Pentagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Burning Savior is the best track on the album.
    It's up there, for sure.

Comment

Looking to get Review Your Choices and Show ‘em How, what do Pentagram fans think of these two albums? Would like to know your opinions before I purchase the albums.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Looking to get Review Your Choices and Show ‘em How, what do Pentagram fans think of these two albums? Would like to know your opinions before I purchase the albums.
        I have them and they are good. Especially Show Em How. Its only Bobby and the band Internal Void backing them. I think Show Em How is in my top 3 Pentagram albums!

Comment

Originally posted by jstheconqueror View Post
          I have them and they are good. Especially Show Em How. Its only Bobby and the band Internal Void backing them. I think Show Em How is in my top 3 Pentagram albums!
          Thank you for your input JS, I appreciate it, and will definitely be getting them.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Been trying to get Show 'Em How on CD, they're asking for $75.00 on Amazon used and there is only two copies available, Ebay doesn't even have it listed and Discogs the cheapest is like $34.00 plus like $17.00 to ship and I think that's in Euros, unbelievable!

My best bet is to buiy it on ITunes for $10.00 and burn it to CD.

Why is this album so expensive, and hard to find?

Comment

Been trying to get Show 'Em How on CD, they're asking for $75.00 on Amazon used and there is only two copies available, Ebay doesn't even have it listed and Discogs the cheapest is like $34.00 plus like $17.00 to ship and I think that's in Euros, unbelievable!

Both albums (along with Sub-Basement) were released on the label Black Widow. Black Widow often has a lot of cool bands on their roster. But every thing else about the label sucks. Their distribution is horrible and it's always expensive to order their releases even when they are new. And now we come to why it is even more expensive: They easily let their releases go out of print. Review Your Choices has been reissued by labels with better distribution more times and on more widely varied formats than Show 'Em How. Why? I don't know exactly.
              Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

I bought it when it came out luckily! Burn it for now and maybe wait until it sees a reissue by a different label. Otherwise favorite your Show Em How search on Ebay or Amazon so you get alerted when a new listing gets posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Icy Sun View Post
                  Both albums (along with Sub-Basement) were released on the label Black Widow. Black Widow often has a lot of cool bands on their roster. But every thing else about the label sucks. Their distribution is horrible and it's always expensive to order their releases even when they are new. And now we come to why it is even more expensive: They easily let their releases go out of print. Review Your Choices has been reissued by labels with better distribution more times and on more widely varied formats than Show 'Em How. Why? I don't know exactly.
                  That does suck when albums go out of print, luckily I’ve been able to get most of their albums reissued, Show ‘Em How hasn’t been issued by another label unfortunately Black Widow is an Italian label from what I can tell, all the available copies ship from Italy, it’s like 17-20 Euros to ship which is ridiculous, it’ll cost more to ship than the cost of the actual cd.
                  Originally posted by jstheconqueror View Post
                  I bought it when it came out luckily! Burn it for now and maybe wait until it sees a reissue by a different label. Otherwise favorite your Show Em How search on Ebay or Amazon so you get alerted when a new listing gets posted.
                  Thanks for the advice JS, I’ve already saved it on eBay and Amazon and put it in my want list on Discogs when a cheaper price is available I’ll jump on it, for now I’ll just burn it from iTunes like you suggested, thanks for your help.
                  Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 10-12-2018, 04:58 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

That does suck when albums go out of print, luckily Iíve been able to get most of their albums reissued, Show ĎEm How hasnít been issued by another label unfortunately Black Widow is an Italian label from what I can tell, all the available copies ship from Italy, itís like 17-20 Eurostar to ship which is ridiculous, itíll cost more to ship than the cost of the actual cd.

Thanks for the advice JS, Iíve already saved it on eBay and Amazon and put it in my want list on Discogs when a cheaper price is available Iíll jump on it, for now Iíll just burn it from iTunes like you suggested, thanks for your help.
                    OID, hold off on getting it from iTunes. I will find the link to the distro I purchased it from, and see if they've still got it in stock. It was rare when I got it, but the price was more than acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                      OID, hold off on getting it from iTunes. I will find the link to the distro I purchased it from, and see if they've still got it in stock. It was rare when I got it, but the price was more than acceptable.
                      Thank you Sweet will do, I appreciate that, thank you very much.

Comment

Thank you Sweet will do, I appreciate that, thank you very much.
                        You're welcome.

I looked for it, and I'm sorry to report it looks like that the distro is no longer active. It was called Black Devil Records, and they were based out of California, so the cost and shipping mightn't have been too bad. The distro was run by Katon DePena (Hirax vocalist). Perhaps it's worth emailing him and asking if there's any copies of it left over? Since I know Black Devil Records is at least active in releasing Hirax material.

It was the initial Black Widow pressing too, since it's only ever been reissued on vinyl.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                          You're welcome.

I looked for it, and I'm sorry to report it looks like that the distro is no longer active. It was called Black Devil Records, and they were based out of California, so the cost and shipping mightn't have been too bad. The distro was run by Katon DePena (Hirax vocalist). Perhaps it's worth emailing him and asking if there's any copies of it left over? Since I know Black Devil Records is at least active in releasing Hirax material.

It was the initial Black Widow pressing too, since it's only ever been reissued on vinyl.
                          I appreciate your effort just the same Sweet, thanks again.

I contacted a guy on Discogs, I think he might work for Black Widow Records, that's the username he goes by anyway, they want 29.00 euros for the CD plus 25.00 euros to ship, I told him no thank you, that the shipping cost is ridiculous, it's more than the CD is worth, I would've paid the 29.00 euros for the CD yes, but not the ridiculous amount for the shipping costs, that's insane.

This is why people resort to burning music off torrents, which I don't of course, I'll either go the iTunes route or wait for an affordable copy to become available.

Comment

I never listen to Pentagram, what albums would you suggest listening to OzzyisDio?

Comment

Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
                              I never listen to Pentagram, what albums would you suggest listening to OzzyisDio?
                              I suggest the first 3 for starters, Relentless, Day Of Reckoning and Be Forwarned.

Comment

I suggest the first 3 for starters, Relentless, Day Of Reckoning and Be Forwarned.
                                Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X