Pentagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pentagram

This is an excellent band that I think every Sabbath fan should check out. Now, you must be careful, as there are a few different bands that go by the name Pentagram (go figure [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) The Pentagram that I am referring to is the one led by the great Metal vocalist Bobby Liebing. Also, be warned, I am only a fan of their original stuff (tunes from the 70s) the later (80s - today) stuff is not as good, but still decent (sounds more generic). The older songs sound like a cross between Blue Cheer (another totally radical band) and Black Sabbath. Check out the somewhat recenetly released compilation album titled: First Daze Here by Pentagram. It has a bunch of newly mixed tunes from when the band was around in the 70s. Some of the songs are truly awesome.

Anyone know of this band before reading this post? You opinions of the band (70s stuff)?

Re: Pentagram

Pentagram's pretty cool. I prefer the Relentless and Review Your Choices albums over First Daze Here, though.

Aside from your recomendation of First Daze Here, I'll recomend the compilation album Turn to Stone. It's a compilation of their first three studio albums: Relentless (from 1985), Day of Reckoning (from 1987), and Be Forwarned (from 1994). I'm recomending this comp because Relentless and Day of Reckoning are rare as all hell (but Be Forwarned is pretty easy to find on ebay), and Turn to Stone is much easier to find. I have Relentless, but I still haven't been able to track down Day of Reckoning.
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

Re: Pentagram

Relentless has an amazing track called 'Sign of the Wolf' that is absolutely kickass. Imagine old Sabbath as a Southern Rock band... some of which Sabbath used to tour with for a while to avoid situations with bands like VH.

Check out my VH comment in 'other bands'' VH thread about David Lee Roth becoming a paramedic.

Comment

I would like to know for those of you who like Pentagram, which album do you think is there best?

For me it’s Relentless, I should be getting Day Of Reckoning this week.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
          I would like to know for those of you who like Pentagram, which album do you think is there best?

For me it’s Relentless, I should be getting Day Of Reckoning this week.
          First is Day of Reckoning, Relentless is second.
          Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

Originally posted by Icy Sun View Post
            First is Day of Reckoning, Relentless is second.
            Thank you Icy Sun, I should be getting Day Of Reckoning any day now, and will let you know what I think of it.

Pentagram is a great band.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

I’m digging Pentagram a lot, their 70’s material is best, was listening to First Daze Here and it’s excellent.

These guys had a feel and groove if that makes sense everything just melded together.

Comment

No other Pentagram fans on the forum?????

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                  No other Pentagram fans on the forum?????
                  I love Pentagram,great band.

Comment

Great band

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kennyz View Post
                      I love Pentagram,great band.
                      Originally posted by maestro View Post
                      Great band

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear!

Comment

Got my Day Of Reckoning CD yesterday, good album.

Comment

This album is great, just as good as Relentless if not better.

Comment

The original mix of Day of Reckoning is better, IMO. The drums don't sound like they were bolted on to the other instruments, like they do in the partial re-recording. The original mix is only available on the original vinyl record and cassette, though.

*With the exception of Burning Saviour. Joe Hasselvander originally recorded the drums for that one before leaving the band, so they didn't have him re-record it with the others.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                              The original mix of Day of Reckoning is better, IMO. The drums don't sound like they were bolted on to the other instruments, like they do in the partial re-recording. The original mix is only available on the original vinyl record and cassette, though.

*With the exception of Burning Saviour. Joe Hasselvander originally recorded the drums for that one before leaving the band, so they didn't have him re-record it with the others.
                              Burning Savior is the best track on the album.

Comment

Working...
                              X