Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stevie Ray Vaughan (Oct. 3,1954-Aug. 27, 1990-RIP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thought I would give this thread a bump - hard to believe it has been 25 years since Stevie died. I find I miss his music more & more with each passing year always wondering what new tunes he would have created.

Hoping Buddy guy plays this when I go see him on the 6th

Rememberin Stevie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tSszFSYhq0

SRV - Riviera Paradise - still think this is one of his best - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjDOjSmwjKg

If you can spend sometime today just Rememberin' Stevie
    At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Comment

Originally posted by kamikazetom View Post
      thought I would give this thread a bump - hard to believe it has been 25 years since Stevie died. I find I miss his music more & more with each passing year always wondering what new tunes he would have created.

Hoping Buddy guy plays this when I go see him on the 6th

Rememberin Stevie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tSszFSYhq0

SRV - Riviera Paradise - still think this is one of his best - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjDOjSmwjKg

If you can spend sometime today just Rememberin' Stevie
      Thanks tom. I remember studying the Austin City Limits vid of Riviera paradise to learn every lick. Definitely one of my most favorite SRV tracks..Miss you Stevie Ray \m/
      The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

I'm HONORED I got to see Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble three times: once on the 'Live Alive' tour ( Nov. 1987 ) and twice on the 'In Step' tour ( May and Oct. 1989 ). Imitated but NEVER duplicated. A true artist in every sense of the word. R.I.P. Mr. Vaughan. The music is still alive, and the legacy intact.

Comment

It is hard to believe that it has been 25 years since that terrible day. Stevie Ray Vaughan was the blues personified. I was fortunate to see Stevie Ray twice and I was amazed by his guitar skills and soulful vocals. Stevie Ray was truly one of a kind and he has been missed.

Comment

I definitly remember hearing David Bowie's "China Girl" and that blusey guitar solo kicked in at the end and I went "wow", it wasn't long but it definitely hit you in the gut and turned your head... R.I.P. SRV... some people play music others the few, play their soul. He did just that.
            "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
            R. Blackmore

Comment

I was lucky enough to see both of the Vaughan brothers.

1986 when The Fabulous T-Birds opened for Rush, and in 1989 SRV opened for Santana.

SRV really got big after he died. I remember on Los Angeles radio they would only play his cover of 'Superstitious' in the late eighties.

R I P - Stevie
              "I can't fucking hear you!"

Comment

I've seen remarkably few concerts in my life, but I did see Stevie Ray Vaughan live. Honestly, it wasn't the best show as SRV was more of a player than a showman. Yet under the circumstances, I'm glad I saw him while I could.
                How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
                --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It's now been 26 years since the best guitarist I ever saw left to join the great band in the sky - Remember Stevie today by playing some of his music

Couldn't stand the Weather -

At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Comment

This thread gets bumped every year. I'm laughing reading my own comments, Geez, I never did do that Utah trip.

I appreciate the reminder and the updated videos to watch. Thanks, Tom.
                    How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
                    --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It's now been 27 years since Stevie passed away. Spent the day listening to Texas Flood seemed appropriate since here in Texas the rains have been biblical

Comment

Saw him on his "Live Alive" tour back at the Austin Convention Center. Truly magical, those memories will always be with me.

Comment

The Austin (and the overall Texas) blues scene is uniquely awesome and dear to my heart. It is awash in top-notch talent and artistes with long and luminous careers. And that includes many women (Lou Ann Barton, Angela Strehli, Annie Sampson, Tracy Nelson - the so-called 'blues broads' ). Stevie played alongside many of his fellow Texan bluesmen and women. Thanks to YouTube I discovered many of these gigs and cool old tunes only in the past few years. As sad it still is to contemplate the premature passing of SRV and his absense from the scene, I'm just glad Jimmie Lee is still around making his differently delightful blues music today.
                          "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Hard to believe it's been 28 years since Stevie died - been listening to the live in Montreux 1985 show today - what a killer guitarist he was

Comment

Today is 30 years since Stevie Ray passed - hard to believe he has been gone that long - gonna be blasting some SRV today - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KFWw1w-vT2Y

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

An enormous loss to the rock world. Can't believe its been 30 years. I remember vividly hearing about the helicopter crash on my way to school. It was the first day of my sophomore year in college.

I was stunned. Gone way too soon.

Time to pull out Couldn't Stand The Weather, the first album of his that I bought after hearing Cold Shot on the radio. I was 15 years old, and immediately loved his take on the blues.

SRV.... R.I.P. 😢

Comment

Working...
                                X