Ozzy
    Slash
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Stone Sour

Thinking about going to see:

Alice Cooper
    Motley Crue
    Bob Seger

and then when the remainder of the summer schedule comes out for the local summer venue (DTE Energy Music Theater), then I will fill in some more shows.
    "I can honestly say it’s truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
      Woah! Hang on a minute? Is this for real???

Damn damn damn...then I must get to this festival, without a doubt! I'm gonna be there!
      Yeah, it's for real.

It's going to be an emotional moment for all concerned having the old guys of Dio stepping on to the stage, playing the music like they have so far, but this time Dio himself will not join them...luckily they have the #1 metal vocalist of the younger generation paying his dues in honour of Dio and his music.
      "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
        LOOK AT THE FINAL LINEUP OF THIS YEAR'S SAUNA OPEN AIR METAL FESTIVAL

Sauna Open Air 9.-11.6.2011.

Confirmed bands:

Thursday 9.6.2011

MAIN STAGE

Ozzy Osbourne (UK) 20.00
        Helloween (GER)

PARK STAGE (in random order)

Moonsorrow
        Omnium Gatherum

Friday 10.6.2011

MAIN STAGE

Saxon (UK) 20.00
        DORO (GER)
        Cavalera Conspiracy (BRA)

Turisas

Dio’s Disciples (US) feat. Craig Goldy, Rudy Sarzo, Simon Wright & Tim Ripper Owens
        Joey Belladonna (US)
        Viikate, Rytmihäiriö

Saturday 11.6.2011

MAIN STAGE

Judas Priest (UK) 20.00
        Accept (GER)
        Queensr˙che (US)
        Tarot

Sparzanza (SWE)
        Mokoma
        Battle Beast
        Blake
        Anthriel

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE GREATEST FESTIVAL IN MY LIFE.

Ok, now I HAVE to get a ticket for friday and saturday. Priest, Tarot and Queensr˙che are some of my very favorite acts and I'd very much like to see the Dio's disciples, even if Ripper isn't my favorite choice for the slot. I just think he's too much of a Halford "copy" and I don't like his renditions of Dio songs too much -he's vibarato is a bit artificial and strong for RJD led songs IMO. Owens isn't a totally bad choise though, the guy can sing. I just would have preferred Jorn Lande or Nils Patrick Johansson, but maybe it's better they keep concentrating on their own original projects.
        "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
        "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
        "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
          Ok, now I HAVE to get a ticket for friday and saturday. Priest, Tarot and Queensr˙che are some of my very favorite acts and I'd very much like to see the Dio's disciples, even if Ripper isn't my favorite choice for the slot. I just think he's too much of a Halford "copy" and I don't like his renditions of Dio songs too much -he's vibarato is a bit artificial and strong for RJD led songs IMO. Owens isn't a totally bad choise though, the guy can sing. I just would have preferred Jorn Lande or Nils Patrick Johansson, but maybe it's better they keep concentrating on their own original projects.
          Tim a Halford copy??? That's just plain silly! Their voices aren't even close..
          Tim is a very versatile singer, he can scream, he can growl, he can sing softly, he can sing with power...he's pretty much has it all...and because of that I do think he is the only logical choice for this project...and so did Wendy...and her opinion is really the only one that matter here anyways!

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
            Tim a Halford copy??? That's just plain silly! Their voices aren't even close..
            Tim is a very versatile singer, he can scream, he can growl, he can sing softly, he can sing with power...he's pretty much has it all...and because of that I do think he is the only logical choice for this project...and so did Wendy...and her opinion is really the only one that matter here anyways!
            Well, maybe it's just the Priest connection then But yeah, Wendy approved Ripper and that's it. She could have been a bit biased though, since she manages Ripper. And I just hope that they would have turned to me for a second opinion
            "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
            "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
            "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
              Well, maybe it's just the Priest connection then But yeah, Wendy approved Ripper and that's it. She could have been a bit biased though, since she manages Ripper. And I just hope that they would have turned to me for a second opinion

And I'm pretty happy then they didn't!

Comment

Working...
              X