Clear All

• Alice Cooper : Alice Does Alice

its a new EP album from Alice... songs are new versions of:
    01.Schools Out
    02.No More Mr Nice Guy
    03.Elected
    04.Eighteen
    05.Welcome To My Nightmare

He has recorded the entire songs again...
    whats your opinion about it?... do you think the new versions are better than the old ones?...

I like Alice Cooper; those are five cool tunes.

I've yet to hear this new EP. But I know I will, really soon. I'll post my take on the 'new' versions of these old classics, once I hear them.
    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Oh, this was a news flash to me and surprising one at that! Didn't even know about this until now, I knew he's been making his new studio album "The Night Shift" for a while...

Have to get this, Alice is one of my rock gods and he's already blown me away live twice...

ALICE = ROCK
      Last edited by Sabbathman; 06-02-2010, 01:12 PM.
      "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Those will be cool to hear. Except for 'School's Out' which is the most overatted song of his career. I would've re-recorded Billion Dollar Babies or one of his other hits that are way better than School's Out.

Also, did anyone else hear that Bob Ezrin and Alice are working together again!! They're suppose to be writting stuff for Alice's new album together. It seems 'The Night Shift' is being put on the backburner for now. The rumor going around is that they're working on a sequal to 'Welcome To My Nightmare'!!!
        Nobody will ever let you know
        When you ask the reason why
        They just tell you that you're on your own
        Fill your head all full of lies

Comment

I heard the Elected version (the one that is free to download) and boy, does it kick ass. Alice still kills it both inside the studio and out.

I'm also extremely excited to hear that Alice is working with Bob Ezrin again. His records with Ezrin sounded the best tonally and are the real Alice classics. Hopefully they strike that magic again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sahand View Post
            its a new EP album from Alice... songs are new versions of:
            01.Schools Out
            02.No More Mr Nice Guy
            03.Elected
            04.Eighteen
            05.Welcome To My Nightmare

He has recorded the entire songs again...
            whats your opinion about it?... do you think the new versions are better than the old ones?...
            I haven't heard these, but I doubt they can improve on the originals. Modern production, perhaps ... I'd love to hear the Killer album done again with modern production.

I saw Alice five times in the '70s and unfortunately haven't seen him since. I'd love to hear him do a project with Iommi/Butler

Comment

You haven't seen him since? I highly recommend you take the opportunity next time it presents himself. He comes around every year or two (tours six months out of the year) and the man still has it. Killer band, killer voice, killer performances (literally!).

Comment

I saw him last summer with BOC opening at the Ohio state fair and it was great. He played a 28 song set.

Comment

I bought the EP. Pretty cool. I also love his single Keeping Halloween Alive.

Comment

Except for Welcome To My Nightmare, anything after the original AC band never came close to his early material.
                    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                    R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                      Except for Welcome To My Nightmare, anything after the original AC band never came close to his early material.
                      Agreed. Can it be played better than Buxton, Dunaway, and Smith did? I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by AngryHeart View Post
                        Agreed. Can it be played better than Buxton, Dunaway, and Smith did? I doubt it.
                        True... there was a great article on the original band and the eventual breakup. It was in Guitar Player the issue that had Iommi on the cover (a few months back)! Anyway, the original band was great, great song writing. The article told of each band memebrs recalection of each album right up to Welcome TMN. There's the Alice Cooper band era, then there's the Alice Cooper with a backing band era...no comparo.
                        Last edited by Wicked Cricket; 07-13-2010, 01:57 PM.
                        "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                        R. Blackmore

Comment

What do you think of the tribute album coming out? i just hope the bands don't suck, so many wanted to participate that they made it a double album...hmmm

Alice Cooper tribute Album Article

Comment

Wicked Cricket wrote: Except for Welcome To My Nightmare, anything after the original AC band never came close to his early material.

Originally posted by AngryHeart View Post
                            Alice Cooper was a 5 Member band: Michael Bruce, Glen Buxton, Dennis Dunaway and Neal Smith, in addition to Alice. And IMO anything after the original band never came close to the ACG material.

Ted

Comment

I dont like his current direction... all albums up to trashed is really fucking brilliant, especially Welcome to my Nightmare, probably one of my favorite albums ever... But after trashed I think it just started going down for him.

He still puts on a good show tho, as he always have.

But to get on topic, I doubt very much that those will even come close to the original

Comment

Working...
                              X