Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Hang Cool Teddy Bear" (Meatloaf's new album)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hang Cool Teddy Bear" (Meatloaf's new album)

Hey y'all. Well I just bought Meatloaf's new album called "Hang Cool Teddy Bear" and I really liked it. A good mix of different styles of music that Meatloaf does well. Only 2 minor gripes for me. There's a couple of ballads but one of them is really bland, slow and boring. Secondly, I really hate when artists deliberately put crude lyrics in their songs. I kind of cringe hearing Meatloaf sing:

"I can hardly keep my dick in my pants"

Not very classy stuff but thankfully there's only a couple of these indiscretions. But as I said, a really good album overall.

Anyone else got this album?

I'll have to give it a listen before buying it. I was pretty disappointed by "Bat Out of Hell III".
    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
    "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

Originally posted by Gardener View Post
      I'll have to give it a listen before buying it. I was pretty disappointed by "Bat Out of Hell III".

In the liner notes, there's an interview where Meatloaf talks about BOOH3. And he admits that it was a lame album and was motivated by all the wrong reasons, including commerical pressure. He says that he'll never do a Bat 4 album. So I understand your sentiment.

But yeah, sample it first on youtube or other before buying if you're weary. That's what I did with Gillan's latest solo album. And I found it very bland and uninspiring. So tell me if you do like it if you do happen to sample it.
      Last edited by WheelsOfConfusion; 04-26-2010, 03:59 AM.

Comment

I've just listened to a few tracks on Youtube, and it seems to be a really nice album. "Running Away from Me" is awesome and "California Isn't Big Enough" has this "50's vibe" I enjoy so much in Meat Loaf. From what I heard so far, I'd say it could be his best album since "Bat Out of Hell II".

It just got added to my "To buy" list, thank you for the heads up
        Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.

Comment

I've just listened to a few tracks on Youtube, and it seems to be a really nice album. "Running Away from Me" is awesome and "California Isn't Big Enough" has this "50's vibe" I enjoy so much in Meat Loaf. From what I heard so far, I'd say it could be his best album since "Bat Out of Hell II".

It just got added to my "To buy" list, thank you for the heads up

Hey no problem. I hope you enjoy the rest of the album.

Comment

Originally posted by WheelsOfConfusion View Post
            He says that he'll never do a Bat 4 album.

Yeah... we'll see...

Putting the words "Bat Out Of Hell" on his albums adds a million or two to the sales... Just give people enough time to forget the dog that was Bat 3 & I'm sure Bat 4 will raise it's little furry ears!

Comment

Originally posted by WheelsOfConfusion View Post
              I kind of cringe hearing Meatloaf sing:

"I can hardly keep my dick in my pants"
              Really? This doesn't sound like a Meat Loaf lyric at all. What exactly inspired this? Usually in his song's the innuendo is done more creatively. I haven't really cared much for his last few albums. 'Couldn't Have Said It Better' and 'Bat 3' were not good at all except for a few songs. I wasn't aware he had anyting new out. I'll check out some of the songs and hear what it's like though.
              Nobody will ever let you know
              When you ask the reason why
              They just tell you that you're on your own
              Fill your head all full of lies

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathfan78 View Post
                Really? This doesn't sound like a Meat Loaf lyric at all. What exactly inspired this? Usually in his song's the innuendo is done more creatively.
                Yeah, that's a little embarassing, and it's not even stuck somewhere in one of the couplets : it's the first sentence of the chorus in "California Isn't Big Enough" !

Comment

Yeah, that's a little embarassing, and it's not even stuck somewhere in one of the couplets : it's the first sentence of the chorus in "California Isn't Big Enough" !
                  That's intresting. Maybe he's trying to do something new with his image. I don't really see the point though. The guy is in his early 60s now I think, why try and change it up at this point? Plus, a good portion of his fanbase are moms over 40 and I can't really see them singing along to a line like that at all. Oh well, i'll give him credit for trying to be a bit different this time around.
                  Nobody will ever let you know
                  When you ask the reason why
                  They just tell you that you're on your own
                  Fill your head all full of lies

Comment

Gotta miss the days of sex, and drums, and rock and roll
                    http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathfan78 View Post
                      That's intresting. Maybe he's trying to do something new with his image. I don't really see the point though. The guy is in his early 60s now I think, why try and change it up at this point? Plus, a good portion of his fanbase are moms over 40 and I can't really see them singing along to a line like that at all. Oh well, i'll give him credit for trying to be a bit different this time around.

I managed to get into my forties without being a "mom" And will sing along with gusto.

I really believe this is the first tme Meat Loaf has been unleashed in the studio to take his rock where he's always wanted to take it? Guitar heavy, and really very different from the Steinman sound that the labels have always pushed him down. So he's changed his style because it's always been the vision he's had in his head, and used a number of younger writers, hence the rather different lyrics. I think it's fresh, a new sound and I like it. Vocals are the best he's produced for years. Sound more like a live performance than a studio album. Big sound.

WildOne

Comment

Brilliant! I've been spinning this album since it came out. A catchy, fun bunch of songs that are perfect for a long drive. Highly recommend to old and new Meat Loaf fans alike.
                        ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Working...
                        X