Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Was The Last Concert Ticket You Bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Was The Last Concert Ticket You Bought?

A similar topic like the album purchases topic, let's list latest concert ticket purchases here. Or purchases you are planning to do.

Excluding the powerful U.D.O. concert me and my friend went to see back in late January in Turku (we even met Udo Dirkschneider outside the venue!), I've now started "booking" some concerts for myself for 2010.

The closest "concert" is just another jamming night at the local rock pub this Wednesday, but the special quest is Taage Laiho, a wonderful vocalist indeed, of Kilpi fame. Customer lineups will play throughout the night, Taage will deliver the main bulk of the vocals. Of course, able customers can also sing when Taage takes a break. A nice venue and a chance to sip a few beers, good music blasting loud!

May 15th will bring a great night for my hometown's new music venue: Monsters Of Cover! It features three cover bands, 2 of them from my hometown, one of them from Vaasa: the headliner MetallicatS and my friend's band Live Wire from Seinajoki and Made In Iron from Vaasa opening the night. Should be a good trio of shows indeed! Live Wire is even planning to bring some small (hopefully not Spinal Tap-esque small) cannons on stage...

June 1st me and my old friend will go to Tampere stadium for the big bell & guns again...AC/DC!!!

Today I purchased 3 tickets for myself and my friend:

The Finnish heavy metal legends Tarot
    - Tampere, March 31st
    - Seinšjoki, April 3rd

Heaven & Hell, Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden
    - Sonisphere, Pori, August 8th

I guess I will have to get the 3-day ticket to the Tuska Open Air Metal Festival as well, so many great bands there...Megadeth, Tarot, Hypocrisy, Nile...etc. Maybe this year's Jalometalli Festival in Oulu is one of my choices too, with bands like Carcass, Dream Evil and Demilich...we'll see.

So, what are your recent concert ticket purchases or the concerts you are planning/wanting to experience this year?
    Last edited by Sabbathman; 02-22-2010, 09:12 AM.
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

so far i'm only going to see deep purple in june

Comment

The last tix I BOUGHT were for Slayer/Megadeth/Testament which are now worthless. The last tix I GOT were free ( I won them) for David Allan Coe--great show BTW.
      And if the sun never shined on us, the night time has fruit of the vine High on Fire-Brother in the Wind

Comment

Deep Purple coming to Lisbon!

Comment

I'll most likely go to see Deep Purple in Turku next summer...Haven't gotten the ticket yet though...

Don't know how long these guys will go on and I think everyone should catch Purple atleast once in a life time.

I'm still bit unsure about the Sonisphere thing...the ticket is soooo expensive and it would be a long drive to take too...but then again it is Sabbath...

Comment

My most recent one is Ray Davies on 3/17 - Also going to see Solitude Aeturnus on 2/27 at the Ridglea in Ft. Worth. last show I saw was Paul Dianno on 2/14 very fun watching him sing the old Maiden tunes. Can't wait to see what all will be coming to Dallas this Summer - Hoping the Rob Zombie / Alice Cooper tour comes here.
            At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Comment

Originally posted by danmac View Post
              The last ticket I bought were for Slayer/Megadeth/Testament...
              ...which are now more awesome because it's only Megadeth and Slayer and they were rescheduled on a warmer day.
              "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Last tickets I bought were for Mastodon, High on Fire, and Dethklok. However I will soon be purchasing tickets to see Pentagram.
                http://wickedinquisition.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 8bit Fighter View Post
                  ...which are now more awesome because it's only Megadeth and Slayer and they were rescheduled on a warmer day.
                  I'm glad for you 8bit, but I'm not that lucky, ATL show wasn't rescheduled. Instead we're getting Megadeth/testament without Slayer
                  And if the sun never shined on us, the night time has fruit of the vine High on Fire-Brother in the Wind

Comment

I guesse the last ticket I bought was Megadeth R.I.P. tour. I will be there on the 23rd!
                    www.reverbnation.com/sungod4

www.facebook/curseofdisobedience

www.reverbnation.com/clawhammer1 and www.reverbnation.com/blackmountainthunder

Comment

ZZ Top will headline the Puistoblues Festival in Jarvenpaa on Saturday 3rd of July...could be a great journey to go see the little ol' boogie band from Texas first, then to Helsinki Tuska Festival on Sunday 4th of July to see Megadeth R.I.P. show and few others...

Damnably great options to be considered for this summer.
                      "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Heaven and Hell in Cincinnati. Probably be the last unless I can see them again, or Ozzy.
                        Life Member of the NRA

Comment

The Slayer show trhat was cancled.

Comment

When I get home and am back on a secure line, I plan to buy some or all of the following (depending on prior commitments):

Mar. 17 Fates Warning
                            Mar. 23 Kreator
                            Apr. 20 Overkill
                            May 26 Sodom
                            How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
                            --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Heaven and Hell, Detroit, 2009.
                              He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

Working...
                              X