X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
    Yeah, that's all any of us here ever saw her, at all.

On Happy Days she did "Devil Gate Drive" which as a young boy I always remember thinking wow...edgy "Devil" lyrics! Never forgot the song but never remembered to seek it out until this year and now it's on constant rotation.

Give Suzi a good long study and see if you don't hear literally EVERYTHING that came to exist after her in her offerings. You can hear Runaways, Joan (of course), Blondie, almost all of that 80's kind of generic female popstar with big hair stuff...

And Suzy plays Bass, how cool is that?

And guess who her drummer was early on?

Only Cozy Powell!
    Thank you William, I will give her a listen, very cool she plays bass, I had a crush on Suzi when I was young because of Happy Days.

Never knew Cozy Powell played with her, now that is the coolest!

Suzi was big in Australia, so I hear.

Leave a comment:

• William_the_Bloody
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Yes very sad.

I remember first seeing Suzi Quatro on Happy Days playing Pinky Tuscadero's sister, Leather Tuscadero.
    Yeah, that's all any of us here ever saw her, at all.

On Happy Days she did "Devil Gate Drive" which as a young boy I always remember thinking wow...edgy "Devil" lyrics! Never forgot the song but never remembered to seek it out until this year and now it's on constant rotation.

Give Suzi a good long study and see if you don't hear literally EVERYTHING that came to exist after her in her offerings. You can hear Runaways, Joan (of course), Blondie, almost all of that 80's kind of generic female popstar with big hair stuff...

And Suzy plays Bass, how cool is that?

And guess who her drummer was early on?

Only Cozy Powell!

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Kennyz View Post
    Yes,and sad that she got into such big drugproblems.
    Yes very sad.

Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
    I'd like to see a Suzi Quatro movie...She gets no credit for trailblazing on so many levels. Never made it in the states, even after being on Happy Days...might've hurt more than helped her career.
    I remember first seeing Suzi Quatro on Happy Days playing Pinky Tuscadero's sister, Leather Tuscadero.

Leave a comment:

• William_the_Bloody
    replied
    I'd like to see a Suzi Quatro movie...She gets no credit for trailblazing on so many levels. Never made it in the states, even after being on Happy Days...might've hurt more than helped her career.

Leave a comment:

• Kennyz
    replied
    Sandy West on Edgeplay was extremely sad, I felt for her, especially when she said with a lump in her throat "why couldn't they do a reunion, why couldn't they do it for me?" I get emotional just typing these words.
    Yes,and sad that she got into such big drugproblems.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Kennyz View Post
    I have seen both movies and i agree that they are pretty good.
    Sandy West on Edgeplay was extremely sad, I felt for her, especially when she said with a lump in her throat "why couldn't they do a reunion, why couldn't they do it for me?" I get emotional just typing these words.

Leave a comment:

• Kennyz
    replied
    I like the Runaways, I enjoyed watching some of their old videos on YouTube, I saw the movie which was pretty good.

There is also a documentary movie about them which is also pretty good, it's called Edgeplay: A Film About The Runaways, here is the for the movie for anyone who is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6kx...L&index=3&t=0s

I tried posting the video instead of link, but I guess the video posting issue hasn't been fixed, it shows a black square.

I have seen both movies and i agree that they are pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    I like the Runaways, I enjoyed watching some of their old videos on YouTube, I saw the movie which was pretty good.

There is also a documentary movie about them which is also pretty good, it's called Edgeplay: A Film About The Runaways, here is the for the movie for anyone who is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6kx...L&index=3&t=0s

I tried posting the video instead of link, but I guess the video posting issue hasn't been fixed, it shows a black square.
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 06-08-2019, 07:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AngryHeart
    replied
    Originally posted by devilmaycare View Post
    ... i liked Jackie Fox!

I'm with you - she was smokin'

Leave a comment:

• kamikazetom
    replied
    I would have liked to have seen the movie be a bit more realistic in some ways - didn't like the whole pissing on the guitars bit & would have liked to have seen the movie show the interactions of the band with some of the other touring bands that were on the bills with them (the Ramones, Cheap Trick) have you ever seen Jackie Fox's website - she had a blog where she told Runaways stories in it & did come out against a lot of the stuff the Cherie Currie had put in her book - there are some funny stories in it on Cheap Trick & some of the other bands that the Runaways played with - heres a link if you want to read some of her stories -
    http://runawaysstories.blogspot.com/...1_archive.html

Leave a comment:

• devilmaycare
    replied
    I think you're taking the libelous thing far too seriously & literally to be honest. I don't expect to be sued by anyone. Jesus!

It seems you've taken your Libel 101 textbook, dictionary & thesaurus to posts that don't really deserve the dissection you've given them. "By all accounts" is just a figure of speech, I'm not implying anything. I don't know if some of the stories I've heard are false or not, I said quite clearly that I know a couple of them are fact, or at least according to one person's view.

I was just saying that there's some widely circulated stories involving the Runaways that would take this story WAAAAAY beyond a PG movie... and that someone confirmed a couple of the "legends" to me.

That's all.

Leave a comment:

• The Rules Mob
    replied
    My mistake, I'm sorry. Your post #6 above doesn't suggest you know false stories, but true ones (that's my understanding of what "by all accounts" and "from the horse's mouth" implies, anyways).

Since the girls in the Runaways are all somewhat famous, being the subject of a movie and all, there'd be a couple other hurdles to your getting hit for libel, by the way. Doesn't really matter under the circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• devilmaycare
    replied
    I know what I meant. And I said what I meant.

As I said. There are stories out there. A couple I've heard from sources who would know. The others... Who knows..? So POSSIBLY LIBELOUS covers it nicely. Thanks.

Either way. I'm not getting into them here.

Leave a comment:

• The Rules Mob
    replied
    Originally posted by devilmaycare View Post
    Those stories? Not suitable for a family oriented forum like this... And possibly very libelous!
    That would mean they're false. I suspect you mean you'd be publicly disclosing embarrassing private facts. I think you'd be still be OK, since the facts are arguably of legitimate public interest. Or maybe I just mean I'm interested. In any event, fire away.

Leave a comment:

• devilmaycare
    replied
    Originally posted by DiosSword View Post
    My guess as to why the movie wasn't more explicit is that Dakota Fanning is still underage.
    They could have cast somebody else. I didn't want or expect a more sexually explicit movie... Just something edgier...
    Last edited by devilmaycare; 04-20-2010, 07:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X