Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ozzyandharriet
    replied
    Terrible news. Rest In Peace. First Elevators album I got was the “Live” album with studio outtakes and overdubbed applause. Fan ever since.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    R.I.P. Roky.

Leave a comment:

• maestro
    replied
    Originally posted by kamikazetom View Post
    Sad news - I just heard that Roky Erickson has passed away today. I always though he was a great musician and he had one of the best Rock voices of all time. Obituary - https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...225808855.html
    Sad sad news. I didnít hear this until now. It was not reported that much. Truly a loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• kamikazetom
    replied
    Sad news - I just heard that Roky Erickson has passed away today. I always though he was a great musician and he had one of the best Rock voices of all time. Obituary - https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...225808855.html

Leave a comment:

• sellingmysoul
    replied
    Good news!!!

Leave a comment:

• mythology
    replied
    This is the best news I have heard in a long time - I wonder who they will have playing guitar (to replace the late Stacy Sutherland) I know Billy Gibbons has sat in on Roky's live sets in the past so would be cool if he would play the reunion show. From what I have heard it's only for the Austin Levitation festival but I hope they will play some more dates (really hoping for a Dallas show) - Definitely going to have to go to the Austin show. This is one reunion that no one thought would ever happen.
    Yep if you've seen the "your gonna miss me" doc you would not have thought this would happen.

Leave a comment:

• jstheconqueror
    replied
    Originally posted by mythology View Post
    Unbelievable.

The best psychedelic band and one of my favourite bands ever.

Nice to see Tommy Hall is part of it as we'll get the electric jug playing.
    That is all that matters. Cant have the elevators without an electric jug. That is gotta be the craziest sound I have ever heard in my life. I wish I lived in Texas just to see this show but I am so very far away.

Leave a comment:

• kamikazetom
    replied
    This is the best news I have heard in a long time - I wonder who they will have playing guitar (to replace the late Stacy Sutherland) I know Billy Gibbons has sat in on Roky's live sets in the past so would be cool if he would play the reunion show. From what I have heard it's only for the Austin Levitation festival but I hope they will play some more dates (really hoping for a Dallas show) - Definitely going to have to go to the Austin show. This is one reunion that no one thought would ever happen.

Leave a comment:

• mythology
    replied
    Unbelievable.

The best psychedelic band and one of my favourite bands ever.

Nice to see Tommy Hall is part of it as we'll get the electric jug playing.

Leave a comment:

• jstheconqueror
    replied
    Apparently they are reuniting after almost 50 years. They're doing a big tour! Love this band and Roky! http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/0...e-in-48-years/

Leave a comment:

• KHH
    replied
    The Evil One is an absolute masterpiece.
    The way he sings, the way those little melodies take their own bumpy road, the way the same lyrics over and over again are sung with such variation... brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• kamikazetom
    replied
    I was searching Austin City Limits site & came accros the show Roky did back in 2008 - Has Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top sitting in on guitar - Roky's set starts around 23 minutes in (After Kings of Leon)
    http://video.pbs.org/video/1350234586/

Leave a comment:

• Prog Garage
    replied
    Oh yeah, not really a fan of their garage stuff. It's very good in it's own way, but it's a little too dated and just plain isn't my bag. There's a thousand other bands doing the exact same thing at the time - the Amboy Dukes and a bunch of others that don't come to mind right away. Really, if I explore this period of the genre at all, I stay away from the psychedelic stuff and listen more to early Kinks, some Paul Revere and Kingsmen, and that's pretty much it.

Leave a comment:

• Purgatory
    replied
    The HIM cover is pretty interesting do you know if this is just a live song or did they cover it on one of thier CD's?
    It's just a live recording,they do many cover songs live.

Leave a comment:

• mythology
    replied
    I find Roky's solo stuff a bit patchy, but you really cannot go wrong with 'Easter Everywhere'. If you are wondering what that strange sound is it's Tommy Hall (lyricist and philosopher) playing an electric jug!!

As Ozzy once sang:

Blow on a jug
    Everybody come on - blow on a jug
    Be like me and blow on a jug
    I want you to blow on a jug
    Everybody begin - blow on a jug

Maybe he was referring to the Elevators, but I doubt it :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X