• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devilmaycare View Post
    ... i liked Jackie Fox!

I'm with you - she was smokin'

Comment

I like the Runaways, I enjoyed watching some of their old videos on YouTube, I saw the movie which was pretty good.

There is also a documentary movie about them which is also pretty good, it's called Edgeplay: A Film About The Runaways, here is the for the movie for anyone who is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6kx...L&index=3&t=0s

I tried posting the video instead of link, but I guess the video posting issue hasn't been fixed, it shows a black square.
      Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 06-08-2019, 07:02 AM.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
        I like the Runaways, I enjoyed watching some of their old videos on YouTube, I saw the movie which was pretty good.

There is also a documentary movie about them which is also pretty good, it's called Edgeplay: A Film About The Runaways, here is the for the movie for anyone who is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6kx...L&index=3&t=0s

I tried posting the video instead of link, but I guess the video posting issue hasn't been fixed, it shows a black square.

I have seen both movies and i agree that they are pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kennyz View Post
          I have seen both movies and i agree that they are pretty good.
          Sandy West on Edgeplay was extremely sad, I felt for her, especially when she said with a lump in her throat "why couldn't they do a reunion, why couldn't they do it for me?" I get emotional just typing these words.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Sandy West on Edgeplay was extremely sad, I felt for her, especially when she said with a lump in her throat "why couldn't they do a reunion, why couldn't they do it for me?" I get emotional just typing these words.
            Yes,and sad that she got into such big drugproblems.

Comment

I'd like to see a Suzi Quatro movie...She gets no credit for trailblazing on so many levels. Never made it in the states, even after being on Happy Days...might've hurt more than helped her career.

Comment

Originally posted by Kennyz View Post
                Yes,and sad that she got into such big drugproblems.
                Yes very sad.

Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
                I'd like to see a Suzi Quatro movie...She gets no credit for trailblazing on so many levels. Never made it in the states, even after being on Happy Days...might've hurt more than helped her career.
                I remember first seeing Suzi Quatro on Happy Days playing Pinky Tuscadero's sister, Leather Tuscadero.

Comment

Yes very sad.

I remember first seeing Suzi Quatro on Happy Days playing Pinky Tuscadero's sister, Leather Tuscadero.
                  Yeah, that's all any of us here ever saw her, at all.

On Happy Days she did "Devil Gate Drive" which as a young boy I always remember thinking wow...edgy "Devil" lyrics! Never forgot the song but never remembered to seek it out until this year and now it's on constant rotation.

Give Suzi a good long study and see if you don't hear literally EVERYTHING that came to exist after her in her offerings. You can hear Runaways, Joan (of course), Blondie, almost all of that 80's kind of generic female popstar with big hair stuff...

And Suzy plays Bass, how cool is that?

And guess who her drummer was early on?

Only Cozy Powell!

Comment

Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
                    Yeah, that's all any of us here ever saw her, at all.

On Happy Days she did "Devil Gate Drive" which as a young boy I always remember thinking wow...edgy "Devil" lyrics! Never forgot the song but never remembered to seek it out until this year and now it's on constant rotation.

Give Suzi a good long study and see if you don't hear literally EVERYTHING that came to exist after her in her offerings. You can hear Runaways, Joan (of course), Blondie, almost all of that 80's kind of generic female popstar with big hair stuff...

And Suzy plays Bass, how cool is that?

And guess who her drummer was early on?

Only Cozy Powell!
                    Thank you William, I will give her a listen, very cool she plays bass, I had a crush on Suzi when I was young because of Happy Days.

Never knew Cozy Powell played with her, now that is the coolest!

Suzi was big in Australia, so I hear.

Comment

Working...
                    X