Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WarningRules
    replied
    This is true. I've listened to both albums through countless times, but TM-U got kind of boring for me after a while. Perhaps it was because it's short, maybe I listened to it too much. I don't know. But your'e right, TISFWO is the better of the two. Fucking A1, man.

Leave a comment:

• devilmaycare
    replied
    I LOVE 'TISFWO'... fucking incredible album... funky as all hell in the true sense of the word.

'TM-U' for me, isn't as good, but it's still better than most stuff out there!

Leave a comment:

• WarningRules
    replied
    Originally posted by devilmaycare View Post
    I knew that the States were an irony free zone. I didn't realize the land of their Northern neighbors was too.

If you read back through this thread. You'll see I'm a fan. That comment was aimed at the "rap is crap" crowd. So "pffft" yourself
    Oh stop. That wasn't meant as an offensive comment towards you, it was meant as a... Well, I'm not really sure. I knew you were a fan, I read your comments. I knew that there was sarcasm, I just didn't know what level it was to, I guess? Anyway. Have you heard those albums? They're pretty fucking epic.

Leave a comment:

• devilmaycare
    replied
    Originally posted by WarningRules View Post
    Pfft. The Beastie Boys were an industrial band before they ever became rap anyway.
    I knew that the States were an irony free zone. I didn't realize the land of their Northern neighbors was too.

If you read back through this thread. You'll see I'm a fan. That comment was aimed at the "rap is crap" crowd. So "pffft" yourself

Leave a comment:

• WarningRules
    replied
    Originally posted by devilmaycare View Post

Yes. The Beastie Boys can play instruments!!! Shock horror!!
    Pfft. The Beastie Boys were an industrial band before they ever became rap anyway.

Besides, they've already released 2 full length instrumental albums. You can check 'em out here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_In_...tie_Boys_album)

And here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mix-Up

Two great jazz albums. Well, kind of jazz, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Ady
    replied
    This is the weirdest Sabbath mashup I've heard yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WonWdTtFTg

Leave a comment:

• WarningRules
    replied
    they also took beats from Hendrix, the Beatles, and many others from an amazing song that's been broken down into many other small songs, entitled "B-Boys Bouillabaisse"

Leave a comment:

• Ady
    replied
    Of course, the Beastie Boys sampled the guitar riff from "Sweet Leaf", as well as the drum beat from Zeppelin's "When the Levee Breaks" on their song "Rhymin' and Stealin'": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIikcGo_dgU

I've seen them twice and they were thoroughly entertaining both times.

Leave a comment:

• Damian
    replied
    Originally posted by The Rules Mob View Post
    My mistake. I guess I wrongly read your post as pointing out qualities about the Beastie Boys which exacerbate the fact that you don't like their music, which includes the fact they (apparently) are Jews. You were just pointing out facts about them. Except I doubt they were actually members of a fraternity.

Please. No one's saying you can't mention religion at all, or in the context of discussing a Sabbath song. I'd just rather not read that you don't like people because of what church they attend, or don't. You can think whatever you want.

No you are not mistaken. Pointing out they are Jewish is fine. Calling them Jews is also ok here. But saying you have ANOTHER reason to HATE someone when pointing out their religion is NOT ok. It plainly makes it appear as if being Jewish is one of the reasons you hate them.

In any case, rather than close this thread, which still has merit, lets drop religion immediately from this point on. Any further religious chat on this topic WILL NOT be tolerated. Don't bitch about how you didn't start it when you get banned, this is your warning, lets just forget it and move on please!

D.

Leave a comment:

• mythology
    replied
    Why has this been moved?

It was about interesting versions/mash-ups of Ozzy-era Sabbath songs?

Leave a comment:

• The Rules Mob
    replied
    Originally posted by erock View Post
    ...thats what they are. i wasn't discussing religion, and if you want to go that far to say you can't say anything in reference to religion, then there is certain Sabbath songs we cannot talk about either.
    My mistake. I guess I wrongly read your post as pointing out qualities about the Beastie Boys which exacerbate the fact that you don't like their music, which includes the fact they (apparently) are Jews. You were just pointing out facts about them. Except I doubt they were actually members of a fraternity.

Please. No one's saying you can't mention religion at all, or in the context of discussing a Sabbath song. I'd just rather not read that you don't like people because of what church they attend, or don't. You can think whatever you want.

Leave a comment:

• erock
    replied
    Originally posted by The Rules Mob View Post
    I thought we weren't supposed to discuss religion on these boards? That is why you initially pointed it out, right? Because it has some relevance to the music?
    ...thats what they are. i wasn't discussing religion, and if you want to go that far to say you can't say anything in reference to religion, then there is certain Sabbath songs we cannot talk about either. [COLOR="silver"]

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

Originally posted by mythology View Post
    Last one honestly:

http://viprhealthcare.typepad.com/Ma...ta_Sabbath.mp3

A zeppelin~sabbath mash-up.
    now this is cool!
    Last edited by erock; 01-08-2010, 03:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mythology
    replied
    How could you forget. 'Locust Abortion Technician' a great LP. I'll have to dig it out haven't played it for about 10 years.

Leave a comment:

• crazydude1992
    replied
    Hey, remember Butthole Surfers vs Black Sabbath.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYGoougMHSQ

Leave a comment:

• The Rules Mob
    replied
    Originally posted by erock View Post
    what? that is the truth...
    I thought we weren't supposed to discuss religion on these boards? That is why you initially pointed it out, right? Because it has some relevance to the music?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X