X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charger
    replied
    Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
    Well, maybe it's just the Priest connection then But yeah, Wendy approved Ripper and that's it. She could have been a bit biased though, since she manages Ripper. And I just hope that they would have turned to me for a second opinion

And I'm pretty happy then they didn't!

Leave a comment:

• -E5150 StarWanderer-
    replied
    Originally posted by Charger View Post
    Tim a Halford copy??? That's just plain silly! Their voices aren't even close..
    Tim is a very versatile singer, he can scream, he can growl, he can sing softly, he can sing with power...he's pretty much has it all...and because of that I do think he is the only logical choice for this project...and so did Wendy...and her opinion is really the only one that matter here anyways!
    Well, maybe it's just the Priest connection then But yeah, Wendy approved Ripper and that's it. She could have been a bit biased though, since she manages Ripper. And I just hope that they would have turned to me for a second opinion

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
    Ok, now I HAVE to get a ticket for friday and saturday. Priest, Tarot and Queensr˙che are some of my very favorite acts and I'd very much like to see the Dio's disciples, even if Ripper isn't my favorite choice for the slot. I just think he's too much of a Halford "copy" and I don't like his renditions of Dio songs too much -he's vibarato is a bit artificial and strong for RJD led songs IMO. Owens isn't a totally bad choise though, the guy can sing. I just would have preferred Jorn Lande or Nils Patrick Johansson, but maybe it's better they keep concentrating on their own original projects.
    Tim a Halford copy??? That's just plain silly! Their voices aren't even close..
    Tim is a very versatile singer, he can scream, he can growl, he can sing softly, he can sing with power...he's pretty much has it all...and because of that I do think he is the only logical choice for this project...and so did Wendy...and her opinion is really the only one that matter here anyways!

Leave a comment:

• -E5150 StarWanderer-
    replied
    Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
    LOOK AT THE FINAL LINEUP OF THIS YEAR'S SAUNA OPEN AIR METAL FESTIVAL

Sauna Open Air 9.-11.6.2011.

Confirmed bands:

Thursday 9.6.2011

MAIN STAGE

Ozzy Osbourne (UK) 20.00
    Helloween (GER)

PARK STAGE (in random order)

Moonsorrow
    Omnium Gatherum

Friday 10.6.2011

MAIN STAGE

Saxon (UK) 20.00
    DORO (GER)
    Cavalera Conspiracy (BRA)

Turisas

Dio’s Disciples (US) feat. Craig Goldy, Rudy Sarzo, Simon Wright & Tim Ripper Owens
    Joey Belladonna (US)
    Viikate, Rytmihäiriö

Saturday 11.6.2011

MAIN STAGE

Judas Priest (UK) 20.00
    Accept (GER)
    Queensr˙che (US)
    Tarot

Sparzanza (SWE)
    Mokoma
    Battle Beast
    Blake
    Anthriel

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE GREATEST FESTIVAL IN MY LIFE.

Ok, now I HAVE to get a ticket for friday and saturday. Priest, Tarot and Queensr˙che are some of my very favorite acts and I'd very much like to see the Dio's disciples, even if Ripper isn't my favorite choice for the slot. I just think he's too much of a Halford "copy" and I don't like his renditions of Dio songs too much -he's vibarato is a bit artificial and strong for RJD led songs IMO. Owens isn't a totally bad choise though, the guy can sing. I just would have preferred Jorn Lande or Nils Patrick Johansson, but maybe it's better they keep concentrating on their own original projects.

Leave a comment:

• Sabbathman
    replied
    Originally posted by Charger View Post
    Woah! Hang on a minute? Is this for real???

Damn damn damn...then I must get to this festival, without a doubt! I'm gonna be there!
    Yeah, it's for real.

It's going to be an emotional moment for all concerned having the old guys of Dio stepping on to the stage, playing the music like they have so far, but this time Dio himself will not join them...luckily they have the #1 metal vocalist of the younger generation paying his dues in honour of Dio and his music.

Leave a comment:

• H&H
    replied
    I've seen (so far) in 2011

Ozzy
    Slash
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Stone Sour

Thinking about going to see:

Alice Cooper
    Motley Crue
    Bob Seger

and then when the remainder of the summer schedule comes out for the local summer venue (DTE Energy Music Theater), then I will fill in some more shows.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post

Dio’s Disciples (US) feat. Craig Goldy, Rudy Sarzo, Simon Wright & Tim Ripper Owens

Woah! Hang on a minute? Is this for real???

Damn damn damn...then I must get to this festival, without a doubt! I'm gonna be there!

Leave a comment:

• Sabbathman
    replied
    LOOK AT THE FINAL LINEUP OF THIS YEAR'S SAUNA OPEN AIR METAL FESTIVAL

Sauna Open Air 9.-11.6.2011.

Confirmed bands:

Thursday 9.6.2011

MAIN STAGE

Ozzy Osbourne (UK) 20.00
    Helloween (GER)

Moonsorrow
    Omnium Gatherum

Friday 10.6.2011

MAIN STAGE

Saxon (UK) 20.00
    DORO (GER)
    Cavalera Conspiracy (BRA)

Turisas

Joey Belladonna (US)
    Viikate, Rytmihäiriö

Saturday 11.6.2011

MAIN STAGE

Judas Priest (UK) 20.00
    Accept (GER)
    Queensr˙che (US)
    Tarot

Sparzanza (SWE)
    Mokoma
    Battle Beast
    Blake
    Anthriel

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE GREATEST FESTIVAL IN MY LIFE.

Leave a comment:

• Franklin
    replied
    Robin Trower is playing in Ventura tonight. And if I could muster some energy I would go see him. Fuck, I wish I weren't so tired.

Leave a comment:

• Pink Led Rush
    replied
    Originally posted by kentuckyfan View Post
    Well I am praaying for you to bring rock to nashville. i was at the only Pink Floyd show in Nashville during the last two tours they had and all the best seats were taken up by the barnyard cousin humpers like reba, travis twit ect... My friends were in line for 2 days and got like 12th row behind then and screamed at these chicken humpers to give their great seats to real Floyd fans and get up off their ass and cheer. That was a true story. reba sicked her bodyguards yes she had more that one on my pals.
    Aw that sux, Pink Floyd is my second fav band, I would be pissed if someone ruined it for me. Sadly I wasn't old enough when they were on their last tour. I literally would have been a baby when Division Bell came out.

Leave a comment:

• kentuckyfan
    replied
    Well I am praaying for you to bring rock to nashville. i was at the only Pink Floyd show in Nashville during the last two tours they had and all the best seats were taken up by the barnyard cousin humpers like reba, travis twit ect... My friends were in line for 2 days and got like 12th row behind then and screamed at these chicken humpers to give their great seats to real Floyd fans and get up off their ass and cheer. That was a true story. reba sicked her bodyguards yes she had more that one on my pals.

Leave a comment:

• Pink Led Rush
    replied
    Originally posted by kentuckyfan View Post
    After seeing these post I need to move to Finland have fun guys with all the great shows. here in Louisville we have a brand new 22K seat arena and all we get are RUSH yes I have a ticket the Eagles for the first event lady gaga and justine beeber and the usually barn yard cousin humping shit from nashville. Why did satain invent country music?!?!?!
    Yeah, I'm seeing Rush too. I missed Ozzy last week. Ugh. Anyway, I'm hoping to get into the music business and help bring back hard rock and metal to Nashville. It is Music City, meaning all music should be represented, but since I'm in love with rock and roll that's what I hope to bring back.

Leave a comment:

• kentuckyfan
    replied
    After seeing these post I need to move to Finland have fun guys with all the great shows. here in Louisville we have a brand new 22K seat arena and all we get are RUSH yes I have a ticket the Eagles for the first event lady gaga and justine beeber and the usually barn yard cousin humping shit from nashville. Why did satain invent country music?!?!?!

Leave a comment:

• Sabbathman
    replied
    Yesterday I got the 3-day ticket for the 2011 Sauna Open Air Metal Festival, June 9-11...it will be the greatest festival bill in my life. I mean look at the lineup, fuck!!!

HELLOWEEN
    OZZY OSBOURNE
    CAVALERA CONSPIRACY
    DORO
    SAXON
    ACCEPT

TAROT - The Spell Of Iron 25th Anniversary Show
    JUDAS PRIEST - Epitaph Farewell Tour

Thank God this lineup is spread over 3 days, otherwise I couldn't go through this all...

Other shows for the live show year 2011 thus far:

Melechesh & Nile at Pakkahuone in Tampere on February 22
    Hail Of Bullets at Nosturi in Helsinki on May 21
    Alice Cooper & Iron Maiden at the Olympic Stadium in Helsinki on July 8
    Scorpions at Miljoonarock Festival in Tuuri on July 23

The Sonisphere Festival will become interesting if The Big Four arrives there...I wish some good venue got Motorhead to perform at a suitable time too.

I reckon this will be the last great year of live heavy rock & metal.

Leave a comment:

• kamikazetom
    replied
    So far for 2011 the shows I am looking forward to are Buddy Guy in ft. Worth Feb 26th & Eric Johnson on Jan 26th I am sure there will be a ton of shows coming up that I will go to - really hoping for a US tour of the big 4

Leave a comment:

Working...
X