Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live Shows in 2011

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Live Shows in 2011

    The mighty 2010 is drawing to a close pretty soon (only Ensiferum & the classic old school set from Amorphis are yet to be experienced on this Friday the 17th)...

    ...but how does the live show scene of 2011 look for you at this point?

    I already have many great shows lined up for 2011:

    Tullikamari, Tampere Feb 22nd
    - Goat The Head
    - Pressure Points
    - BIBLEBLACK
    - MELECHESH
    - NILE

    Sauna Open Air Metal Festival, Tampere
    - Jun 10th SAXON
    - Jun 11th JUDAS PRIEST – Epitaph Farewell Tour

    Olympic Stadium, Hellsinki Jul 7th
    - ALICE COOPER
    - IRON MAIDEN
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

  • #2
    Going to see Rush in Nashville April 3rd. So far that's it, maybe if Iron Maiden comes back to the states and Van Halen tours as expected.
    Originally Posted by Monster Boy

    Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

    Comment


    • #3
      Going to the Soundwave Festival in March, Saxon playing along with Iron Maiden, Slayer, Rob Zombie, Slash and a few others, going to see every Bob Dylan gig with my dad as well.......

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
        Sauna Open Air Metal Festival, Tampere
        - Jun 10th SAXON
        - Jun 11th JUDAS PRIEST – Epitaph Farewell Tour

        Olympic Stadium, Hellsinki Jul 7th
        - ALICE COOPER
        - IRON MAIDEN
        Cooper's opening for Maiden????? What the heck!? That must be the first time Maiden has taken a big name to open for them! That's pretty darn cool!

        I don't like festivals but unless Priest announces some additional dates I might have to go to Sauna...I haven't been able to catch Priest live and this might very well be the last chance.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Charger View Post
          Cooper's opening for Maiden????? What the heck!? That must be the first time Maiden has taken a big name to open for them! That's pretty darn cool!

          I don't like festivals but unless Priest announces some additional dates I might have to go to Sauna...I haven't been able to catch Priest live and this might very well be the last chance.
          Yeah, I'm going to see Maiden aswell and was most happy to hear that Cooper is their opening act. Beats the hell out of A7X and Harris' daughter And I really hope that Priest announce an arena gig aswell. But if not, I'll have catch them at Sauna Open Air, since I haven't seen them live either.

          And as far as this year goes, my year will be wrapped after tonight: going to see Helloween in Pakkahuone Tampere. Will be a great show, if my crystal ball works
          "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
          "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
          "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

          Comment


          • #6
            Judas Priest, Motörhead, Blue Öyster Cult will be seen as assume their tours will hit eastern US. Megadeth always a question, though liked the short Rust in Peace tour in 2010. Same with Iron Maiden and Queensryche.

            Don't expect to see any live incarnation involving Iommi 2011, sad as am sure the H and H juggernaut would have continued.

            I only like going to my Top 6-7 bands as reserved close seats, meet/greets, travel, etc cost a fortune. Only 2 small venue shows I saw in 2010 were for Halford (awesome) and Accept (good). But would rather see UDO and his band vs the latter case but doubt they'd to the US.

            Comment


            • #7
              So far for 2011 the shows I am looking forward to are Buddy Guy in ft. Worth Feb 26th & Eric Johnson on Jan 26th I am sure there will be a ton of shows coming up that I will go to - really hoping for a US tour of the big 4
              At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

              Comment


              • #8
                Yesterday I got the 3-day ticket for the 2011 Sauna Open Air Metal Festival, June 9-11...it will be the greatest festival bill in my life. I mean look at the lineup, fuck!!!

                HELLOWEEN
                OZZY OSBOURNE
                CAVALERA CONSPIRACY
                DORO
                SAXON
                ACCEPT

                TAROT - The Spell Of Iron 25th Anniversary Show
                JUDAS PRIEST - Epitaph Farewell Tour


                Thank God this lineup is spread over 3 days, otherwise I couldn't go through this all...

                Other shows for the live show year 2011 thus far:

                Melechesh & Nile at Pakkahuone in Tampere on February 22
                Hail Of Bullets at Nosturi in Helsinki on May 21
                Alice Cooper & Iron Maiden at the Olympic Stadium in Helsinki on July 8
                Scorpions at Miljoonarock Festival in Tuuri on July 23

                The Sonisphere Festival will become interesting if The Big Four arrives there...I wish some good venue got Motorhead to perform at a suitable time too.

                I reckon this will be the last great year of live heavy rock & metal.
                "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

                Comment


                • #9
                  After seeing these post I need to move to Finland have fun guys with all the great shows. here in Louisville we have a brand new 22K seat arena and all we get are RUSH yes I have a ticket the Eagles for the first event lady gaga and justine beeber and the usually barn yard cousin humping shit from nashville. Why did satain invent country music?!?!?!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by kentuckyfan View Post
                    After seeing these post I need to move to Finland have fun guys with all the great shows. here in Louisville we have a brand new 22K seat arena and all we get are RUSH yes I have a ticket the Eagles for the first event lady gaga and justine beeber and the usually barn yard cousin humping shit from nashville. Why did satain invent country music?!?!?!
                    Yeah, I'm seeing Rush too. I missed Ozzy last week. Ugh. Anyway, I'm hoping to get into the music business and help bring back hard rock and metal to Nashville. It is Music City, meaning all music should be represented, but since I'm in love with rock and roll that's what I hope to bring back.
                    Originally Posted by Monster Boy

                    Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well I am praaying for you to bring rock to nashville. i was at the only Pink Floyd show in Nashville during the last two tours they had and all the best seats were taken up by the barnyard cousin humpers like reba, travis twit ect... My friends were in line for 2 days and got like 12th row behind then and screamed at these chicken humpers to give their great seats to real Floyd fans and get up off their ass and cheer. That was a true story. reba sicked her bodyguards yes she had more that one on my pals.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by kentuckyfan View Post
                        Well I am praaying for you to bring rock to nashville. i was at the only Pink Floyd show in Nashville during the last two tours they had and all the best seats were taken up by the barnyard cousin humpers like reba, travis twit ect... My friends were in line for 2 days and got like 12th row behind then and screamed at these chicken humpers to give their great seats to real Floyd fans and get up off their ass and cheer. That was a true story. reba sicked her bodyguards yes she had more that one on my pals.
                        Aw that sux, Pink Floyd is my second fav band, I would be pissed if someone ruined it for me. Sadly I wasn't old enough when they were on their last tour. I literally would have been a baby when Division Bell came out.
                        Originally Posted by Monster Boy

                        Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Robin Trower is playing in Ventura tonight. And if I could muster some energy I would go see him. Fuck, I wish I weren't so tired.
                          How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
                          --Benjamin Franklin

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            LOOK AT THE FINAL LINEUP OF THIS YEAR'S SAUNA OPEN AIR METAL FESTIVAL

                            Sauna Open Air 9.-11.6.2011.

                            Confirmed bands:

                            Thursday 9.6.2011

                            MAIN STAGE

                            Ozzy Osbourne (UK) 20.00
                            Helloween (GER)


                            PARK STAGE (in random order)

                            Moonsorrow
                            Omnium Gatherum
                            ____________________________________

                            Friday 10.6.2011

                            MAIN STAGE

                            Saxon (UK) 20.00
                            DORO (GER)
                            Cavalera Conspiracy (BRA)

                            Turisas

                            PARK STAGE (in random order)

                            Dio’s Disciples (US) feat. Craig Goldy, Rudy Sarzo, Simon Wright & Tim Ripper Owens
                            Joey Belladonna (US)
                            Viikate, Rytmihäiriö
                            ____________________________________

                            Saturday 11.6.2011

                            MAIN STAGE

                            Judas Priest (UK) 20.00
                            Accept (GER)
                            Queensrÿche (US)
                            Tarot


                            PARK STAGE (in random order)

                            Sparzanza (SWE)
                            Mokoma
                            Battle Beast
                            Blake
                            Anthriel

                            THIS IS GOING TO BE THE GREATEST FESTIVAL IN MY LIFE.
                            "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                              PARK STAGE (in random order)

                              Dio’s Disciples (US) feat. Craig Goldy, Rudy Sarzo, Simon Wright & Tim Ripper Owens

                              Woah! Hang on a minute? Is this for real???

                              Damn damn damn...then I must get to this festival, without a doubt! I'm gonna be there!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X