR CÄPTÅIN SPEÄKING
        YÖÜR ØÅPTÅIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

I'm really look forward to the new releases of:
          Asia
          Jeff Lynne
          Van Halen

Comment

Not really aware of a whole lot slated for 2010, but one album I've been waiting a LONG time for is the latest from ...

HIGH ON FIRE--due out in Jan or Feb--should be awesome

Anything new with Dio on it would be awesome as well

New Jon Oliva's Pain

And the Festivals of the wicked dvd from Iced Earth--I don't know whatever happened to that

Exodus--atrocity exibit b

can't think of anything else right now.
            And if the sun never shined on us, the night time has fruit of the vine High on Fire-Brother in the Wind

Comment

So far, the only album I can think of off the top of my head is the new Anthrax as mentioned before. Although to be perfectly honest, I'm looking forward to new stuff with John Bush. With Joey not interested in making a record and Dan Nelson not working out, it seems like the only logical move at this point.

Oh, since we're on the subject, just remembered there's a new Armored Saint album due this year too.

Comment

New Maiden Demons and Wizards and OZZY.

Comment

The Sword

Stone Temple Pilots

Comment

Originally posted by danmac View Post
                    Exodus--atrocity exibit b
                    It's been announced in Exodus' official website that the 'subtitle' of the above album is 'The Human Condition'. Also, let's not forget Exodus' monster DVD release, due just days from now!

Ted

Comment

Tobias Sammet's Avantasia: dual release "The Wicked Symphony" and "The Angel Of Babylon" on april 3rd. should be great with the following list of people performing on the albums:

The list of guest musicians on this album reads like a who-is-who of the international Rock and Metal scene: Bruce Kulick (ex-KISS, ex-Meat Loaf, GFR), Klaus Meine (Scorpions), Ripper Owens (ex-Judas Priest), Michael Kiske (ex-Helloween), Jorn Lande (Masterplan), Russell Allen (Symphony X), Bob Catley (Magnum), Eric Singer (KISS), Jens Johansson (Stratovarius), Alex Holzwarth (Rhapsody), Felix Bohnke (Edguy), Producer Sascha Paeth (ex-Heavens Gate), Ralf Zdiarstek (Amitav), Cloudy Yang and Tobias on bass guitar and lead vocals.
                      i honestly can't wait....
                      Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read. - Frank Zappa

Comment

I'm updating my list:

Dream Evil - In The Night 25.01.
                        Scorpions - Sting In The Tail - 19.03.
                        Ratt - Infestation - 20.04.
                        Tarot - Gravity Of Light -tba
                        Axel Rudi Pell - tba
                        Dan Swanö - Odyssey EP remastered -tba
                        Symphony X -tba

Dark Tranquillity - We Are The Void - 03.03.
                        Winterwolf - Cycle Of The Werewolf - tba
                        Unleashed - As Yggdrasil Trembles - tba
                        Grave -tba
                        Morbid Angel - tba

Axel Rudi Pell - One Night Live - Live At The Rock Of Ages Festival 2009 - 22.02.
                        Primordial - All Empires Fall 2DVD - 01.03.
                        King Diamond - At The Graves 3DVD - 26.03.
                        Mercyful Fate 2DVD - tba
                        Judas Priest - British Steel 30th Anniversary Live + British Steel deluxe Edition - tba
                        Halford - Live Crucible 2DVD - tba
                        Amorphis - 20th Anniversary/Forging The Land Of Thousand Lakes Tour, Oulu - tba
                        Deathchain - Death Eternal/Cobra Tour, Jyväskylä - tba
                        Hypocrisy - Long Time...No Death/Live in Sofia, Bulgaria 27.02.2010 - tba
                        "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                          Scorpions - Sting In The Tail - 19.03.

I'm glad someone mentioned that - I guess I gotta get this one.

Comment

I'm looking forward most to the new Nevermore album. I would go with Iron Maiden and Rush at the top of the list if I knew for sure that they were releasing new material this year. I'm also excited for the King Diamond/Mercyful Fate DVD's. I can't wait to see what kind of footage is gonna be on those.

As for Anthrax i'm not sure what's going on with them. Are they gonna re-record the new one with John Bush on vocals? I might look forward to it a little if that's the case. But if they just release it the way it is with Dan Nelson on vocals then what's the point?

Anthrax has now turned into what Sabbath was in the mid 80s. Scott Ian always talked about what a huge influence they were on him. Now their career has gone the same path as Sabbath's did 25 years ago. So they were more than just an musical influence on them, they were a career management influence as well
                            Last edited by Sabbathfan78; 01-26-2010, 05:14 PM.
                            Nobody will ever let you know
                            When you ask the reason why
                            They just tell you that you're on your own
                            Fill your head all full of lies

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathfan78 View Post
                              As for Anthrax i'm not sure what's going on with them. Are they gonna re-record the new one with John Bush on vocals? I might look forward to it a little if that's the case. But if they just release it the way it is with Dan Nelson on vocals then what's the point?

Anthrax has now turned into what Sabbath was in the mid 80s. Scott Ian always talked about what a huge influence they were on him. Now their career has gone the same path as Sabbath's did 25 years ago. So they were more than just an musical influence on them, they were a career management influence as well
                              My understanding of the situation is Nelson felt he was unjustly fired from the band and was considering suing Anthrax (judging by an article posted on Blabbermouth back in July). If that's true, then most likely they will rerecord/rewrite the vocals. Again, this is assuming Bush does return to the band; aside from some one-off gigs, there's hasn't been any official announcements yet.

And it's funny you mentioned the Sabbath comparison Sabbathman. After reading that I thought the Belladonna reunion seemed to be similar to the Sabs circa 1990 (both bands' lineups were building good momentum at the time, ditched the current singer for a potentially lucrative reunion tour only to have the singer leave the band once again). But it's safe to say that Sabbath were more successful in a sense with Dehumanizer. Anthrax didn't seem to succeed as much when they fired John Bush.

Comment

I'm surprised no one has mention the new Overkill, which is coming out in a couple of weeks. I thought there were a few big Overkill fans on this board (I know Ray Rules was one, but he doesn't seem to be around much lately).

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to new discs by High On Fire and Dillinger Escape plan. I know there are more than I'm interested in, but they are slipping my mind right now. If new discs from Iron Maiden, Cephalic Carnage, Catherdal, Morbid Agnel, and Exodus are hitting the shelves this year (as mentioned in this thread), I will be buying them. I know that Saint Vitus were working on reissuing their early albums, but I haven't heard anything about the progress of that yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X